1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best hero weapon!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Padeen Dragonblade, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

The socks of one of my platoon mates after he has worn them for a week.

:eek:

Stormbringer's a personal favorite of mine as well.

2. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

No I dont since I AM IN CYPRUS THE @R$E OF THE GREEK WORLD!!! How many times have I said that?
    Anyway my brothers farts are the powerfullest weapon.

Padeen.(Finally back from japan)

3. Chevalier Mal Fet Gems: 13/31

I don't like to be mean, but you're annoying Padeen.

I think the coolest trademark weapon would have to be Mjølnir.

4. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

For me, the best weapon has to be the spear/javelin used by the celtic hero Cu Chulain. I found this brief description, but I read about it in the book "The Tain".

GAE BOLGA - Cuchulain’s magic spear, also known as the Spear of Light. The Gae Bolga looked like a bolt of lightning, and returned to his hand when it was thrown. He used it to defeat the Banshee, in both battles with her. When not in use, it reverts to the form of an ordinary stick.

{In Irish legend, the Gae Bolga was a magical spear which Cuchulain received from his tutor in arms, the warrior woman Scathach. When hurled at an enemy, it struck him in the stomach, and opened up thirty barbs to increase its damage.}

5. Fizity Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Literature - Tas's Rabbitslayer of course (from Dragonlance)... Actually, probably the Gae Bolga or Fergus's Cladcholg (which is almost a Celtic Excalibur)

TV Show - I'd have to say the Witchblade (from a series called Witchblade ;) ) wins hands down. Especially in the hands of the medieval Irish Cathain, that's one nice gauntlet.

Movie - I'm incredibly fond of Anduril, since I can't remember any other weapon names :)

6. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

In the movie Beastmaster, one of the main villians had this sort of a club with blades that sprung out near the top. He also swung it around on a chain later in the movie, like a mace. I always thought that, and his helmet (had a shrunken skull on top, with hair, and bat wings on the side) were really cool. But he wound up stabbing himself in the back with his own weapon, so it would take a good amount of skill to use this effectively (more than this guy had anyway).

7. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Shadowbringer - Very own creation. :)

8. Fizity Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Heehee, Nutrimat, that just reminded me of my dad's old college roomate. He was an avid D&D player, to the point of obsession, and late at night he would run through the halls swinging a flail, and he ended up hitting himself on the head :D ;)

9. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

The Masamune or an AK-47.

[ October 14, 2002, 06:56: Message edited by: Frog ]

10. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

From the Chinese novel "Journey to the West" (or was that East?), the monkey king's magic staff. When not in used it can shrunk as small as a needle and fit into the monkey's ear. And if the monkey wants, the staff can grow to a hundred feet or more.

From the Filipino fictional hero, "Ang Panday" (English translation means "The Blacksmith".) The magic dagger of the "Panday" becomes a longsword when evil creature is near. And it is by AD&D standard a +5 longsword against undead and demons. :)

I like Thor's hammer too.

.... and Harry Calahan's peacemaker... go ahead punk, make my day! :grin:

11. the god Gems: 13/31

doubt that they've been made yet, but a katana forged from ferrium C69. i think only a 'dragonslayer' broadsword has been made so far.

12. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Another I've thought of was Turin's blade "Anglachel." That was a cools sword...Plus, he killed Glaurung with it!

13. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The Accursed Ainkurn Sword. It could cut through armour like it was wet toilet paper, but it made its weilder gradually become a bloodthirsty psychopath, or even a vampire in extreme cases. I think they made a version of it in the game Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.