1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Super Power?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Voltric, Aug 14, 2001.

1. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

BIG B, that's a good one... when you can turn back time (and your age will also turned back) you can't die cause of illness or just because you're old)

[This message has been edited by Headbanger (edited August 15, 2001).]

2. Finger of death.... :D :D :D

3. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Well turning back time wouldn't make you live forever, unless you like reliving the same time period over and over again, just making different choices. It's essentially a save game/load game function, except you don't need to save.

4. shadow_thief Guest

Being a *real* goddess...MWHAHAHAHA

5. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Being able to absorb everyone else's abilities and use them with 10x the power:p

Controlling time is also good. Don't like a certain someone, make that person age until he's a pile of dust :)

6. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

on second thought, I think I'm always in need of time, so time stop or teleportation would be nice

7. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Ability to turn Ethereal, locked door no prob.

8. shadow_thief Guest

Shadow, I thought you said you were already Ethereal in the chatroom...

9. Sol'Kanar Guest

Mind control would take all the fun out of it! I think mind reading would be the most useful power. To know what someone is thinking just by looking at them. That would be useful, though perhaps disturbing at times.

10. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I would rather have the power of making money... For time is money. I could make others happy and I didn't have to work anymore so I had enough free time.

And a second home in the Caribean.

11. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The ability to see through girls clothes. :D
    The most useful would be flying. (I always wanted to do that :)).

12. shadow_thief Guest

Tasohan, you are a nasty guy, very nasty...oh yeah, Tyresian, about have powers 10x greater than everyone else's, you want to be a god'dess'?!

13. Brega Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] I think the ability to regenerate quick also would be great, or the ability to heal sick people.

14. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Yep thats me in a nutshell (especially after a couple of beers)

[This message has been edited by Tasohan (edited August 15, 2001).]

15. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hey I never thought about being able to stop time that would be sweet too.Or wait a second I just thought that would top all the things I said "transformation".Then if I wanted one of those power I could just turn in two someone who had it.

16. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Tal... I hate to tell you this but then why is it that when people hav half their brains removed the brain can manage to teach itself and the person can manage to regain almost compleat controll and mental abilaty.

17. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

This one's easy:

I would take ability to destroy all of your special powers - permanently and without resisance or possible saving throw :p :p :p

18. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    kemanmaldea - Who lost half their brain and was able to be nearly the same as before? I'd like to see some proof of that.

Regardless, the fact that this person LOST many abilities and had to RELEARN them (and could not relearn everything) goes to show that much of that half of the brain that was lost was in fact being used.

19. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

BTA: one of the major ways this happens is if the person goes through massive seizures and what they do is they remove the half of the brain that causes them (oppiset the side the occure on)And most of the people that under go the procedure and survives regain the mojority of their abilities back.
    Yes the fact that they had to relearn means that that portion of the brain was in use but it also means that not all of the brain was in use in use or they wouldent have been able to learn anything. The information is just spread out all around the brain.
    [Edit: fixed spelling]

[This message has been edited by kemanmaldea (edited August 16, 2001).]

20. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oh! I think I know what you're talking about! They don't remove half of their brain; they separate the communication link between the two hemispheres (the corpus callosum I think it's called). This is a way of controlling epileptic seizures.

Now about learning. The structure of the brain changes (connections between brain cells change) as you learn. This does not mean that part of your brain that was not in use is "filled up" with the new information like some kind of information tank.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.