1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Metal Central

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Inappropriate Synonym, Nov 3, 2001.

1. Inappropriate Synonym Banned

just reading the punk place full of punk people i figured i should start a forum for all the maggots and metal-heads in this place.

i'd like to start with maybe the most main-stream nu-metal out currently slipknot. i know there are slipknot people in here so come out and post and argue with my personal opion that slipknots new album was a piece a of shit. they lost the ability to have every instrument playin a different chord at the same time as well as the style of music throuought the entire album hardly ever changed. it came pretty close to falling into a close opion similar to mine of system of a down. it was the same idea and same thing throghout the entire album. the only song i liked was people=shit.

on another note, my new favorite badn is chimaira. which made a currently much better album then slipknots new one iowa. any comments or arguements or agreements, post them here

2. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Ugh, new stuff. I don't see the point, when there's Entombed. They obviously do a better job.

How is it, posting with that sign, by the way? :p

3. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] ohh entombed rock! and most new stuff doesn't cut it. at the moment with the exception of Spineshank

4. Inappropriate Synonym Banned

actually im just posting the new bands simply because im more familiar with it (im only 14 i never lived much in the 80s) however i do reconize some of the older stuff like black sabbath and deep purple and ac/dc and twisted sister. give me some suggestions and ill look into it.

about the sign i love it its the greatest avatar around i think beats the heck out of that stupid eyeball and the only comment in your name was your level id actally have this for a custom avatar as something like this. its the type of attention and reputation i try and maintain

5. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

well, suggestion: Entombed. Hardly 80's stuff either, some of the greatest stuff is from the 90's, it's just that they're not mainstream like slipknot, so you don't hear them everywhere on radio and stuff. If you like slipknot you might like Slayer too. Too heavy for me, but, yeah... Slipknot is too, sort of. I like variation, not just full attack all the time.. you just get numb, it stops impressing you. It's a whole different thing when the Smashing Pumpkins let lose with XYZ on twilight to starlight (second mellon collie and the infinite sadness cd).. after playing a soft tune, stumbleine? I don't remember. Anyway, it's a great heavy heavy tune... should be good to remind you that the Pumpkins did other stuff than just "Tonight" too.

6. Inappropriate Synonym Banned

i listen to slayer one of the top bands on my list, along others there are biohazard, pantera, rammstein ozzy osborne and sabbath, slaves on dope, soulfly, ill nino, shuvel, sepultura, ultraspank, and spread which arent mainstream and are great bands to listen to for anybody looking for some real hard real all out music, away from the mainstream.

i do enjoy the hard w/ meloday out there by all means metallica's S&M is my favorite album of all time.

7. Well, in my opinion, Slipknot sucks. They're Korn rip-offs.

Life is peachy. Korn rules...

8. mark the beneficial shah Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Viginia Jones come back to us!!!!

Now they were hard core!!!!

9. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Pantera, white zombie, iron maiden, motley crue, judas priest, metallica (of course), ministry, shesh i could go on and on, there are hundreds of good bands. But ministry and pantera are definately must listen.

10. herf Guest

RythmicBarbarian- KoRn rip-offs? pull the other one, you obviously know fuck all, take the hint from IP's avatar and shut the hell up. SlipKnoT have been around since 1991, they have been pumping out tunes since then, KoRn? sure i like them, just dont get me started.

For all those people who think SlipKnoT constantly pour out mind numbing tunes... they dont. For every heavy SlipKnoT song you can name me I can name on of equal meaning and intensity only slower. Thats what i hate, people see slipknot and they think they are just pure nu-metal.
    They arent nu-metal, they were out well before nu-metal even hit the scene, the KnoT are kickass metal, good metal, fuck-you metal, not nu-metal.
    SlipKnoT's songs are all meaningful, they all have a reason for their being, if you cant take them time to read the lyrics, listen to the music then you have no right to talk about them.

IP- the whole album is the same? Exactly, its what every true maggot wanted and got.
    The whole recuring theme throughout the album is there, if you cant see it then look harder.
    you like people = shit? i'm just glad you didnt say you liked heretic and left behind the most, too many half-cast bastards like SlipKnoT, streamline the (SiC)ness, half assed agression.
    Just so you know, my favourite song is Skin Ticket off the album.

11. Arkados Blackmire Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Kitiara, you named all my favs!! No fair!!
    The nu metal shit is okay i guess, musically, but i live in the 70s, 80s and a bit of the 90s. Judas Priest and Iron Maiden are my favs. And many bands in the NWOBHM period. Like Sanctuary, man they ruled.

12. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I like System of a Down ... Papa Roach, Linkin park ... Iron Maiden, AC/DC ... like any of them?

13. Elendil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] No!! The nu-metal shit is not okay! It is a low excuse for music which is used by bands with petty playing skills and
    so-called "singers" who can only shout or rap. Not sing. Not even sing badly like James Hetfield. If this topic is called METAL Central, then the NU-metal, cross-over wankers like Limp Bizkit, Linking Park, Korn, whatever really don't belong here, because that is not metal.
    Now, when it comes to fav metal bands Kit mostly has the list. My absolute metal favourite is Maiden. I don't think that anyone has mentioned Megadeth, Helloween or Blind Guardian yet...Dream Theather too, maybe even Queen because of Brian May's solos...

14. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

couldn't have said it better Elendil

;)

15. Inappropriate Synonym Banned

the term metal is pretty open in my topic however people who take to thinking bizkit and linking parc and papa roach, and korn, as metal bands shouldnt be here, as i find that they are considered a different genre completely: bizkit = made up badn completely controled by the producer/shit, kinkning park is a rock band, papa roach and stuff like rage and korn are the last of the rap/rock thing. when i talk about metal i talk about the loud the heavy the raw and the screaming death/ acid style music which normally consists of screaming and yelling. hate me for it but its what i love the screaming and anger and feeling in the music. it doesnt of course mean i hate metallica or sabbath with the more melodic music, i still hold them with utmost respect (s&m being one of the top albums i found ever to be released). but the stuff i love is the chimaira style music (i seriously recomend checking out that band, it fits perfectly with my so said description of my style music)

16. Will Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Metal, eh? Hmmmm; "Arise" era Sepultura were pretty nice. Entombed kick out some mighty fine riffs. System of a Down stick out like a diamond in ox-poo when compared to much of the nu-metal dross that one hears these days. Metallica, of course, were great. 80's metal never fails to amuse; youve got to love those twin lead guitar harmonies, howling falsetto vocals and ridiculous, masturbatory guitar solos. All in all, its good clean fun to be had by all.

17. sorvo Guest

SLAYER,MOTORHEAD,and OVERKILL on 10/31/88 has made me a die hard thrasher for life!:flaming:

18. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Some of my favorits bands:

Rhapsody (all the way)
    Blind Guardian
    Dream Theater
    Sonata Arctica
    Hammerfall

AH Black Metal Sucks... music is all the same and the lyrics are making me sick.

[This message has been edited by Headbanger (edited November 05, 2001).]

19. Igneous Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Black Metal all the same? I advice you to lay back and listen to some Black metal again and you will change your opinion. (If not, you should check if your CD is not repeating the same song over and over, because there's a big scratch opver it ;) )

The ones I listen the most at the moment are: Dimmu Borgir, Rammstein, SlipknoT, Metallica and Slayer.

There are a lot of Metalheads here btw, never thought that D&D and Metal were apparently so closely "related" :bigeyes:

20. Turambar Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Yeah Dimmu Borgir are cool, I've actually partied with them a couple of times.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.