1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Mobile Phones (Poll)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Arabwel, Sep 13, 2002.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I have a Nokia 5190 powered by Verizon Wireless...not much, but It was 'Top of the Line' when I got it. :rolling:

2. vonGriffin Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Nokia 9210i;

3. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Nokia 3285. I don't play games on it, and basically it's just for emergency use. If any of my friends want to get in touch with me, they know how. Oh yeah, powered by Verizon.

Frostmage, in many (public grade and high) schools here in the US, Cell Phones are illegal, so consider yourself lucky if you're allowed to carry one. I know little about the way your schools operate, though.

Big B, Nokia phones are the cheapest, that's why everyone uses them.

4. Methylviolet Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I have a Nokia 5160, with a Chinese dragon faceplate my kids bought me for Christmas. It has red and yellow swirly buttons, and a battery that flashes colored lights periodically for no apparent reason. I finally beat my daughter's score in Snake.

I give the number only to people I want to talk to at any time -- the kids' schools, my parents, etc. This is important because I often don't answer my land line, which would be irresponsible if the kids were hemorrhaging somewhere and couldn't reach me.

5. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I have a NEC DB4000 which i got second-hand from one of my uncles. But since he hardly used it it looks pretty new :heh:

[ September 15, 2002, 19:19: Message edited by: Lazy Bonzo ]

6. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

I got given an old Ericson 2 weeks ago - and I use it a lot already. But I still think that they are evil evil things. Nice to see that there are still people without them. Resist the evil!! :tie:

7. Deira Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I have a Nokia 1610 and I HATE IT!!! :mad:

8. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I bought a Nokia 3510 two weeks ago, and it rocks!!! Polyphonic ringing tones. w00t.

9. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

A Samsung SGH-NI05. 11 games, from Blackjack to Sniper to some racing game. Plus an internet browser, though Madison WI doesn't have the necessary local infrastructure for it to work. It does work back home in Chicago though.

10. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

You can say i'm old-fashioned but right now i dont really need it. It has a lot of radiation (which i already get too much from this box in front of me :D ). Plus i really dont like to be bothered all the time. :)

11. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I got a nokia, it works as great as an alarm clock! not much else though, hehe

12. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Motorola T180. It's an older phone. I don't use it very much however. I don't understand why people always want to have the latest models with the best games and such. If you want to play games you better get a gameboy or if you want to have an alarm clock, just buy a watch. I only use my mobile phone, for one thing, that is to call someone.

13. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Frostmage, I have to agree. Today's history lessons seemed to fly by, but now my hand is cramping... oh well....

Snake is Whatever's gift to bored people!

Ara
    (Hmmm.... the exclamation above ounds a lot more ominous than it should....)

14. Faded Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] Nokia 6210. It serves as a nice SMS Spam Generator and rather expensive alarm clock. I have no idea why people would want to play games on their cellphone, but I suppose it can't be any worse than watching daytime TV...

15. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Nope, I don;t have one yet, but I probably will be getting one by the bewginning of next year. I tend to drive alone a lot, which sends my family into fits, so it's basically going to be a security blanket for them, and a phone I can use to call my insurance company if my truck breaks down or blows a tire...

16. Teensabre Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

A Nokia 3310, nice model, came in a special £69.99 pack in which I got;

- Phone
    - 2 Fascias
    - Hands Free Kit
    - Charger
    - Car Charger
    - £20 Call time Voucher
    - £20 Top up Voucher
    - £5 free on registration

17. Sick curtaiN Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

My cell phone is a Nokia 8310. I know... :rolleyes: I'm still too young to carry a a phone of that model. My parents bought it for me last year. They insisted on giving it to me! Who am I to argue :grin:

*me gloats over my phone* :grin:

18. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Has anyone still got the old timing, good old fashioned Nokia 3210? cos I think i may be feeling alitle lonely here :(

19. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I have two friends who carry 3210s, Sniper ;) . One of them even bought it when it was brand new.

The vibration stopped working on my 3310. I'm getting an Ericsson soon.

[ September 18, 2002, 16:16: Message edited by: Mollusken ]

20. Xabu Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hey .. I've got 5110 AND I bought it when it was new :) ... talking about antique :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.