1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

More silly proofs

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blog, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Chris Williams Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

2. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

But Blog, you're using only Newtonian Physics, and not taking into account the proposed time-dialation and curved space in super-light-speed speeds, nor the effect of Quantum Probability that supposes that each and every point in the universe is the same, and that any such object could exist at any or all points in space at any or all points in time. :D

3. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Ah, very clever Manus. Can't forget those wormholes through space now can we? I'll tell that to the person I got it from (again I didn't make it up myself).

4. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Ahh, well technically he would have to be reduced to sub-atomic particles for all of this to be correct, but it's mostly bunk anyway ;)

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    It's all quantum, believe me.

6. Blog Gems: 23/31

If it's quantum, then there's just a probability that Santa will reach your exact location on the earth. That sucks doesn't it? Or perhaps the probability density is higher at the location of "good children" and lower at "bad children".

And what's the point of going down the chimney when you can just tunnel through walls as the laws of quantum mechanics permits? :D

7. Vyndin Source Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

All of these silly proofs reminds me of an old one that i heard from my mother. It goes:

One cat has one tail.
    No cat has eight tails.
    One cat has one more tail than no cat.
    Now the cat has nine tails!.

Problem is that you can't say that anyone of these are wrong... :shake:

8. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    First is half-wrong, there are cats with no tails :p

9. Blog Gems: 23/31

Yes, there does exist a cat with nine tails: the whip, cat-o'-nine-tails. Now you've just proved their existence from pure logic! ;)

10. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    Statement:
    "There's no such thing as a limit to life."

Let f(x) be life. If so, there exists another equation g(x) such that if we let f(x) times g(x) and get the limit, we get infinity.
    Of course, the question is about finding that certain equation, g(x).

Statement:
    "There are infinite possibilities in dreams."
    From the statement above, f(x) equals life. Now, f(x) must be positive since a negative value of f(x) means the opposite of life, which is death.
    Sleep (simple to comatose slumber) isn't exactly life, and isn't exactly death, so it's f(x) equals zero.
    By dividing f(x) by zero (ie, sleeping) and getting the limit we get infinity.
    Thus, since we only dream when we sleep, we have proven our statement.

-from Philosophy + Math site.

[ December 22, 2003, 09:50: Message edited by: Scythesong Immortal ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.