1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BG TV series

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Djieff, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Djieff Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] *LONG POST WARNING*

I know a similar topic was discussed a while back, but I think it warrants a new thread (and I can't stop thinking about the possibilities, for some reason). Here goes:

I think the BG saga should be adapted as a TV series. NOT a movie, as there is simply too much going on to fit in 3 hours. What I'm thinking about is a 3-year, 26 episodes-per-year series -- season 1 for BG1, season 2 for SoA and season 3 for ToB. Sounds realistic to me, what do you think?

And now the fun parts: the actors. Here are my suggestions for the main characters, based on who could play them realistically money-wise (that means no Halle Berry nonsense) and which characters are central to the story. Oh yeah, I'm not good with links and stuff. Hope everything works.

Protagonist (some kind of generic fighter-type in order to emphasize his bhaalspawn powers): Chris Klein ( http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/1191/ChrisKlein_Granitz_183161.jpg ) Must be young (early 20s), male and athletic, so there.

Imoen: Rachael Leigh Cook ( http://meltingpot.fortunecity.com/angola/74/gallery/leno/thumb/leno04.jpg ) She just looks perfect for the role.

Jaheira: Natasha McElhone ( http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0164003/CG-40.jpg ) Right age and look.

Khalid: Dwight Schultz ( http://www.moviestarsmovies.com/Images/DwightSchultz.jpg ) Perfect face and voice and a great actor.

Minsc: James Hyndman ( http://planete.qc.ca/images/sondagesexy/JamesHyndman1.jpg ) You guys probably don't know him, but he's an amazing actor, he looks a lot like Minsc, he's tall (6-4, 200 lb), bald and i'm sure he could nail the accent without any problem.

Dynaheir: no idea. Suggestions?

That covers the BG1 part. Obviously for season 2 you drop Khalid and Dynaheir. Replace them with:

Yoshimo (has a great role to play that is directly linked to the central story): open for suggestions.

Aerie (I know she's annoying and I NEVER use her, but she's actually a nice, conflicted character and a great complement for Minsc): Islid Le Besco ( http://site.voila.fr/madeinfrance/lebesco/img/isild00.jpg ) She's a French actress with a face that screams "weird-looking elf".

The crew stays the same for ToB, plus Sarevok (see below).

Main Bad Guys:

Sarevok: now that's a tough one. Vin Diesel would be perfect, but money-wise that's a big no-no. If I had to take a chance, I'd go with WWE wrestler Dave Batista ( http://raw.wwe.com/superstars/batista/images/batista1.jpg ). He's like 6-5, 300 lb and the look of someone who could rip your head off. Very limited acting talent, though. Suggestions welcome.

Irenicus: Brad Dourif ( http://www.dourif.net/images/conventions/35.jpg ). 'Nuff said.

Melissan: I dunno. For some reason I don't care about her enough to really put some thought into this. Suggestions?

Main Supporting Cast and Guest Stars:

Gorion: Donald Sutherland

Elminster: Ian McKellen (wink wink)

Cromwell: John Rhys-Davies (wink wink #2)

That's all I can think of right now. All comments welcome and sorry for the long read!

[Fixed URLs. Thanks Taluntain!]

[ December 10, 2003, 20:17: Message edited by: Djieff ]

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Put a space before and after every url in brackets, so they get made into links automatically.

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Imoens Piccy doesn't show up.

I think it would be funny if these people were all in a TV show though. Especially BG :lol: :lol:

Don't like the guy for Sarevok. But as I don't watch TV or anything, I can't really suggest a replacement.

hmm...
    Please note - these are just jokes. Also you have to be signed in to see them.
    Yoshimo
    Anomen
    and perhaps... Volo :p ;)

[ December 10, 2003, 21:28: Message edited by: 8people ]

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ahem, Sarevok is black. Your suggestions aren't. ;)

5. Djieff Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I don't think Sarevok is *BLACK* black. He has darkish skin, I'll give you that, but anybody can be made to appear as if they have darker skin than they really have. :p

All joking aside, I agree my suggestion is pretty lame, but I just couldn't think of anyone off the top of my head.

6. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

7. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Yes, i agree with you cast, Viconia obviously is not important at all. i mean, it is not important that she is the strongest cleric throughout BG series. Of couse, the fact that she is a sexy, sophistiocated, attractive, complicated drow doesn't mean anything. i mean who would care about a character that add depth to the whole series, right?

And Edwin? No, we cannot add him. This guy is out right funny is not important too. He morphed into a Edwinia is too controversial for the public. The conversation between Edwinia and the guy in Copper Coronet, that ended in violence, not good for tv series.

Sorry that i have to be sarcastic about it. i just cannot stand anyone neglecting Edwin and Viconia when talk about BG. Unfortunately (fortunately even), i cannot suggest suitable person to play their roles.

8. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Ahem...

Sarevok = Michael Dorn.

Nuff said...

9. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Woah, Falstaff, Michael Dorn would be perfect! I wonder why I never thought of him before?

10. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Stone Cold Steve Austin should be Minsc...With a voice over by...The guy who voiced Minsc!!!

11. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

A TV series based on a RPG wouldn't sell. There is too many variations on how people play the game. Some people would not watch the show on principle that it has Minsc, or Imoen or a Fighter protaganist. The whole idea of having an RPG is for the variations, I think that is why the BG series novels failed. People prefer to go through the game as they see fit. Some people like to solo, some people prefer to poison the druid grove or kill Valygar. It's all choice. There is no way that it would succeed.

12. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I think it may be able to work.
    I mean, they made a D&D cartoon which, from what I've heard, went relatively well at the time it was first released.

But then, look at the D&D movie that was made 'recently' too.

13. notforyou Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I don't think this series would never be created, BG isn't that well known. maybe on a smaller cable channel like AXN, but then it could either be really bad, or in the hands of the right producers/writers/directors be surprisingly good but with unknown actors. they would have a problem with the expensive sets and effects. I know personally I would love to see such a series, but I'm not holding my breath.
    I loved your suggestions of actors playing Minsc and Irenicus. how about Jet Li as Yoshimo? as for Chris Klein, I wouldn't let him be one of the beggars in Athkatla. don't have other suggestions though.

14. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Well, why not get someone like Rob Tapert in for it, maybe try to make sure he doesn't play up any comedy factor too much outside of Minsc and a couple of others - like Jan and Korgan if they come in to it. He did a great job with Hercules and Xena, and it could be another New Zealnd-filmed project. Although didn't they use some Canadian sets in those shows as well?

15. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I think that it could become very popular, even with people who have never heard from it.

It could be shot with that other line of shows(don't really know if it has a proper name, but it includes Andromeda, Beastmaster, The Lost World[formerly], and other show shot in like Australia)

I really enjoy those shows, and the quality isn't that bad.

16. monkey Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

If you are going to make a BG series, Tiax must appear - he is the funniest character in the game. He wouldn't have to have a large role as he is a pretty inconsequential character in the game, but having him appear and saying 'Tiax rules all!!!' or one of his other great lines would elevate the series to greatness even if the rest was rubbish (or maybe not).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.