1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Any girls here??

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Wassup, Dec 18, 2000.

1. Wingfoot Guest

2. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

3. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Well, just judging from the name "Mithrilhammer" could smash any big bad wolf into the ground with his/her bare fists!

I think it's because of the "Hammer" part of the name. Very tough-guy like! :o

Mithrilhammer, see!

4. Mithrilhammer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well see... that's the whole point. I explained this to someone before but I can't remember who. I always use this name because a couple of other rp boards I've been to haven't been all that welcoming to women rp'ers. They seem to think it must mean that I'm an idiot.. So I use Mithrilhammer so people assume I'm not a girl and until I get to know people better, I keep it that way ;)

But most of the people here are very cool about it and care more about the games than who's playing them so I don't mind mentioning it.

As for BG and BG2 I've played both males and females. I usually start with females but then switch back and forth once I'm finished :)

Mithrilfeather (LOL)

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Darien, you're female? Never knew that.

Mithril, geez, you make it sound as if being a woman is a bad thing. I don't know what kind of idiots wouldn't welcome women role players.

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Without a doubt Tal...

I said it in a previous post, but we never had any ladies play RPG's when I used to play a lot. So it's pretty cool to see that there are women interested in it. I think I've seen at least a half dozen or so on here throughout the last few months.

~Bel

7. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

Tal,
    And here I was thinking you were the only one who knew. (Considering that my email signs my name on all outgoing messages!) :p Missed that, you did... :D

8. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

By the time I discovered d&d, most people didn't want to bring in anyone new, so I've only played a couple of campaigns. Most of my friends, including a couple of women enjoy RPGs. We've all played BG1 and 2. Maybe there are more girls interested than you'd think. Ask around! Maybe the lack of interest is only lack of exposure. I myself used to play Solitaire for lack of anything more engaging. Then I borrowed a couple of Ultima games, and thus began my obsession! :D I've also enjoyed Tomb Raider and a few other shoot'em up type games. No aversion to violence here!! Even Diablo has some fond memories...

9. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] That's just awesome! It would have been cool to have some ladies playing...I wish I still had time for a little P&P D&D. I barely have time to play the CRPG's now.

Sometimes the whole growing up thing gets annoying! I am glad to see that there are so many more women interested in RPG's in general...I had no idea there were any until I started posting on these boards!

Such a sheltered life I've led. :rolleyes:

10. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Hate to burst your bubble dude, but don't count the chickens before they're hatched.

How do you know that all the "girls" in this forum are not a sinister, all encompassing conspiractic hoax designed to put you off guard and then humiliate you when the time is right?

You CAN'T know for sure right? MUAHAHAHAHA! :D

11. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    That would explain a lot! :p

12. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Sigh
    'turns on tape recorder that makes wolf-like noises anyway.'
    ah well

13. FootSoap Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hi, I'm also a girl. I picked a stupid name like FootSoap, because I didn't realize that these boards would be so cool. Also, like Mithrilhammer, I figured everyone would think I was another guy. I started role playing when D&D first came out. My sister turned me on to it. So my earliest experiences with it was with other girls. I still love role playing, and most of the campaigns I've been in involve an almost even mix of guys to girls.

14. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Well it's good to have ya FootSoap! Although you've only got 12 posts up...It still may be early enough to change if you want to.

~Bel

15. hooligan_inc Guest

I vote Sir Belisarius the most elligable bachelor.

16. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Does it show THAT much? It's sad, very, very sad! :confused:

What can I say, I work full time, go to school at night, and take karate and play crpg's...I barely have time for anything else!

[This message has been edited by Sir Belisarius (edited January 05, 2001).]

17. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Look at it this way, its better than.

MithrilRoyalDoultan

herf: i recommend prozac.

18. hooligan_inc Guest

[​IMG] Hey, i didn't mean no offence Bel, s'just you remind me of a guy I went to Italy with on a school trip who insisted that we all flirt with every girl we see. Hehe...got a lot of phone calls when i got back to England though...

19. Mithrilhammer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Since we're on the topic...

*waves to the other girls* Hi! Glad you're here :)

Mithrilhammer

20. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Where else can you find a plethora of young, single men with nothing to do but hang around the house roleplaying fantasy games? ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.