1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best Buds

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Elios, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Do you have a 'best bud'? A friend who has been with you through the years? Maybe it's someone who has stayed in touch with you, even though you may have moved across the country.
    I was thinking about this this past weekend when I was in Las Vegas. I went there to see a friend get married. We've been friends for over ten years. I went away to school, and he stayed in touch. I moved to California (he's in Chicago) and we still talk, mostly email and instand messaging, on almost a daily basis.

2. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I have one mate who knows practically everything there is to know about me, and likewise, i know most of what there is to know about him. Only known him for a couple of years.
    His girlfriend i have known for the same amount of time, and i'd say she is my best female friend.

3. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I have one and she is the only RL friend I have. We are nearly the same and still so different and we help each other and bla bla.

4. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I have a bud since i was 4.
    All the same schools and so on...

5. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Yes. I've been friends with my best bud for over 13 years. (Now 1 week away from being 21) We've had mostly good times, and only a few bumps in the road. I would walk through the fire for this guy, and I know that is mutual.

6. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

The only problem about my best male and female buds (as mentioned above) is that i think the guy thinks that his girlfriend (the best female bud) is going to leave him for me, just because i said that i was going to ask her out BEFORE they got together. Thus, by saying that i had interest in her then means that i still do now, which isn't a valid point to make, because i'm not the kind of guy to do that.
    It's probably coz his previous best mate cheated with his THEN girlfriend.

Why does stuff get complicated when it involves relationships?

7. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I have a friend that I've known for the last 10 years or so. I've known him since we started elementary school. For some reason, everybody around here seems to know him well, which is quite a good thing. And when a bunch of finns try to kick your ass, it's kind of nice to have an almost 2 meters tall, muscular friend. ;)

8. Felgash Toradûn Banned

Naw... I don't need friends... They tend to disturb me while I'm playing computer...

No, seriously...

Yes, I do have a really good friend, whom I've known since I were 7...
    (Thats when I started elementary school.)
    We kinda slipped apart half a year ago...
    But were back to getter now... (no, I'm straight) We really hang out alot...

In the weekends we party, have LANs... Or relaxes with a pizza and a good movie...

Yeah... His a friend for life...

9. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I am a rock. I am an island.
    A rock feels no pain and an island never cries.

Well, that was defenately NOT true!

I got plenty of friends, but there is one in particular. I know him about 17 years (I am 23 now) but we are real friends since a year or 10.

'If there is anything to laugh, anything for fun, share with me.
    If there's anything you want, anything you need, come to me.
    If there is anything at all keeping you awake, talk to me.
    I'll be your guardian angel.'

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Yes - but recently I've felt as though I'm losing him.

Apart from that my best friend here with me now! Esion. And there is also Odessy, but he hasn't been my friend as long as Esion has, before I had her there was Dyl, he was cool, but had a lot of problems, we never stopped being friends, but he's gone now, left when we moved down South again.

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Well, there is this girl I was friends with since 1st grade, and suddenly I got a nasty SMS from her today...

Seriously, the two best friends I have, we still keep in touch but it is sporadocal.. when we DO meet, THEN it is such a "Do yom, did you then we" fest that.... Or should I say one? that cryptic message was from one of them. I wonder what is going on?

With being kicked on the head by just about everyone all my life, I don't reall HAVE any friends.. thankfully, tthese days I have certain people from SP.. they know who they are :)

I suck with relationships....

(Truly a rock)

12. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I've been best friends with a guy since I was about 7 years old. Lessee, I'm 29 now (gotta get a calculator) yup, it's been 22 years! He's 4 years older than me, but we've stayed in touch through his leaving for college, his going to Sweden, my going to Japan, and my getting married though he stayed single. I don't think there's an idea we haven't bounced off of each other over the past 22 years. Especially during those tough teenage years, it's important to have a friend who just listens, you know?

He was a little pissed at me when I didn't marry his sister (so was she!) but that's about the only time we've ever had a disagreement.

13. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    My best friend is so different from me it's not even funny. He got his first computer a little over a year ago. He plays four or five different sports. We've been friends since grade three. For some reason, which I can't remember, we hated each other so much before then, and then one day, we were friends.

14. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    While there are a few people I've kept in touch with, I generally make a new set of friends when I get into a new situation. Right now my best friend of longest standing is my hubby, Velcro.

15. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Yeah, been best friends with him since pre school.

16. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Well, I have lots of friends from my school. The problem is: when the school is over, everyone will go to his/her own way. Some leave to different cities and all -like I did. :heh: Tends to make it difficult to have RFs, but hopefully I will see them after a couple of years.

17. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I've had my best friend for around 15 years. We've had one extremely serious quarrel over a so rediculous thing that I can still scarce believe it (it had a lot to do with a lot of things, but the main "trigger" reason was a damn bike string :rolleyes: ). Don't ask for an explanation. :)

Anyway, he literally knows things that could easily destroy my life. Then, it does work both ways. But, as he also happens to be the person who has the highest ethics and morals of all the people I know, combined with clearly above the average intelligence, I'm not really worried.

18. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I have two friends that I like that went to kindergarten with me and has been my friends since then. Then I have some more friends that I got after that and there's also people that went to the same kindergarten as me and the same school, but I dont refer to them as friends. Or anything close to that.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.