1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Just finished watching the LAST EVER episode of Voyager...

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Fljotsdale, Aug 6, 2001.

1. Fljotsdale Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Sob! What am I gonna do without Seven and Janeway and Chakotay, et al? Sob, sob, (uncontrollable tears).
    'Life - don't talk to me about life...'

2. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

[​IMG] What are you talking about?!?! That swhow was horrible!!! I used to be almost a fanatical trekkie before it!! Weak characters (I'll let Seven pass ;)), horrible acting, terrible epidoes, and a complete departure from the Next Gen style which did it so well. In next gen, characters had to think, out wit thier foes to survive, and it made it interesting and all was happy! Now, with Voyager, every episode we had a new technology, particle, wave or something which solved all thier problems magically and instantly. Yay. And the final episode was almost as bad as DS9s!!! I didn't think that was honestly possible. Janeway traveling to the future to get Transphasic Torpedoes to destoy the Borg, please and return everyone to a normal and happy state. LAME! Not to mention a complete voilation of Janeways principles, the very ones that got them there in the first place. We can only hope the next series isn't as horrible, however if they keep the same writers/producers it probably will.
    :mad: :mad: :mad::mad

3. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Hey!

I liked voyager

For one a redheaded female captain you cant go wrong :D

Second a Native first officer.. mmmmmm yummy

:p

4. Goblin Slayer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I honestly think the last episode was GREAT! The was real and they did have to outwit the enemies all the time. It was way more exciting then Next Gen, Alex. What I totally don't understand about the ending though is that if they got home *SPOILER* then in the episode where Chakotay goes through that time thingy, why did Icheb and Naomi say that Janeway died, if she was at home on earth. Well it could be she died on earth, but Icheb didn't look THAT old, he only looked 10 years older.

5. Athalon Gems: 5/31

Oh by the way, my other name is Goblin Slayer. Well anyway, i just wanted to add in, who your favorite character is. Mine honestly is Tom Paris. I loved that episode where they showed his holo-file about Captain Proton and that evil dude. And he still watches cartoons on a super old television with B'llana

6. Fljotsdale Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] I loved the original Startrek - can't STAND it now! But I have loved ALL of them. My favourite characters have always been the 'odd one out' types, though - Spock, Data, Seven - and some of the kinda 'bad' guys like Quark (LOVE him!), and Q.

7. Silverblade Guest

I am a big Star Trek-fan and like Voyager. Only too bad that the last episode still isn't in the Netherlands, the last episode I've seen is Flesh and Blood, so we Dutch still have 16 episodes to go.

Life long and prosper.

8. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

im also a big fan of star wars, but aside from janeway voyage was quite poor in its acting, and had a really fucked up storyline.

[This message has been edited by The Fat Egg (edited August 07, 2001).]

9. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Voyager wasn't bad, it wasn't the next generation, but then again it wasnt' supposed to be. I found it interesting, a federation ship in the Delta quadrant all alone. Granted in some episodes they were WAY to powerful, that includes the last episode, which was good, but t6hey should have left the borg intact. Now what happens when they go back to the time after Voyager is back on a different ship? (you know they will in the series after enterprise, it'll probably start half way through the time that Voyager is missing.)

10. Relic Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

It took me a couple of seasons to warm up to Voyager, but then I loved it. The big thing I hated was Seven, I felt she was a horrible actor, and just brought in to galvanize the teenage male audience (which worked, though, so it was good for the show). The final episode was great, though now I'd like to see what happens to them all back in the alpha quadrant. My favorite series of the four though, is DS9, it really evolved into somthing great.

11. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] I like Voyager better than Next Generation... Though I must wait to finish with the story. In Hungary we're the middle of the Voyager.

12. Athalon Gems: 5/31

Whoa! I didn't know Sorcerers Place had so much ethnic variety. Netherlandish ppl and Hungarians as well! Kickin'! well you guys probably don't have it yet cuz they gotta translate it... Well unless you guys speak english. Do hungarians speak english?

13. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] How could I have missed this thread? I thought the final Voyager episode was on par with the series, maybe a little better. Which is to say, it was pretty good, but not great. Unfortunately, no ST show is in sindication on regular networks (I won't pay for cable to see ads and repeats on Discovery shows and yet another crocodile hunter episode)until 9.27, when Enterprise debuts. I think ST is solid entertainment. I'm a bit of a Trekkie, but even if I weren't, if any ST show is on I'm good for an hour for sure. Even TNG reruns or TOS. Now, the first episodes of DS9 were almost unbearable, but it got better. Voyager had fundamental problems with its formula I think. Enterprise will have a lot of challenges, too. I'm optimistic for it. I'm not so sure about the choice for Ct. but I'll give it a few years and see what happens!

14. Silverblade Guest

Well, I'm glad that they don't transelate Star Trek to dutch, it would just be less fun too watch at. We Dutch never translate english programmes because much Dutch know enlish (and a lot of other langueges), we are not like the Germans, who translate absolutely every thing.

And Athalon: Of course we know English, how else wouold be able to write it here?? I would like to nominate Athalon's question as dumbest question of the week.

15. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31

No point of me telling you this but anyway i have never seen a single episode of voyager! :)

Is it worth watching?

16. Dudette Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

kirk, and picard were the best captains, DS9 was the worst Star Trek imaginable, though quark was funny, Janeway was dumb, and man do i like spock, data, odo, worf, and tuvok

17. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    i hate voyager, i was routing on it being destroyed, it would have a better ending, the story was shite and the characters unbelevable, janeway would never have become an admiral because she would have been court marshaled for all the regualtions she had broken and the borg are certainly not finished
    if u want my view:
    the borg use the information on the virus from assimilating janeway to cure it, so they are fine, the borg adapt to the new torpedos and armour before starfleet invent it spelling doom for humanity ::::YAY!!!::::
    and where the hell is the relativity from the 29th century when it should be doing its job, it would go back and correct the timeline erasing what janeway went back and did placing voyager back in the delta quadrant

sorry... i just thought voyager sucked arse and needed a rant

[This message has been edited by Shoshino (edited August 08, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Shoshino (edited August 08, 2001).]

18. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

[​IMG] I would have like to see Voyager destroyed too. But with survivors, and then they could base the remaining series on how they got home then... Now that would be interesting. So long as Janeway goes down with the ship!

19. Fljotsdale Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Hm! Interesting viewpoints. Yes, it took me a while to warm to Voyager, too. I think it was Seven of Nine that made it work for me. I personally think the writers did a good job of showing her gradual development from Borg Drone to human. Besides which, she is an attractive young woman with a body I envy, lol!
    I also think every single one of the Starteck series was 'made' by the oddities like Spock, Odo, Quark, Data, Seven, etc. But I have to confess that my all-time favourite was Jean-Luc Picard. I just think Patrick Stewart has the most wonderful face. (Besotted sigh. :D

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited August 10, 2001).]

20. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31

Athalon: Yes, some of the hungarians know english very well (unfortunately I'm not one of them). We also have computers and internet, TV and electricity. You know we are a quite civilized nation...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.