1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Super Power?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Voltric, Aug 14, 2001.

1. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Firstly, I would have total resistance against Mental assualts, rendering you lot of mind control freaks impotent.

Agelessness and unlimited regeneration would be nice.

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Stop the time isn't funny.... What do you want to do with it? WHe nyou stop the time everybody will stop with being.... so your alone on the world... no-one to talk to, jo-one to chat with, no-one who replies on Sorcerers Place Boards..... not very useful....

3. Brega Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Although you can use that time to explore the unexplored, if you catch my drift.... :eek:

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Hmm, difficult choice .... I think that ultrafast learning (for example by just listening to lectures - no need to re-read the stuff extensively, more time for funny things like parties), the ability to speak about 30 languages of my choice perfectly, fast regeneration and immunity to mind attacks would be cool.

5. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

its not that we only use 10% of our brain, its that we only use 10% of our brain's potential. All of the brain is in use, just not at peak efficiency.

6. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Thank you Shadow Assasin. I quess that this is what I am trying to say. So if we use the brain to its full capcity/efficency I am not shure I want to think about how much we could remenber.

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    *sigh* This is a myth. Point me to a shred of scientific evidence that demonstrates this nonsense to be true so that I may be persuaded. :)

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Looks like no one here went to that page I linked to in my last post on Page 1 of this topic... Do that before you start any more "wise" comments about brain usage.

9. Arkados Blackmire Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

the ability to do anything

10. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

BTA ---> It's a myth, yes. "Myths which are believed in tend to become true..." (from the link )

Tal ---> I disagree, I think we have the possibility to use 10% of our brains. But there are always people who don't use their brains at all. ;)

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    ROTFL!
    "Myths which are believed in tend to become true..."

I'd disagree with that! :) But I do like this interpretation taken from another page:

"psycho-fact, [a] belief that, though not supported by hard evidence, is taken as real because its constant repetition changes the way we experience life."

12. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

[​IMG] A.) Power to understand why Canadians can't pronounce the word "about"
    B.) Power to make Britney Spears choke on her bubble gum during a concert
    C.) Conjure mother-in-law-eating hydra (yours, not the hydra's)
    D.) Cantrip: "Charm Catherine Zeta Jones"
    E.) Power to convince boss I'm really working when I'm posting on sorcerers.net
    F.) Cantrip: "Remove French accent"

Etc.

Although I'd probably go with the power to communicate directly, instantly, and audibly with God.

13. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31

Bah, you people need to think bigger.

I'd take omnipotence. :D

14. FSFunky Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Why, X-Ray Vision or Invisibility.

Or maybe that's just my hormones speaking :p.

But seriously though (It is that possible with this kind of question?) I would settle on something like Invulneribility(sp?).

Although. X-Ray Vision Or Invisibility also seem nice.

,FSFunky

15. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG]
    Well, there is this thing called sleep, and normal sleep last minimum 8 hours I think. Now that's a lot of time, where I don't do any of the things you mention anyway

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited August 24, 2001).]

16. NoYur_Role Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I would take super-speed like in dragonball z. No one would be able to hit you, a you would be able to do so many things without anyone noticing. Rob banks, be the most played professional player in anything, almost anything your heart's desire.

17. H Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Why do you people like the things so complicated...

I would go with: "Knowledge"

:D

18. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31

the ability to make extremist remember alfa :D

[edit] :mad:

[This message has been edited by kevlar0101 (edited August 30, 2001).]

19. Vile Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Boy did I come to this topic late... I would have said selective control of time if I were here earlier. I've always had a huge fascination with it. Even still after everyone else has agreed with it, I guess I'll jump on the band wagon.

Some powers like Omnipotence are a wee bit too powerful... not that I'm saying mind control or time flow isn't...

20. AvaLance204 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I would take Omniscience (know everything). That way, I'd know how to obtain Omnipotence and immortality and wouldn't need to read peoples' minds! ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.