1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anime Rules

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Athalon, Aug 7, 2001.

1. Athalon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Im pasting it here cuz the thread is closed and Extremist screwed up my topic. I didn't know you couldn't use "Im going 2 the market" or u isntead of you. Now I know. And geez you didn't have to make a deal out of it. I only put it as my title. Thanks a lot, Extremist.

I personally LOVE ANIME!! I sometimes actually wonder how many people watch anime. Well I guess people on the West coast of America and living in the East (asia) are the people who know anime best. But you can't forget whats in between those two, HAWAII! I love ANIME! Heres the list of all the great anime I watch in TOP TEN form w/ a little description as well

10 Gundam Wing- a buncha teenagers who go into these huge robots called Gundams and fight in outer space. My favorite character is Troia (dunno how to spell)

9 Card Captor Sakura- kinda for little kids but its a series about this girl named Sakura who has to get Clow cards. She also has a friend named Li who also also catches Clow Cards. One of Sakura's friends sometimes follows Sakura around filming all the battles with the Clow Cards.

8 Record of Lodoss War- a famous knight named Parn and his sidekick high elf maiden, Deedlit, fights an evil knight Ashram and his sidekick dark elf Pirotess(Marmo). Fighting happens on the continent/island of Lodoss. Lotsa dragons, reminds me of Baldur's Gate II cuz there are clerics and mages and priests and many gods.

7 Ranma 1/2- about this boy named Ranma and his group of family/friends who changes form when touched by water or something special. Ranma turns into a boy/girl . His dad a man/panda. His friend boy/pig and so on.

6 Dragon Ball Z- buncha fighters. Main charcter is Gokou a saiyajin son of Bardok who survived Freiza's annihlation of the Saiyajin race. Vegeta also survives as Frieza's understudy. Cool stuff like powering up to SSJ2, 3, 4, and turning into a monkey! Fusion makes it even cooler!

5 Evangelion- 2015 AD or sometime around then. 15 years ago the First Impact hit. This anime is VERY confusing and complex. A boy named Shinji is one of the 5 chosen to use an Evangelion. They fight these monsters which are called Angels (not the Cherubin, these fellas are WICKED). There are a total of 18 angels i think (all of them w/ patent pending names like Ramiel [a diamond angel], Sachiel, Shamshel, gaghiel, israfel etc...) An evangelion is sort of a robot controlled by the mind of the user. Shinji works for his father Gendou (his mom is dead) at N.E.R.V HQ an organization built to deal with the Angels. Shinji pilots Eva-01, Asuka Langly a japanese/german girl who pilots Eva-02, Rei Ayanami (shhh shes a clone) pilots Eva-00, one of Shinji's friends pilots Eva-04. High synchronization rate is needed. Some very gross parts and *mature* parts. ages 18+, although im only 12 Ehehehee

3 Tenchi Muyo- about this boy named Tenchi who is half human and half Juraian. His father came from space and he was named after his sword Tenchi. His father is the famous Yosho, but Tenchi doesn't know that, well until later i guess.

2 Ah my Goddess!- AHH one of my favorites. A boy named Keiichi morisato is going off to college. One day he gets VERY hungry and tries to call for pizza. BUt accidently calls a Goddess help line. This beautiful goddess named Belldandy pops out of nowhere and asks what Keiichi wants. And he says, her. So going with the deal, she is his *slave* kind of. Not anything gross. Belldandy also has two sisters, Skald and Urd. Skald is so COOL! She has this super hammer which extends its length to wack things, she hates Keiichi. Belldandy is the middle child and is very dedicated to Keiichi. Urd is the oldest and is trying to get Keiichi to have sex w/ belldandy (lol), i dont think that ever happens thou.

1 Rurouni Kenshin- my favorite! This is in japan during the Meiji Era! Kenshin used to be the Hitokirii battousai a cold-blooded killer under the government. He later meets up with this young woman, Kaoru and helps her at the temple. After he picks up a boy name Yahiko who attempted to steal his wallet. Then he meets a guy named Sanosuke, who has this HUGE sword. But Kenshin ends up whooping his ass with by using speed to outmaneuver the super huge sword. Then Sano stops using the sword and uses his fists instead. Kenshin's got an arsenal of special moves but his rival Saitoh Hajime stills beats him up bad sometimes. Kenshin has red hair and a scar on his face, most of the time he wears pink, LOL . He has a sakabatou sword which is a katana with a reversed blade so he doesn't kill his enemies. He meets some pretty deadly enemies. Like Soujiro this VERY VERY young boy i dunno like 12. He is SUPER fast and he was trained by this mummy guy who used to be hitokirii battousai. But was shot and burnt and proclaimed dead. This mummy, can't recall his name is super tough. Kenshin has MANY adventures. About 20 episodes deal with the mummy guy, can't remember his name damnit. Well this is my favorite ANIME OF ALL TIME!

2. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I think you may be toying with death by re-opening some topics that had been closed but i'll let the moderaters decide on what to do...

Anyway, I love Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z and the Dragon Ball series after...I think its called GTA but i may be wrong as i havn't been reading the comics or collecting the cards for an age.

Anyway, my favourite character is Vegita!

3. Athalon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I just want to say how much I love Sorcerers Place :) Despite the screwballs. Like well.. i wont give names but starts with an Extremist. j/j. Well I like Sorcerers Place and I want to LEVEL UP!

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I would suggest you read the Boards O'Magick FAQ. The quickest way to LOSE levels is to spam just to gain levels.

5. fuoco Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

yeah athlon, just be good and "lawful", peeps reading the boards would like you more :D

and regarding anime, i think it's really good, better than most western cartoons execpt simpsons and southpark; but then again, they're of different genres so it's like comparing apples and oranges.

I really liked the O my goddess series although i must point out that the manga(the printed format) is IMHO somewhat better than anime. (as extremist bluntly splurted out a few moments ago :) ) I suppose it's a purist kinda thing. You gotta read the series translated or alternatively pick up Jap to read the original to get a more untinted feel of the manga. Since you're an anime enthusiest, i think you'd like it.

6. shadow_thief Guest

Fuoco, you don't have to be good and lawful, just respect the laws that the moderaters love to remind.

[We actually hate to have to keep reminding people of the rules, but obviously it's necessary. - BTA]

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited August 08, 2001).]

7. Eurythmic King of Nowhere Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I love anime. My favorite is Dragon Ball Z. Well it seems everyone likes dragon ball z :p. Like all those anime that Athlon listed seem like decent anime cartoons.

8. Sol'Kanar Guest

I'm not so sure about that Dragon Ball stuff. I haven't really watched much of it, but the stuff my older brother was watching was pretty....odd....
    I personally find Tenchi Muyo endlessly amusing. I'm not sure why either. I've been trying to get into the other stuff, but I've been rather busy.

9. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Err..Athalon, thats a big no no like BTA said!
    Read the Faq and btw the more you post the higher your levels are!
    :D
    PS Don't over do it though!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.