1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Free Charity - Please Take Some Time to Read

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Vicsun, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I have found several "free charity" sites. For those of you who don't know what this is - it works like clicking on banners. Every click donates a certain amount of money to the people running the site. Clicking every day, really does make a difference.
    Cruelty to Children Must Stop
    The Hunger Site
    Rain Forest

Thank you for your time.

P.S.,Post every time you "donate", so the thread stays on the first page, please.
    This is probably too much to ask, but maybe a mod can make it sticky.

Thank you again.

2. I've done my duty, thanks for pointing these out. :)

3. Stereophobia Guest

ok ive done my good deed for the day too!

4. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Indeed charity is good, But unless you get this authorized by Tal it is against his rules to bounce threads to keep them active.

Edit; Note the first link only works if you live in European Union.

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited March 14, 2002).]

5. Stereophobia Guest

well if its not made sticky i think it would be nice to "discuss" things on this thread, but on the other hand i assume the moderators and admins have a heart and will make it sticky anyway, after all what harm can it do?

6. Vicsun Gems: 9/31

hmm... OK lets discuss.
    How do those free charities work exactly? Who is paying for my mouse click? For the first one it's stated that it's microsoft. What about the rest? And if microsoft really pays, why does it pay per mouse click and not just donate a couple of milion?

Happy discussing :).

7. ArchAngel Guest

Ever heard about PR? And actually reach the public...

You are happy you just helped the world
    Microsoft is happy for a mere sum of pennies they got noticed
    The suffering are happy they got food

Cost effective humanity my friend ;) Humanity nevertheless.

8. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] those sites are great. i remember hearing about them a while ago, but then completely forgot about them. thanks viscun, i have now added them to my favourites.

9. Vicsun Gems: 9/31

@the god

I have never met even one person who hasn't spelt my viscun the first time :D. I don't get it. Is Viscun easyer to write than Vicsun in any way? Some one explain please :).

10. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Hmmm...:

Your vote of 4 dollarcent was considered but not enough to raise your reputation.

Ah well, maybe I just played too much BG... at least my Neutral Good alignment is happy again.... :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.