1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Post for random babbling, possibly with some sense, #3

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Apr 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I picture someone aiming a radar gun at their...erm...you know.

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Can radar track that sort of thing???
    :borg:
    :borg:
    Shura - Jebus...LOLROTFLMAO, that reminds me of a Simpsons episode when Homer gets shipped off to Polynesia to do missionary work...Hey kept yelling: "Help me Jebus, help me Jebus!!! :grin:

Other interesting things to consider:

1-Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
    (That's because we men stare at women longer, and we don't want the view broken up by those pesky blinks!) ;)

2-he first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time TV were Fred and Wilma Flintstone. (See! You learn everything you need to know from cartoons!)

3-Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than the US Treasury. (I guess that's in a non-inflationary economy!)

4-Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history:
    > Spades - King David,
    > Hearts - Charlemagne,
    > Clubs -Alexander, the Great
    > Diamonds - Julius Caesar

Is Caesar the one with the sword in his head...Always remember: Beware the Ides o' March!

5-If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle. If the horse has one front leg in the air the person died as a result of wounds received in battle. If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
    (If the horse is on top of the person, the statue is either Catherine the Great, or the person was crushed horribly! ;) )

6-What trivia fact about Mel Blanc (voice of Bugs Bunny) is the most ironic?
    He was allergic to carrots.

7-It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a
    month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply his son-in-law with
    all the mead he could drink. Mead is a honey beer and because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the honey month or what we know today as the honeymoon. (Which makes sense - after making a commitment like that, I'd prefer to be drunk for the whole next month too!!!)

3. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

this new 19inch flatscreen rules

4. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I got to go back to school tomrow. :(

5. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Have been bitching with mIRC for two hours and still can't connect to SP-chat through my firewall. *Insert loads of cursewords here*

And still wondering why. I guess nomore chat for me. Perhaps for the better since exams are coming up. :D

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited April 07, 2002).]

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Nobleman, that is not much of an excuse - there is still Java chat! So git yer ar*e in #sorcerers!!! :mad::flaming: ;)

7. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Well thx :)

Java-applet.. hehee.Well all I have been getting, is this lame little squared image with a even smaller red square a green circle and a blue triangle, when I try and load the friendly arms inn page with Java. I guess our dictatorish Networkadministrator finally wiped out the last reminences of java-applets on "his" server.

Or something has gone wrong in my computer. I am notoriously lame with computers. If I touch them, they break down, freezes or just launch a cascade of errors.

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] If computers greet you with those, I can only imagine what people do when they see you. :evil::p

9. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] I have a bad feeling about that :D

Anyway I can get mIRC to work now but what server is #sorcerers on? I better go search the dusty corners of SP :D

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31

irc.webmaster.com or chat.planetz.net

11. ArchAngel Guest

Is sockscap a free program or what? I have to write my adress and all but it doesn't mention a price? :hmm:
    http://www.socks.nec.com/cgi-bin/download.pl

The wise guys say I need it to join other servers than my own "irc.kollegie.dk", through my firewall.

12. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    A small rant concerning Harry Potter fan fiction:

Why the heck are people getting all huffy about Sirius/Harry stories? There are a billion trashy romance novels out there with an orphan girl who falls in love with her goddfather or whatever... So why do people, even those who write slash, think that Sirius/Hryy is incest? There is no blood relation, and who cares about the age gap?

*end rant mode*

I hope that wasn't out of line. If it was, I apologize.

Ara
    (Rabid SHIL shipper :))

13. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Did I miss something in the books? How is the Sirius/Harry relationship even possibly considered incest?

14. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] what is a .cab file?

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Windows cabinet file. Like zip. There are more files inside. ;)

16. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

I have to make all A's on my report card now so that I can drive. You see in the US the higher your grades the smaller inserince coverage you have to pay. If I dont make all A's or I have to pay the difference of $600 a month!

17. [​IMG] Thats alot of insurance DRSW, $600:eek::aaa: Ive only gota pay about $120 every 6 months..

---
    Random Babble
    ---

Got slaughtered by the Master of Thralls, then again by The Warden.
    Also got slaughtered by th Co. that posses Celestial Fury.
    That was annoying.

18. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

Ya and $600 is only the differince! Study study study.

19. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] As of this morning Attack of the Clones is a complete film. All visual effects are finished. Last time with TPM, it wasn't finished until like a week before release. This time they are on the ball, and it's looking great already. Prepare, for the Attack is coming! :borg: :grin: :borg:

Lol, I sound like a mad prophet or something.

*Waves his lightsaber around and cries "Death to disbelievers!"

[This message has been edited by Big B (edited April 09, 2002).]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.