1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kill Bill!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sir Belisarius, Oct 11, 2003.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Man, I just love a good Quentin Tarantino movie!!!

Kill Bill was awesome! a bloodbathy feast for the eyes! The scenery is great, and an aewsome story! I give it 5 swords!

There was oodles of gore, but the sword fight scenes are fantastic! It also ends on a great cliffhanger that will have you chomping at the bit to see Vol. 2.

2. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Hmm. So it is a clear QT film eh? The trailer had a small hint of QT in it but I was a bit doubtful as to how much of Kill Bill is original and how much just attempted mass moneymaking. Thanks Bel, I feel a bit more confident about this now.

3. Kiranos Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

it's not as complicated as pulp fiction was, a nice and cut tribute to japanese fighting movies. One of the few movies where the fighting is dirty and you can feel the pain the strikes must inflict, go see it now!

4. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] Hmm...
    I must go and watch it sometime soon...

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Kill Bill... hmm... just why did I think about gates to hell?

6. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    It's definitely worth seeing on the big screen...The fight scene with Lucy Lui is really cool. Not just the fight, but the whole scene. Easily, the last 30-35 minutes of the movie is nothing but swords and blood.

There's even a chapter that's all anime. I've always liked QT movies...It's not Pulp Fiction...But it is well worthing seeing!

PLus, I finally got to see the RoTK trailer...I think it's going to be good! But I am wondering...Will Aragorn take the paths of the Dead? There's a scene where it looks like he begins a charge with the Rohirrim...*Shudder*

Anyone heard anything about this?

7. Ashley the Drow Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Id like to see Kill Bill, Im not a big QT fan, but this movie looks really good for a blood-and-guts movie. hehe
    Besides, Uma Thurman looks really nice in that yellow jumpsuit. hehe... girls with swords, gotta love 'em! ;)

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Girls with swords :xx: :love: :spin:

9. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I heard a lot of mixed reviews from newspapers and such, but I reeeaaallly wanted to see this movie...
    So now, with several positive reviews, I might just chance it!

10. Kiranos Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

What is there to think about if you visit Sorcerer's Place regularly you will like definitely like it... ;)

11. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I saw the preview of it just the other day!
    It looks cool, but knowing my luck it will end up been an R16 and I won't be allowed to see it. I'll just have to wait and see...

12. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Sir Bel - Tarantino? You mean he finally learned how to make a movie with a decent story? Amazing!

13. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] I've liked all of QT's movies...Even Dusk til Dawn wasn't horrible...Plus, it had Salma Hayek in it!

My only complaint has been that I can't listen to "Stuck in the Middle With You" anymore without cringing...Thanks to Reservoir Dogs.

14. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Man, I hate you guys ;)
    We didn't get it until today and I'm broke :wail:

15. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

A pretty messed up movie if you ask me. However my friends and I used a different word than 'messed'
    The opening scene just, blew me away!
    I am glad he had the taste to do that one scene in animae rather than live action, good taste on his part there.
    A lot of references to the old Samuri movies, as well as The Highlander movies, the scene were the lights are off and you see dark figures against the blue?
    I believe my friend said the yellow jump suit had something to do with a Lee film as well.

16. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] The dark scene against the blue background reminded me of Luke fighting Vader at Bespin in Empire.

The yellow jumpsuit was definitely Bruce Lee all the way!!!

17. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I checked it out last night and had a mostly good reaction. The opening section was great but I felt the Japanese part went on a bit to long. I know there was talk about making only one volume instead of two. I think that cutting some of the extra stuff out would have helped move the plot along. I mean she's in Japan, she gets the sword and has her interact with the gang and then things drag for a while. I few great scenes but the pacing was a little off. Maybe QT had enough material for 1.5 movie and needed a little filler to moke it 2. I mean she has 3 villans left you spend as much time on then in Vol 2 and have a movie under 3 hours. Just my opinion.

18. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

*girl with sword pricks Chev's ego*

A QT movie with blood and gore? Have to see that.

Pulp Fiction has been restricted to me thanks to parental units, but hey, cool.

19. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I was actually somewhat leary of this one, since I've had mixed experiences with Tarantino movies. This was a genuine roll of the dice for me.

Man was I ever blown away! This movie rocked supremely! Great action, and humour which is so subtle and believable. I'm genuinely starved for the final Uma vs. Dave confrontation. 70s background tunes would sound cheesy in just about any other movie nowadays, but no so here.

"... that beautiful, blue eye of yours". :lol:

edit: A certain part makes me truly hesistant to ever make another kiss in my life. Ever.

[ October 19, 2003, 07:49: Message edited by: Beren ]

20. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I saw it yesterday and I was really surprised at how much I liked it. It has to be the most over the top non-animated gorefest that I have ever seen but definitely in a good way. It so well done that within a minute of the film starting there was a smile on my face that, except when I was flat out laughing, didn't leave until the closing credits started rolling.

I disagree with Voltric completely. There isn't a minute that I would have cut out and I am glad that I have Part 2 to look forward to.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.