1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Music

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sapiryl, Sep 7, 2000.

1. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Queen, Eric Clapton, Enigma and Supertramp. That's the best overall artists/groups.

2. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Some of the newer groups like Vertical Horizon, Creed, and 3eb are fairly good.

3. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Hey, guys, sorry I've taken so long with replying (College and all, wot?)

My favorite Fantasy song is "Witch of the Westmorland" by Stan Rogers. I must say, it's almost my favorite song. Stan Rogers performed in the 1970's, for those of you who either haven't heard of him, or will go looking for him.

*NEWSFLASH* Did you know that there is a real band called Trout Fishing In America?

4. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Favourite bands and stuff? Oooh, lots. I suppose my favourites that don't really change are Iron Maiden (spot the British mosher!), Therapy?, the Kinks, The Pogues and the Wu Tang Clan.
    I've got a really wide range of music I like from metal, rap, pop and all the stuff in between.
    It's not the stuff everyone likes, but I suppose it's the legacy of a misspent youth.

5. hooligan_inc Guest

Cypress Hill, Run DMC, Wu Tang, 2Pac (when alive), Dr Dre... Ocean Colour Scene The 'Phonics, The Manics, York...

6. Wingfoot Guest

[​IMG] James Cotton, oh yeah, especially that tune Lovelight..... Turn on yo Light, let it Shine on me, just a little bit higher........

7. I just saw Tristeza live. These guys are awesome!
    How to describe it? ....they're more mellow, not very heavy. Kind of like Pink Floyd (although their sound doesn't really resemble Floyds, I'm just refering to the heaviness level). Just brilliant rythmic instrumental stuff (there's no singer). Kind of psychadelic sounding.

I haven't been listening to them long, but I really really like this band.
    http://www.insound.com]www.insound.com (you can download one of their songs here)
    http://www.tigerstylerecords.com/tristeza.html

[This message has been edited by Lord Balduran (edited October 27, 2000).]

8. Reya Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I'm a typical student, I like green day, nirvana, offspring -got tickets for January, London :) bare naked ladies, semisonic, blink 182, lots mentioned above, the pixies (everyone loves monkey gone to heaven) stereophonics (great welsh band) U2, one of my favourite songs is 'with or without you' and many others...
    oh, and how I could I forget?...Weird Al!

[This message has been edited by Reya (edited November 08, 2000).]

9. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Weird Al rocks!

You know, I just went to one of his Touring with Scissors concerts!

Some stuff he made for the concerts: My Heart Will Go On - Your Heartburn Will Go On And On (where he was a pizza delivery guy). Addicted To Love - Addicted To Spuds (the potato song). Keep 'em Separated - Keep 'em Separated (singing about washing clothes i.e. whites and colors).

Great Stuff.

10. Reya Gems: 2/31

wow, so jealous.
    I like Smells like Nirvana and the Star Wars saga song to the tune of American Pie

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    How about Amish Paradise (parody on Gangster's Paradise)... I nearly fell off my chair the first time I heard that one. :D

12. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Have you seen the music video to Amish Paradise? Excellent video. At one point, an entire scene is played in reverse. For this part, Al had to memorize his lines...backwards.

13. herf Guest

[​IMG] as i walk through the valley where i harvest my grain, i take a look at my wife and realise shes very plain...etc
    i like the "pretty fly for a rabi" better
    the song should be
    and all the girls say i'm pretty fly for a white guy
    but what it really says is
    and all the girls say i'm pretty fly for a rabi
    what abouts christina aguileras version of the real slim shady, brilliant excellent funky cool. will the real slim shady please shut up, please shut up, etc...
    these ae my favourites-
    nirvana, sweet
    iron maiden, heavy
    coolio, deep
    zombie nation, oootoooot oootooooot
    red square, funky
    weird al yankovitch, brilliant
    eminem, just a boy dealing with puberty
    led zeppelin
    red hot chilli peppers
    barenaked ladies
    metallica

14. DarkHunterz Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Punk and Ska and Metal and Rock are my favs.
    IronMaiden
    Iced Earth
    Metallica
    MXPX
    NOFX
    Staind
    Ill stop here
    there is to many bands that i like i can't list or think of them right now
    anyone esle like what i like?

EDited part
    To Lord Balduran don't hate Metallica.
    and to slove your napster problem i know how to. you don't even need napser anymore.
    go to Kazaa.com download their Program, its the best! you can get movies software mp3s images everthing. check it out!!

[This message has been edited by DarkHunterz (edited July 14, 2001).]

15. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Hmm...music, eh?

Stuff I listen to now:
    Staind
    Eve 6
    Fuel
    3 Doors Down
    Splender
    Lifehouse
    Tantric

That's not all, but probably gives a pretty good idea of my tastes.

16. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Offspring
    Bad Religion
    Disturbed
    Linkin Park
    Tool
    KMFDM
    Nirvana

17. John Crichton Gems: 2/31

nooo! Sory guys i had i nice list of bands.
    but when i hit backspace to correct a mistake
    it went back to the last page, so i lost it.

ill just edit this post. when i type it over.

(just to tell you)

THIS SITE RULES!

18. Drunken Monk Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

It's only natural, actual facts are thrown at you
    The impact'll blow trees back and crack statues
    Million dollar rap crews fold, check the sick shit
    explicit, I crystalize the rhyme so you can sniff it
    We live this, fitted hats low conceal the Crooked I
    No surprise, verbal stick up -- put em high
    Rebel I, outlaw, split second on the draw
    Blow the door off this shit, like bricks you see fall...
    oh yes Wu-Tang Clan are my favourite band. With 10 MCs with different fly styles, for me, they're the best.
    As you may have noticed I like Hip-Hop (NOT RAP) music, and a pinch of everything else accept for jingles..I mean pop and Heavy Metal.

19. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

heh, this thread was made before I even registered, where do people find these to ressurect?

Punk
    Ska
    Metal

I could probably name about 150 bands off the top of my head i listen to, but i wont.

20. Zaragoth Guest

[​IMG] I´ll make a list.
    ------------------------
    1. Blind Guardian. I have all their albums.
    2.Stratovarius
    3.Ayreon
    4.GammaRay
    5.Rainbow
    6.Deep Purple
    7.Rage
    8.Therion
    9.Amorphis
    10.Rhapsody
    11.DIO
    12.Iron Maiden
    13.Metallica
    14.Dream Theater
    15.Symphony X
    16.Lost Horison
    17.Sonata Arctica
    18.Helloween
    19.Cradle of Filth
    20.Emperor
    21.Primal Fear
    22.Liquid Tension Experiments
    ------------------------
    Bah! Why am I bothering?? I love all metal!!!
    BTW! These bands are not put in order. (I could make this list long as hell!)
    Although number 1. and 2. are correct. I love Blind Guardian and Stratovarius.
    That´s all folks! :cool:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.