1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Female or Male - Who's the better gamer?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Dice, Oct 18, 2003.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Who are better gamers women or men? I'm not talking about quantity here. (Everyone knows that there are more male gamers then females.)Consider role-playing, tactics, courtesy, etc...not just smashing the heck out of each other.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 37 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Female or Male - Who's the better gamer? (37 votes.)

Female or Male - Who's the better gamer? (Choose 1)
    * both are equal - 62% (23)
    * male - 24% (9)
    * female - 14% (5)

2. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I guess they're both evenly matched. :confused:

Although when it comes to RPGs, they make different roleplaying choices. But then again, everyone makes different RPing choices so maybe that statement isn't so valid.

I've not met the female gamer that is my equal in reflexes, hand-eye coordination or accuracy, though. :p However, I look forward to doing so. :cool: :D

Although I have been outwitted before when I was overconfident and careless... :o

And no, I don't play DDR or any of those lame-dancing sims in gaming arcades. It's gun-games and fighting games all the way for me in arcades.

3. Dice

Media:
    My hubby was the one that suggested that I post this poll because he thought it might have some interesting results. I agree with Shura, I think both are evenly matched but they tend to make different choices in gaming characters.

4. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I'd say men because the gore from RPG's might give them the vapors or something.

5. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The few women I have played with are not very good at powergaming, tending to put all their efforts into roleplaying. I on the other hand like to use the rules to their full extent and get the best character possible from the concept I have without resorting to munchkinism while at the same time putting an equal amount of effort into roleplaying. This has ended up with me being quite annoying to my gaming partner, atleast in CRPG's when I complain about her character's choices in battles and the like, this of course makes the person I am playing with quite upset with me so I guess it evens out.

6. Dice

Media:
    LOL What the heck are Vapors and why haven't I ever gotten any? :shake:

[ October 19, 2003, 04:29: Message edited by: Dragonfly ]

7. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

It wouldn't kill you to actually let me attack people once in a while, would it?

8. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I would say that the "vimmins" are better gamers. I've heard chicks have better hand-eye than guys. I guess that's cuz we're always looking at something while doing something else with our hand. :p

I've never met a girl gamer though, so from expierience, guys are better.

9. Cross Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

My experience is that it isn't a matter of which gender you are, it's the person you are. Men and women have exactly the same potential to be a good gamer or a bad one; it has nothing to do with your "plumbing".

10. BossBandor Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

As i have never ever ever, seen a girl play an rpg or shoot 'em up or anything up to date I'd have to say I AM the dominant gamer!

11. Valkyrie Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Women are equal to guys!
    I am a good gamer, and on my better days can beat my brother in Perfect Dark (james bond-like game). However, there are marked differences in each groups strategies and tactics.... sometimes they work and sometimes they don't

12. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

It depends on the person, there are more male gamers, so it is more likey there will be more males gamers that are better than the norm.

13. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

14. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] hmm... well:

Frosty and I are girls, and Samot is a boy,

hmm...

Samot is good at making powerful characters but doesn't roleplay, Frosty and I roleplay, I'm not sure how powerful Frostys' characters are though, hmm, mine range from being quite powerful to being quite pathetic :p

I suppose they're even.

'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, along with a sharp sword and a couple of arrows'

Suppose the same with roleplay :thumb:

15. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Is there a difference? I've never noticed. I do think that there's a different game choice though. When I see a broad playing computer, its usually something like The Sims or Civ, not RPGs or 1st person shooters. Altogether though, no difference. One and the same. The only difference is in skill level between people, not sexes.

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Experience tells me male, logic tells me equal.

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    My brother tells me that there are some deadly females on battlenet.

But then you never know. Maybe they're just pervs with female nicks?

A head to head session of Age of Empires 2 is one of the best dates I can possibly imagine :D Perhaps even better than chess, but I'm not sure.

Ah, and there was that girl who played chess so well. A very aggressive player, even neglecting defences, but an able one. Was always getting me in trouble, but always taking dangerous risk or making dangerous mistakes I could use to my advantage. Males generally don't play nearly as ably, but they don't make the mistakes (as much).

18. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] or people with male nicks.

mines not exactly male, but people still think it.

19. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Ooh! Ooh! I know this one, it's guys!

*insert good reason here*.

I rest my case.

20. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Heh, the best Warcraft player I know is a chick :p

Chev, you do know that I sometimes think you are stranger than I am?

Me, I tend to think of as us females being superior to males in anything, including gaming :p But the fact is that we're more or less equal when it comes to the "technical" stuff, as well as in choices of RP... or words to that effect anyway.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.