1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Do you talk to yourself?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kovalis Darkfire, Apr 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I sought of have to really... i mean, i have to talk back the lyrics i write and also try figure out what notes fit best etc.

2. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

All the time, especially when I'm doing some particularly gruelling activity. I yell at myself to stop being such a wimp.

Also, when I trip over on inanimate objects, or smash my leg on a table, or whatever, I normally have a go at them, just in case they are listening.

3. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Talking to yourself is not really the issue...Answering yourself is!

I talk to myself all the time! But I don''t ever remember responding.

4. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I swear at myself too alot damned! Not because I get mad some of the time, but just becasue it can be fun because you won't get in trouble or anything.

5. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Well sometimes it's nice,but one time my mom heard me and we had a discussion after that... :D

6. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

What were you saying when your mom heard you?

7. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I talk to myself..all the time. I yell at myself, mutter and grumble, sing, swear at myself, talk about things that I should of done, and even get in fights with myself..very fun it is. ;)

8. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Mmmm, sometimes.
    Especially when I am hyper or extremely tired. That makes you do strange stuff...
    I also daydream alot, so if I am daydreaming and someone asks me a question, my answer will be really ****ed up. Like yesterday, funny...
    Well well, I am getting carried away. Bye!

9. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

It was about the fight with Bodhi in Bg2.I died again and wasn't very happy about it :D

10. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I area posted,but I just found out that it is supposedly a sign of a genious to talk to yourself.

11. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Heh. Seems like plenty people here are genius then. It's only natural. :D

Like I said, I pretty much never talk to myself. The times I can recall were when I was particulary incensed. But otherwise, I often just think to myself. No need to tire my already under-used vocal cords.

12. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Constantly.

Nobleman....i not only sing to myself but i dance as well. the worst part is this, i ask myself questions (important ones) and the answer almost always surpises me. :eek:

also, Eze....you're not insane, or if you are then i am as well :hmm:

[ April 25, 2003, 00:09: Message edited by: Greenlion420 ]

13. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Not always.

14. enjan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

That scene where gollum is talking to himself in Two Towers... they ripped that off from me!! :mad:

15. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] The entire scene or just the sounds enjan? :1eye:

16. enjan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well... the general concept. ;)

17. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Question: Why do most people generally tend to feel stupid or silly if they've been caught talking to themselves?

18. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Oh, yes, I am one of those that talks to themselves. Not all the time, just when I have to try extra hard to consentrate on something important, and I am like either really tired, or very bored.

The most animated I get, is when I am driving down the road, and someone does something stupid, like stops in the middle of the road for no apparent reason! (yes this has happened) I will start cussing and yelling at the driver. This makes me appear like I am talking to myself. Heh

Mostly, I talk to my animals though. My horse, cat, and dogs. And sometimes inanimate objects.

But, what can you do. (sigh)

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Exactly. I don't understand that. I never feel stupid or silly when I'm seen or heard talking to honourable and wise persons.

20. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

IMHO, it is impossible not to talk to your pets. They are moving, living, breathing creatures, so it's only natural that you talk to them. Even if they don't understand you. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.