1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anger... what to do with it?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by DragonRider SkyWard, May 8, 2002.

1. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I need sugections! I have a whole lot of anger and I have no idea of how to get rid of it!:flaming: I feel like I'm about to pop sometimes. I dont want to pop in the worng place. Any ideas would be helpful.

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Only thing I can say is what I do. I surpress all my anger, havent been "angry" in several years. Dunno how good it works though. Like Homer says "just swallow all that emotion and it disapears". Pretty contradictory to general doctrine and I dont think it works, but its the easiest solution.

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Take it out on a swingball, or nextdoor neigbours cat

Parents, friends, cars, walls, toys, little brothers/sisters a whole variety of things

Try dancing, works for a friend, if somewhat odd

4. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Go see Star Wars Episode II, take special note of Anakin and his actions. That is an example of how not to handle your anger. ;) Do the opposite.

5. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

:lol: Big B. I'll do that.

Surpressen is bad! Very bad! I do that now and it's not good. It's a bad habit that I need to break thats manly why I'm asking. Surpressen of anger has boiled up in me and needs to be relised before I do any damage.

One more thing. I like my neighbors:) They pay me money.

6. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I lift weights. It helps me immensely. Since my brother was murdered, it has been my medicine.
    Hitting the heavy bag is good, too.

Whatever you do, don't hold it in. You will not be able to contorl it when it comes out.

7. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Take all your anger, bottle it up way deep inside, and release it at an appropriate time. Like that time I hit the referee. - Homer Simpson

8. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Do not suppress your angry feelings. I know bad this is from personal experience. It will only make you release them at the wrong times. I tried holding my feelings down, and attacked my older brother, seriously injuring his wrist. If I hadn't have gotten control over myself...it could have been worse. He said some minor comment but since I already had so much feeling bottled up, it sparked a terrible reaction inside of me.

What can help you is to express your anger verbally, but if that doesn't work (such in the case of a bully), try physically attacking him/her. Unless the consequences are dire, a physical assault will net you 2 things:
    1. No goddamn bully will ever mess with you again.
    2. You will be held in higher esteem by others who have shared your anger.

Lifting weights will help you get through this...and will make you stronger, too. Actually, don't lift unless you have nearly completed your growth.

How old and tall are you?

9. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

[​IMG] DragonRider, what happens when I suppress anger is that sooner or later there's too much of it and I blow up, often on some random and unsuspecting victim who didn't really deserve it.

So what I recommend is: Don't lock it up, it gets compressed and explodes. Let it out. Weight lifting has never worked for me...ehh, I'm 14 and female ;) But go punch a punching bag...scream at the cat or dog or something...throw your pillow around the room or go kick rocks around the garden. Anything that will externalize what you're thinking.

Also, try not to act in anger (even if you're right and want retribution), because usually when you're furious you can't argue and are more likely to lose an argument and get yourself in some sort of uncomfortable or troublesome situation. IF you can do that. I've never been able to.... :p

10. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    "Vengeance is a dish best served cold" This isnt really vengeance but if its special people that make you angry you will see that you will accomplish alot more if you can keep your cool in an argument or fight. Hitting on dead things has never worked for me. If I am angry I am so for a reason, beating up a dead object doesnt really do anything. Try to channel it in constructive ways. I have my self big problems with bottled up rage but I have managed to control, dont know for how long though :evil:

11. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

Joacqin
    "Hitting on dead things". Did I miss something?

12. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

Go out and chop some wood. It's even useful, you can start up a nice fire at sit cozily at the fireplace with your significant other afterwards.

13. Three words. Punch The Door.

It may result in a whole load of holes, but, boy, does it make you feel better.

"If my knuckles weren't bleeding, I could do this all day." :)

14. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

"Punch the door"

Dad, is that you?

15. the god Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] what's anger got to do, got to do with it?

;) sorry, couldn't resist that topic title!

16. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Luckily I always find a moron who pisses me off, becoming target of my caustic replies and helping me to manage my anger ... don't think too bad of me: the people I mean deserve nothing less since they want my attention, and usually they are the source of my anger:
    • promoters pimping their stuff, mobiles especially - and the sub-species that jumps in your way or even grabs your arm :flaming:,
    • moronic children on the bus, spitting on the floor, :flaming:
    • the idiotic employees in the Saturn electronics store, replying on a request to buy 128 MB RAM "120 €" without asking what kind of comp the customer has and what kind of RAM he needs ... when it doesn't work the better - maybe he comes again to buy a new comp ... :flaming:
    • false animal rights (no joke :almostmad: ) supporters who turn out to be hired to pimp signature lists without knowing what the stuff is about "I was just hired for this job, I don't know what this is all about. I'm a professional activist!", :rolleyes:
    • I could write on infinitely ...

:D Everyday life gives you plenty of opportunities to meet people who deserve correction and you wrath is your blessed tool for the job! :D

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited May 11, 2002).]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2017
  17. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Take it out on a punching bag, or lift weights, the best way to release anger.

18. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Cease the existence of the source.

19. Llandon Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Let it OUT!

One thing that I like to do when I'm pissed is to go and shoot my .45 at the pistol range. It's rare that I go now, but it always releives a lot if stress. Plus I (use to) get a kick walking in there with a pony-tail and a Grateful Dead T-Shirt. It use to really trip the red necks out, espicially when it turned out that I was a better shot.

20. Arkados Blackmire Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I play some mean riffs off angry heavy metal songs I like on my guitar and sing and scream my head off. Does wonders.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.