1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Evil party suggestions

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Ancient Galatan, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Well, i've completed BG now for about 5 times and i always go for the "good" side.
    But for a couple of weeks ago i decided to start with a evil party.
    So if anyone has suggestions for a party, then they're welcome.

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Kagain, Edwin, and Viconia are musts. Monty's a decent thief and some early help, but I'd dump Xzar (read "get Xzar killed" :evil: ) when you get to Cloakwood and grab Eldoth for the bard experience. Skie can always die later... :evil:

3. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Shar-Teel is a decent fighter, but I don't use her much myself because you have to work around her lower number of hitpoints - I prefer fighters like Kagain who act as "fatsticks", as a friend of mine likes to refer to it. You could try Tiax too, if you don't mind getting an NPC in chapter 5. His stats aren't too good, but I like the element of randomness ("Who DARES prod Tiax?") he brings.

4. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

@ Felinoid

Xzar has the best lines! :skeptic: :mad:

5. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I had Kagain but couldn't stand his whining and got him killed in a hurry. I agree with Fel that Edwin and Vicona are musts. Monty was my theif and I kept my party to four, it was a little tough at the start but everyone up leveled fast.

6. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

If you have an evil Fighter/Thief (Like I do!!!) it gives you more variety in your party choice. Because you can get alot of thief skills, as well as backstab + all your fighter abilities! There you go, 1 or 2 free spots for some more NPC's!

7. w.d. Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

what do you plan on being?

8. spooky Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Kagain, Edwin, Viconia, Xzar, Montroan(Monty), and you (a like evil bard).

9. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

@ w.d.

Are you talking to Galatan?

10. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Personally I'd go for Shar-Teel, as a lvl 3 fighter dualled to a thief. With Dex 17 she's good enough, and a wicked backstabber with *** in long swords. Just get her early enough so that she'll be on level 2 and remember you need a man to beat her on your side.

Kagain's good, but not that good. Monty's good enough. Edwin and Viconia are musts, but you can do without Edwin. Lose Viconia only if you're a cleric yourself.

11. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Edwin is good, but Xzar is damn funny. He is really a very good mage too. Montaron is the epitomy of an evil thief. Another good duo is Tiax and Quayle -- really funny together. Kagain needs strength enhancement to be really good, but his high hit points and ability to regenerate are priceless early on.

Shar-Teel makes a fairly decent thief if you get her soon enough and dual her (wait until at least 3rd level).

Viconia is good, but you may not need a straight cleric (I use because I really like her voice). Branwen is better than Viconia and is neutral so will fit in an evil party.

12. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

When I did BG1 "evil" my party was:
    • PC - Thief, NE (named Garrett ;) ). Obviously the best thief in the game, because you can assign skill points exactly how you want!
    • Edwin - best mage in the game!
    • Kagain - best tank in the game (with Bracers of DEX)!
    • Viconia - best cleric in the game!
    • Montaron - best Halfling in the game - also a good (cross)bowman.
    • Shar-Teel - best psychotic, Arnie-quoting chauvinist in the game!
    As muscle and bows win out in BG1 for 95% of the battles, this balace was most effective. It should also be noted that I'm a fan of thievery (it allows me to accrue shiny ones ;) ) but virtually any class PC can fit in to this party. As the Dark Side gets (probably) the best of the most important classes (O.K., the last two "bests" are somewhat tenuous...) you can build some very good parties, from a powergaming perspective, in a variety of ways. The core of any evil party will probably be Edwin, Viconia and Kagain, though, with the other slots decided by your PC's class, and how many warriors and mages you want. In BG1, I favour warrior-heavy parties, so took Montaron and Shar-Teel. But you could always switch out Shar-Teel for Xzar if you wanted more spellcasting, but I personally don't think that it's necessary. Shar-Teel is an excellent NPC, and her lack of CON isn't really relevant, as if you ensure she gets maximum HP every level-up she'll have plenty to tank with alongside Kagain.

@AG: what class do you plan to make your PC?

13. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31

Well, started with it right away, but i have a major problem now, i'm too evil.
    I get confronted by flaming fist all time, and officer vai attacked, and after that, all people around her got hostile.
    What to do now?

[ November 30, 2005, 20:14: Message edited by: Ancient Galatan ]

14. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Here are the characters I would use for evil party.

Edwin - Mage
    Shar-Teel - Dual her to a Thief
    Kagian - Figther
    Viconcia - Cleric
    Jaheria - Fighter/Druid

15. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Tiax will rule all! :evil: If you don't mind waiting for him until Chapter Five, that is. Of course, there's always the All NPCs at the Beginning mod, and the only two evil NPCs with quests are Eldoth and Edwin. You can skip Eldoth, and Edwin doesn't get moved so he's fine.

I believe this was covered in another topic, but being evil doesn't mean being stupid. Sarevok's CE, but do you think he went around killing every goody-goody he saw? No, he planned his kills and made sure that his image was untarnished afterwards. Smart evil will get you much farther in the game than reckless evil. Don't forget that you can also pay for reputation if it gets too low, and that a low rep will hurt your interactions with the goody-goodys, so a high Charisma is a definite MUST.

16. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    @ Ancient - you're being attacked because you're reputation is too low. Any time it drops below 5 (I think) there's a random chance for an attack, and the further it drops the greater the chance. If it gets all the way down to 1 an attack is nearly certain.

Whenever I play evil I try to keep my reputation at a somewhat respectable level (at least 6) until my party levels enough to be able to handle the encounters.

As for party suggestions, I'd say:

Kagain
    Shar-Teel
    Viconia
    Edwin
    Montoron
    Eldoth (Garrick initially)

That's obviously 6 NPCs, which is too many, but substitute out whichever one is closest to your PC. My most recent evil party, I played a fighter-thief, making Monty expendable.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.