1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Post for random babbling, possibly with some sense, #3

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Apr 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zorith Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Tura-- is your processor over clocked? It could be the cause if it is. Bigger fan, or try and move the tower so that you get better airflow around it.

2. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Darn it, people!

Do none of you ever read The Playground section?

Get your tushes in motion!

Read my post! Join the Sorcerers Posse!

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Turambar:

WinXP + nVIDIA + (SBLive! or EAX) = Random Crashes

It is your OS, not AMD.

4. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Why the H*LL would Arwen be in the Two Towers movie, when she's only mentioned once in the book (for making Aragorn's banner).
    Now Fru, there's no need for NPC's, you could just do what some of us other people do, and write up their own character (I mean write their history and choose the right voice, NOT go through all those weird files that non-computer literate people know nothing about). [I could say some special farewell of some sort, but no, too bad, no way, and I can't think of any :p)

5. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

My guess is that it's probably her who brings the flag to him.

6. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Just DM-ed three new PnP adventurers today. They love it. Ahh. Whatta nice feeling.

The old blind senile herbalist woman shed joy. Between boiling pans and gasps for air and Trice "good morning" and introducing, they got the experience of a "real" Shopkeeper. Not some faceless Computer NPC.

And the lovely sneaky cheating Cobbler bargaining over everything, while handling a bordello backstage at the same time. Stressed the players up pretty much.

So eager to meet people and investigate the plot that they didn't even move out of town. Yeah PnP rocks! Computer-hack-slash go home :heh:

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited April 13, 2002).]

7. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Archangels. Herewith to better warn us of their descent upon already chaotic land - This is not a day to cry, however, for there is resistance against these avenging archangels, although denial is surely of no path. The octagonal and wooden platform is an infinite choice which recurs in the circle many, many times, and is vague but sharp. Its predictions ring true, although they have no truth - some even contain angels poised to either strike or grin with the yellow teeth that are shiny and white. How is this? No time to ask. Eight doors with rushing water beneath a wooden platform, a wooded hollow with dirty white snow and trudging boots - eight people, wanderers, and an animal, the only one left, travel on and here! Here they are at the octagon, but where do they go? Ah, and there is exactly where they decide. Awoken, suddenly they become, and all are one again. For the door has been chosen, not uniquely, and such the archangels pace with wicked grimaces, for uniqueness is quite evil - there must be one door for the travelers, and the nameless sky which stays never defined laughs above and below, still at the assumptions of all except that single lifeform which was last for its burning at the stake; why, then, does the sky not grimace or grin also? Although it remains grey, nay, as the landscape - which ah! Is the exact place to find its color. And the communications of the travelers serve to narrow that single doorway forthwith, such that no atmospheric monster could grin through it, nor grimace...

8. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Seems Nostradamus ambiguousity has met his match here. :book:

9. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Eventually I finished downloading a movie on kazaa :bigeyes: :roll: :spin: ... it took me 3 full weeks to finish it ... and yesterday night it stopped on 701.034 kb of 701.234 kb :toofar::mad::coffee:

10. Silverblade Guest

Well Ragusa, if you are lucky that last 200 kb only contained credits and you didn't miss anything. If you are unlucky you missed the most exiting part of the movie.

11. Corilathi Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Girls= Money and Time
    Einstien proved that Money= Time
    Girls= Money and Money
    And= Mathematical Term for times.
    Girls= Money times Money
    Girls=Money Squared
    Money= the Root of all evil,
    Girls=Evil

Ha females, take that!

12. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] 3 week download... I'm not even touching that.

SW news...

In a recent interview , Jedi Master, Ki Adi Mundi announced that Episode II is his favorite Star Wars movie. He also wanted to inform everyone that he is "not a crook." :grin:

Even better news...listen to new Star Wars music from the soundtrack for free here . Once there search for live365's AOTC soundtrack station, I typed in "Attack of the Clones" and found it alright. You then just have a simple download for their player, which doesn't take long. And bam, you're listening to new Star Wars music :).

[This message has been edited by Big B (edited April 15, 2002).]

13. PowerPuff Guest

As we all know, idleness is also the root of all evil...

That means that idleness is in fact money (which kind of wants me to give up my carrear, but that's another story).
    We should also remember that idleness is in fact an appendix to nobility. (Robert Burton)

Girls are idle, square nobles. Or; If a guy is cursed with idleness and too much time, all he can think about is girls.

I'm confused. I humbly apologize to those that fell victim to my senseless babbling...

[EDIT 20020416-0946AM:] ;) ;) ;) ;) (!)

[This message has been edited by PowerPuff (edited April 16, 2002).]

14. Eze&Sharkie Guest

Did i read a sexist comment? If it is, then
    that is VERY rude. There are ACTUALLY some women on these boards and DEFINITELY WE ARE NOT idle and square nobles, so take that.
    (Sorry for the spelling)

Ézellohar Shark,
    a woman who is PROUD of it

15. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    AGreed, Eze & Sharkie, agreed.

Ara
    (Too lazy to make a permanent sig anywhere, so I just add something odd here)

16. PowerPuff Guest

[​IMG] Ah, well... Then I suppose I got my math messed up somehow... Sorry again... ;)

PowerPuff; Fiendish Male - type Bored - not quite so proud

17. For one, Corilathi, I hate flaming anyone on the boards since it's not allowed, but there ARE a lot of girls on the boards and the way you protrude your sexistness just irritates me a lot because your "theory" is not true. I mean, that's like me going to all the guys and saying they are selfish @$$holes because all they can think about is girls and sex and other dirty thoughts. But is not entirely true because I know guys who don't think like that. Obviously if you will think that way you will not lead a very good life, since both sexes are essential to perfect our lives and turning us out is just wrong.

[This message has been edited by Shadow_Goddess (edited April 16, 2002).]

18. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31

Interesting how random rambling turned into a sexist debate. Anyways, the "love of money"is the root of all evil, not just "money." Besides, Corilathi I think you need counselling. Any guy who is strongly against women has a problem, of course, I'll keep up being against you until some women bring up a feminist debate, then you'll get someone on your side. Feminism happens to be one of my pet peeves, along with racism, ageism, and any -isms that don't relate to religions.
    PS-I am a guy, and I'm not gay (in case someone was wondering due to my above defence of women, but NOT feminists!)

[This message has been edited by Faerus Stoneslammer (edited April 16, 2002).]

19. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

There are a lot of girls on these forums? You mind defining 'a lot' please?

20. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

I dont care who the girls are on the SP boards. As far as I'm concerened is that every one has the right to post unless they didnt read the FAQ.

I find girls easier to talk to then guys. They "listen"! I talk to girls when I have magor problems and not guys. I have a few really sweet girls that will listen to me.

Thanks girls!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.