1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The bounce of the basketball

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by TheBlackRose, Jun 10, 2002.

1. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Hehehehe... :shake:

By the way Shralp, even though the country is the "Philippines", the people are called "Filipinos".

... and puh-leeeaze don't ask why, its been a source of debate in our classrooms as early as the 5th grade.

Regarding the timezone thing, I found this useful site.

Time Zone Converter

As you can see, we're ahead by a number of hours. :)

[This message has been edited by eveningdrive (edited June 13, 2002).]

2. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Damn Lakers. Three-peat. :sick:

Kenyon Martin is an All-Star next year though, and hopefully they can trade Van Horn. Finals next year? Probably not, but playoffs. The Nets definitely have a solid core.

Anybody else love Walton's commentary. Throw it down, big man!! On that note, the two greatest dunks of that game were both in the 1st half - Shaq's facial and R-Jeff's takeoff from inside the foul line..

3. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Oh, criminy, no.

Walton's commentary is one of the most obnoxious things in sports. I'd rather listen to know-nothing female announcers than his obnoxiousness compounded by his exaggerated idea of his career. Yeesh. If two games are on at the same time and Walton is announcing one, you can bet I'm watching the other one.

At least now they've got the rascally old fellow who will call him on his BS.

As for the three-peat, ah well. The real series was with Sacramento. It's good to see the Nets and, especially, the Celtics doing well again. But the talent is in the West.

4. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

Why do I get the idea that thngs might get out of hand?:shake: Hopefully they won't.

Sorry for being :yot:, continue.

5. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Shralp,
    I'm with you. Would somebody shut Walton up? He's like the Dan Dierdorf (former Monday Night Football announcer) of the NBA. I liked him as a player, but not as an announcer.

6. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

LOL Each time he says "Throw i down big man throw it down" I shudder with dread :mommy:

7. Cullain Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

My great hope is that when ABC/ESPN takes over the NBA next year, that will be the end of Bill Walton's career as a nationally televised announcer.

I like him, I think he's a fascinating person, but that in no way qualifies him to do color analysis.

Cullain

8. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31

Hehehe... I've heard Walton a number of times, but here in the RP, we rely mainly on ESPN. So I guess I'm not sick of him compared to you guys stateside. :shake:

Now I'm looking forward to the draft. I wonder if Houston will use it to pick or to trade for a quality big man.

9. Cullain Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

There's no real quality big guys to be had, even for the number one pick. So it looks like Houston will take Yao Ming, the Chicago will take Jay Williams, and then...well, after that things start to get interesting.

Cullain

10. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31

NBA draft.

Of course Houston took Yao, but the more interesting of their picks was their #15 one, for Nachbar. He's definitely got some game. Rockets playoffs in a year or two, if migraine headaches stop plaguing Steve Francis.

Clippers picked two power forwards - trade bait, or is a deal concerning Brand in play?

Caron Butler slips to #10 and Miami - I smell Paul Pierce. Of course that and the Knicks changing the guard may mean trouble for my hometown team, the Sixers (who did nothing, by the way.)

Biggest gambles - Fred Jones at 14, Juan Dixon at 17.

11. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31

[​IMG] I actually missed the draft Black Rose. Thanks for the input. :)

12. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] My BOYS the Knicks just got Antonio McDyess...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.