1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Drinking games

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Arabwel, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Well, following a discussion in a Chinese restaurant with my tutoring group about drinking games, I decided to maske this topic: If you know any cool drinking games, post them here!

Three Man¨

You need: Two dice and lots of alcohol/other suitable beverages if you're underage

Everyone rolls to determine their number. Every time your number comes up,
    by adding both dice, or just on one of the die you take a drink. The exception is three,
    who has to drink whenever a multiple of three shows up as wellHence the name three man. Now
    three man can pass his number by rolling double threes, and naming the new three man.
    The same applies to all other numbers. Boxcars (double sixes) or snake eyes
    (double ones) are called a social, everybody drinks. Hmm, what else? If
    you roll doubles, you roll again, but if you get three doubles in a row, you automatically
    become three man. The old three man has to roll a new number other than three.
    If three man rolls three doubles, he can choose a new three
    man as well.

I know not where this originates from, I got this from a fan fiction story. Sounds fun, does it not?

What do YOU have?

(Saruman's apprentice)

2. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Are you drunk ? :D

3. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I'd like to know that too.

4. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I don't think she's lit. But I'm thinking I don't completely understand those directions.

Anyways, the only ones I've played were for TV shows. Where you take a drink if Kirk sleeps with a girl that's not green, blue, or red. And you have to douse the whole glass if Riker says "Damnit! What the hell is going on around here?!"

There were some for Archie Bunker, Jerry Springer, Friends, Star Trek, Buck Rodgers, Tom and Jerry. A few others.

There's a whole *bunch* of shows that have directions.

5. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Watch an episode of The Smurfs and take a swallow every time they say the word "smurf." Or there's Quarters where you have to bounce a quarter off the table into a rocks glass. If you miss, you drink. Of course, the more you drink, the more you miss and the more you miss, the more you drink and, well, you get the idea.

Just for the record, I've played 3-man and Arabwel's rules make perfect sense. This is what happens when drunks invent rules.

6. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Invite some friends over.
    Make a fine dinner.
    Have each friend bring a bottle of wine that complements a different course of the meal.
    Eat, drink and be merry!

Sorry, but past college drinking games take on a very different tone! :roll:

7. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I don't drink, but I know a good game courtesy of my friends Bob and Doug Mackenzie. Take a 6 pack, and then while your buddy's back is turned, shake up one of the cans/bottles. You put it back (you need a non - plastic holder). Then while your back is turned, you buddy mixes up the beers. Then you play "The Beer Hunter"! you pick a bottle/can, hold it over your head, and then open it. If you didn't get the right one, you have to drink the beer! As Doug says "the punishment is not so bad!"

Stupid game, I know, but it was funny when the Hosers did it.

8. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

"There's a mouse in my beer, eh?"

9. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] We played two drinking games (well, actually more...but I'm only going to talk about two) in college. They were:

Vodka Lottery - Everyone put their name in a hat, and poured a shot of vodka. Whoever's name was drawn had to drink their shot - and they could pick someone else to drink with them. Then another name was picked from the hat...but no names were taken out - so in theory, you could be chosen every round.

Vodka or Tequila basketball: Douring the March Madness NCAA tourney, we would divide up into two teams and watch the games. We would flip a coin to pick which team we wanted. When the game starts, every time your team scored, the other team had to drink, if the ball was stolen from your team, you had to drink. If your team made a foul shot, the other team had to drink. If your team made a 3 pointer, the opposing team had to pound a beer...And so one, until one team gives up...or passes out.

Please do not try this at home...We were professionals...

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Here's another: Chess as a drinking game; every time your piece falls, you drink a shot.

Also can be applied to checkers. Or Othello. :)

(Drinking, who, me :D )

11. Keraptisdm Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

What a surprise to see Pac Man and Arabwel in this thread. :rolleyes: ;) :D

I suppose that I am the only designated driver in here? :eek:

12. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I particularly enjoy singling out an innocent stranger and have him drink bruderschaft with all the regulars :D

From my highschool (age 15-19 here) times:

Also competitions are enjoyable: who looks most sober, who's the most dazzling vodka dandy (gets a fair maiden drink with him from his glass) and numerous other ones, mostly improvised for the greater fun of all the people ;) like choral singing :D . Steady ones where: who's the last standing one (excuses excepted from those who had better thing to do than drinking) and who's the worst drunk idiot (not always the most drunk). The most curious one involved a guy Peter and/or me solely. To check the drunkenness level subject was asked by the noble congregation to answer questions about various dates in history (complete out of the blue ones like battle of Manzikert, Charlemagne's death, Eastern Schizma, Edict of Tolerance, formation of Austro-Hungarian Empire etc). Once it was over and answers given properly (no incorrect answer had ever been given :D ) subject was officially declared sober and helped stand up if necessary.

In large groups of both sexes a game called 'bottle' is practised. They all sit around a bottle. One sets it spinning and whom it points at is to kiss the one on the other side of the bottle (male homo combos excepted).

Another one of the set of my favourites doesn't have a name, but basically it's all about who has the other one drunk. It's informal and never declared openly ;) You need a nice scenery, two persons of opposite sex and a glass of vodka (and next one etc). I particularly remember one delightful coolish evening in Greece (Ouzo) :rolleyes:

[ March 14, 2003, 19:55: Message edited by: chevalier ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.