1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Norwegian Princess....

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Loerand, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

[​IMG] The Norwegian princess Mãrtha got herself a daughter tonight. Her name is Maud Angelica. Just for your information...

BTW, it's a kind of silly name :D

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Congrats on her, then. :)

Another new royal person for the press to bash on. I wonder what will become her speciality? Drugs? Lesbianism? Eating people?

(Note: first sentence is sincere, second, sarcasm...)

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Never take on a passenger, unless you already have a full cargo.

4. Cross Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Official congratulations from a loyal subject of the throne.

And I think it's a nice name.

5. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Out of curiousity, is Norway a republic, democracy or monarchy? :hmm:

6. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

demonarchy. :p

7. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Constitutional Monarchy, like Sweden. Others, mainly anti-norwegians, say it's a oilarchy, not unlike Texas.

But I am very happy to hear that there's a new norwegian girl walking this earth. There can never be enough norwegian girls. Even if this one is a princess.

8. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

:) I don't know about the rest of the world, but over here Norwegian women have a stereotype of always being drop-dead beautiful.

So in that case, I agree, the more the better! :)

9. JC Denton Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I think the name is strange way cant they have normale names lik us other peoples?? :eek:

10. Cross Gems: 6/31

Well, because they're royalty, that means they don't have a surname. Also there is a tradition among royalty, not just in Norway, to have several given names. Some are traditional, while some are given because the parents like them. In this instance, Maud was the name of the first Queen of Norway in the past few centuries (this little one's great-great-grandmother) while Angelica is the name her parents picked for her.

11. JC Denton Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Yeah but i think they should have one name on her not two i think that is a bit strange and i know the history of Queen Maud Cross :)

12. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    You mean queen Maud, wife to Haakon VII and the mother of Olav V?

13. Cross Gems: 6/31

Yup, that's the one. How did you know?

JCDenton: Why do you think so? Lots of people have two first names, especially in the US. Do you mind that as well, or is it just when royalty does it? And if so, why? :confused:

14. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

It's usual in Norway too. I got two names, so don't mess with me :D

15. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I have three so I am even worse :D

Seriously, the name isn't that bad. She will probably be called Angelica... and imho it's a nice name.

But I still wonder what her speciality scandal feat will be?

(I know, I know...)

16. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

BAH! things I know about princencesses are
    a- they are beautiful and sexy
    b- "Mates" of Monaco princess (was it Stephanie?)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.