1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best album ever?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Viking, Apr 24, 2001.

1. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] This is strange!
    All the old topics are being replied to!

Btw this topic is like 2-3 months old! ;)

2. Brega Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] The best song EVER must be My Erection is Over by the Mentors

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I never can choose... it just depends.... WHen I think an album is the best ever, I'm gonna listen very much to it and after a while I think another album i sjust better (maybe listened too much) and so it changes every month. Some very good albums:

Dream Theater - Scenes from a Memory
    Scorpions with Berliner Philharmonic - Moment of Glory
    Guns and Roses - Use your ilussions II

[This message has been edited by Headbanger (edited August 16, 2001).]

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    It seems to be an actual trend to resurrect old topics .....

It is difficult to say since my taste is widespread .... my favs seem to be:

-Beastie Boys "Check your head" & "Ill Communication"
    -White Zombie "La Sexorcisto"
    -Rage against the Mashine "Rage against the Mashine"
    -Clawfinger "deaf, dumb, blind"
    -Garbage "garbage"
    -Faith no more "Angel Dust" & "King for a day"
    -Nirwana "Nevermind"
    -Biohazard "Urban Discipline"
    -Black Sabbath "Paranoid"
    -Rollins Band "Weight"

... and a lot of more

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited August 16, 2001).]

5. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I shall slay (in Extremist's sense of the word) anyone who mentions limp bizkit in here. I don't think there is such a thing for me as a best album ever. If you mean an album that I've listened to for a long time, and will keep listening to, I'd say Miles Davis - Kind of Blue. But it's far form the album I listen most to. I just don't seem to get bored with it like I do with other albums. I'm not really a jazz freak, but that album is too good to ignore, no matter musical preference.

6. Gwyddyon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I can't decide between

Nirvana - Nevermind
    Queen - Sheer Heart Attack
    Radiohead - Kid A
    Radiohead - Amnesiac
    The Who - Who's Next

7. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I agree with idoru...it's hard to pic the best ablum possible. Now, I'm a bit of an audiophile..........and SOME of the albums mentioned in thispost are great! Neil Young's Harvest; Abby Road; The Wall (I've allways found this album a bit depressing, when I was eating acid back in my younger days, I prefered hippie acid rock, like the Grateful Dead)........But I think, and I'm going WAY out on a limb here, that the FUNNYEST album in my collection is Licence to Ill by the Beasty Boys! No joke! I think it's one of the most entertaining album I've ever owned. Espicially when you think the the Beasties are 3 NYC jewish bisy who use to be a Punk Rock/Skater band.

I forgot to give kudos to Gonmar for Derek and The Domino's featuring Eric Clapton and Duane Allman! Great Album! I wonder how good Duane Allman would be today if he hadn't crashed his Harley.....I bet better than Clapton!

[This message has been edited by Llandon (edited August 21, 2001).]

8. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    As i couldnt pick a favourite among my Queen albums i had to pick The Chronic by Dr Dre the best hiphop album ever and a damn good record all in all. If you dont like hiphop check that out and you might be surprised.

9. FSFunky Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Smash by The Offspring. That is their best album ever!

If you have it, then all I have to say is 'Bad Habit'. I can listen to that song again and again and not get sick of it. Our band actually covers that song =). It's our opening number.

But the best song by The Offspring has got to be I Choose.

Just my $0.02

,FSFunky

10. H Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Most of the albums you have post are great...

I was wondering

Does any of you have listened to "First and last and Always" of The Sisters of Mercy... for me the gratest album ever done

11. Azirath Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

The Harvey Danger album, Where Have All The Merrymakers Gone?. Especially the song Flagpole Sitta, the best lyrics I have ever heard.

12. Donno. I like plenty of CDs. Blink 182: Enema of the State, Jenifer Lopez: J. Lo, Derude: Before the Storm. Um...I can't remember but I know it's a lot.

13. Sol'Kanar Guest

I like the downward spiral, by nine inch nails. And as for limp bizkit, anyone who mentions that should hope idoru gets to them first.

14. Sparhawk Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I can't decide between these:
    Lost Prophets - Fake sound of progress
    Slipknot - Iowa
    Spineshank - Height of Callouness

15. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I agree with Mollusken.
    Øystein Sunde rocks! :D

16. sorvo Guest

Master of Puppets would be my second choice,but it still comes down to Slayers"Reign in Blood" 30 minutes of sweet bliss!

[This message has been edited by sorvo (edited September 10, 2001).]

17. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Radio head
    Muse
    Travis
    U2
    best bands in the world!

18. Thalantyr Guest

Easy Iron Maiden Best band ever!!!!!

19. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Heres a few;

-Trinity: Voodoo, Vice and the Virgin Mary - Kill II This
    -Blood Sugar Sex Magick - Red Hot Chilli Peppers
    -Mer de noms - A Perfect Circle
    -Black Sunday - Cypress Hill
    -(Almost) Anything by Faith No More
    -S.C.I.E.N.C.E. - Incubus

20. The Amazing Oopah Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] OOOOOOO, SPARHAWK!

You must be the only person I know who has actually heard of the lost prophets. Saw em live at leeds festival - they were f'ing great. Now I just need to find the album....

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.