1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who knows their IQ??

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Aldazar, Nov 25, 2003.

1. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Inspired by the recent return to our TV screens of the National IQ test, I was just wondering who out there would be willing to share their IQ if known?

Last year when it was on I managed to run 150, this year the table they used was different and only went up to 140+ which is what I scored.

Never actually had it professionally tested though, maybe I'll look into it.

Sorry, just had to tell someone, I actually thought I'd end up being a dunce, not a near-genius.

2. Human Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Well, most IQ tests I've done over the internet suggest that I range between 125 and 140. I don't know if these tests compare to the actual thing but the thought of going for a professional test and finding out that I'm stupid is to much to bear! Hence I will just make believe that I'm clever!

3. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Most of the tests on the internet wouldn't really work too wel with me, I don't even know what half of the questions of some of them are talking about! I'm only 15!

4. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I don't believe to tests like that, and that is why I have never taken one -real one; done by pro's. Since the less serious one's don't even try to measure it correctly, I have ended up being, :rolleyes: , "above average." Rubbish -all IQ-tests. :rolleyes:

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I've scored as practically everything in between 126 and 152, but I usually get 140 with change. I could probably get a better score in a test if I took it seriously and without it boring the hell out of me. It could also help if I were sober or if I weren't high on caffeine.

6. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Put me on the same line with Chev there, my lowest score has been 124 though. And I don't suffer from caffeine. Actually, with how much I get to sleep per night, caffeine might do me good.

Still like Virne said, those tests don't make one bit of real sense anyway. Actually, your granny saying "you have a lot of potential, I feel you'll be something great one day" passes for more convincing evidence for one's intelligence than any test you might ever take. Be that official or not. And how many have ended up being something great?

7. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

They kept trying to measure my IQ, but they don't make charts that go that low, so they had to do a relative ranking. I'm somewhere between a banana plant and lemon basil.

8. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Honestly couldn't care less what my IQ is.

I did a test once on the internet scoring a 138 or something and that was only because all you people also did it ;)

9. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

I'm with Apeman. I really could care less what my IQ is...

I just know that it is much higher than any human ever born, and that is good enough for me.

10. Cross Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

IQ tests don't measure how smart you are, they measure how many IQ tests you've had before.

11. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] IQ test suck!

What use are they?
    They might make you sad if you get a low score, or make you feel more self-confident if you got a nice score.
    BTW, i only took one, becouse there was a topic about it. i think it was 122*10^99999
    :p

*shrugs*

12. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I took an official test about 6 or 7 months ago and rated 144. Although, tbh, I don't think that an IQ score really gives a good indication of a persons intelligence. Its more a judgement of ones perception, etc. :)

13. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I don't think an IQ test is a true messure of ones intellectual abilities. I think it is just another way for people measure each other.

14. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] last time I got 141. Two years ago I got tested at school and at hospital for 130. but the 141 I got on an online test, so I don't really know.

15. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    IQ test only prove you have a logical mind, Me as I am totaly worthless as a mathematician (SP?) and I'm pretty young too (15), I will probably scores a low score but that doesn't make me a lesser being or less intelligent. Anyway when your too Intelligence you begin to be mad,

In the end of the road of Intelligence you shall find Madness, Madness and Intelligence are very close to each other.

16. Ahrontil Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Some of the IQ tests on this site are fun if you have the time. There is one which has to be completed in twelve minutes.

www.puzz.com

IQ tests that aren't timed are more a test of patience than smarts.

I wonder if anyone has ever studied the link between exceptionally high intelligence and abnormal brain functioning. I'm not just talking about mad scientists. The brain pathways that facilitate advanced thought seem also to open the door to epilepsy and other brain disorders.

17. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

And the other way around...

The link has been studied... i wasn't qualified as a example, i have too severe disorders. :p

18. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Well, according to the site linked, I have an IQ of 129. Apparently my Intellectual type is Visual Mathematician. Which isn't the first time I've heard that, so that's probably true.

19. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

i got an official one on Whiteman AFB once nad scored a 162... it got me into the advanced programs at school

20. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

There's something I like about IQ tests: entertainment when my score is displayed.

I never bother to take a real IQ test, perhaps never will. I've taken a couple of apparently serious online tests, including one Nobleman posted on SP a while ago. The results fluctuate between 80 and 160 which, from a statistical point of view, seems like a rather wide margin of error.

Since I am convinced that I'm not a complete moron (otherwise advance physics is overrated) and that I'm no genius either (otherwise genius is overrated), two conclusions come to mind: either my brain doesn't work on Sundays; or these tests hold little relevance.

Edit: Just went through the 12-minutes thingie on that puzz site ... a whooping 148!!! I'm so happy now!
    *joins Gothmog on his shrugging venture*

[ November 27, 2003, 00:09: Message edited by: Oxymore ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.