1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How to tell if a girl likes you...

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kovalis Darkfire, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Help out a clueless guy with some clues...post reply or just PM me, thanks in advance.

2. Ahrontil Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

More input required.

Does she know you as a friend/friend of a friend?

Have you already made some excuse to take her to one side and talk to her in private?

On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate her attractiveness and your own. (Girls with which you don't have a pup's chance in hell are always more friendly because they expect you to realise that you don't have a pup's chance in hell, and therefore won't mis-read their friendship as something else.)

Has she made some excuse to see you in private?

Any more details that you may consider to be imprortant would be welcome entertainment for both the romantic and the sadistic members of the audience. ;)

More details, please. :)

3. Modhi Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

LOL this is so true.

@ Kovalis

Dude this may sound archaic but you can always try asking her. If you really can't read the signs then this is one way of finding out. Not very subtle though. :D

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Oh, why not subtle? Just add a line or two about the uniqueness of the situation... don't forget about her own uniqueness, of course :rolleyes:

However, you must have a way with words if you want to exercise subtle diplomacy. If you're not really sure, just try to put the directness of your approach to your advantage and be natural and blunt-honest.

Remember two things:

First, diplomacy or honesty, don't expect her to tell you all what she thinks without knowing what you think. So tell her. But be brief, sometimes they yawn during this part.

Second, it's like with your neighbour's dog: in order to pass, you mustn't look scared even if you really are.

If you don't feel like a silver tongue, you might check how she reacts to 'accidental' touch contact up to the point where it's hardly accidental and she's hardly ignorant of the fact. While many others are good, the best one scenery for this is a slow dance. Start by holding her a bit closer, observe her reaction. If she seems not to have noticed, she might not have noticed anything at this point. Repeat in a short time. If you're quite sure she has noticed it's a good sign if she doesn't dump you in the middle of the dancing floor - she might not be, and most probably is not, interested but chances are you aren't on the ignore list. Now go ahead, but be subtle: rub her back gently once or twice and wait. If she withdraws, leave her be and prepare for the next time. If she repays the favour, you might hold her a bit closer yet or, contrary, use one hand to play with her hair instead of suffocating her - she should become mildly intrigued, after all most guys are into grabbing, the harder the better. At this point she also can't pretend not to notice anything or take it for friendship gesture. Her reaction will tell you what you wish to know if you pay attention. From here on you're either single or at romance stage and your present concern is over as the knowledge you desired you have gained. Let the Force be with you.

5. BigStick Gems: 13/31

Depending on how well you know her, ask her out for dinner or drinks and talk. The way I got to know my wife was to ask her if she wanted to go over to the college cafeteria for a Coke after work. After several hours of talk, she gave me her phone number when I walked her to her car.

I called her the next day and asked her out to dinner and a movie. Yeah, I know, not very original, but that's me. During the movie, I intrigued her by being a perfect gentleman and kept my hands to myself. As she had expected me to at least try to hold her hand, she was quite surprised.

This is what worked for me. :D We've been together for just about 10 years now.

6. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    For a perspective from the other side of the chromosomes (and please remember that its been 22 years since I graduated from high school)...

You won't have to always be contriving way to bump into her for a chat - she'll be doing the same thing, and your paths will "naturally" cross.

She'll be embarrassed when she "happens" to bump into you, and won't know what to say - OR she'll have something glib and flighty and stupid all prepared.

Her girlfriends will point and giggle when they see the two of you talking.

She'll laugh at your jokes.

She'll doodle your name on her books or notes.

She'll give you her IM/email/phone number.

:cool: Mars and Venus, baby, Mars and Venus...

7. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Bugger this subtle crap, spank her ass and if you don't get a slap, your in! (this is probably why I'm single)

8. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Oh well. I am a girl myself, but nobody has ever luckily tried something with me. Whew. When a girl likes a guy, she'll tell the guy straight on or just ignore him. Few individuals are known to turn stupid and idiotic, while falling in love. (Useless as hell) It's better just to screw it. Saves time, money, nerves and pain.

I know this wise person who said this: Sex is for entertainment, love is useless and marriage is stupid.

Maybe it was me.

9. trillex Gems: 13/31

I usually just try to get good friends with them, as said in an earlier post. Then after awhile when I got enough courage, I'll ask her straight out. But every girl just says that "I don't want to ruin our friendship". Which is, after my mind, the lamest thing to say. Perhaps it's just a way to tell you to back the f*ck off and other offending stuff.. I can't understand them girls.

I know tons of good relationships that's better than the most because they were good friends to start with. Ah.

10. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    We're talking about high school girls, right? If she pays any attention to you at all, you have a very good shot.

Just start up a conversation with her. If she's interested in you, she'll keep the conversation going. Otherwise, the minute the main subject of your conversation is over, she'll look away or start talking to someone else.

That should give you a pretty good idea of where you stand. If not, Morningstar's idea should definitely be plan B. ;)

11. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

LOL, I know a few guys who does that. It's cool to watch, they get "stomped" every time.

Back to topic, I really don't know how to tell if a girl likes you, but if you like her, it's getting easier to find it out. Then you'll just ask her for a date. But, if you don't like her I'm clueless...

12. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

No offense to feminist, but most women are animals of submission. If she exposes her neck to you or shows you the inside of her arms and wrists, she is at the very least attracted to you.

Like? Hmm...well, that is sorta particular to the women. Some women treat men they "like" like total ****. Some don't wear underwear and aim a Sharon Stone leg cross at you. The nice ones do the leg cross thing. Really nice ones.

13. Silverwolf86 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Wow. I would just like to say that I find this all HIGHLY amusing. For instance if Morningstar tried his approach on me he'd be kneed so fast he'd ****ing himself. :angel: So far I reccommend BigStick's method but as for knowing if she likes you. . . Well here's a list that are common symptoms.

1.She'll probably have your name doodled all over the place (key places being her notebooks, folders, notes she passes to friends and if she likes milky pens, then your initials may even wind up on her hand. . .)

2.She stares at you whenever she thinks you're not looking (and when you turn to see what on Earth she's doing she'll pretend to be watching the teacher or doing something else)

3. She "accidentally" gets lost so you can give her directions

4. She'll always be around your locker (probably surrounded with her friends "talking" but their lockers are on the other side of the school.)

5. If you mention to her that you like skateboarding (or skiing or whatever else) she'll probably say that she also likes skateboarding (or that she likes watching it) even if she doesn't. **ditto on many music bands, books, and other activities. You can tell if she doesn't really like it if she knows nothing about the subject (like cheering at the wrong times during a football game or if you ask what part in a book was her favorite she'll start floundering)

6. If you make it well known fact that you want to take a certain class (or after school activity) she'll sign up for it as well just to be around you (even if she's completely terrible at it or doesn't really like it -- a good example of this is if you're really into drama and she's not but she knows you are. She might try out for the play even though she has no experiene, does horribly at her auditions and is afraid of performing. Then when she doesn't make the part she might do Tech Crew instead.

7. She'll try to scope out your friends and get them to like her, just as her friends will suddenly be friendlier towards you and about 3 times as gigglier.

8. She might try to get her best friend to ask about which dances you're going to and if you have a date yet. The problem with this is, it can be hard to tell if the girl herself is asking or if her friend is (Definitely do not mix up the two or their entire group of friends will hate you forever.)

Several notes before putting this lesson to the test: If you like her, you may think she is doing these things when she's not, so make sure you're not imagining it. Also, it might be hard to tell if it's her or her best friend that likes you so pay close attention to activity, music, etc. type things. And if you like a girl but can't tell if she likes you go tell one of her friends that you like her but you don't want to do anything if she doesn't like you back. They'll usually tell you the truth under such circumstances (make sure that you mention you like her first) and even if the girl doesn't like you, they'll be pretty good about keeping the secret (You might want to be careful which friend you ask though.) And lastly, just because she doesn't like you in her own doesn't mean she's not willing to give you a chance and might end up liking you anyways so feel free to ask her out even if she doesn't follow "the list."

Anyways, hope that helps you out!

14. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Personally I always look at their crotch first. Wear tight jeans.

15. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

lol there was a girl today at school who didnt wear underwear and sat across from me and was wearing a skirt...and didnt close her legs :D

back to the topic...this is highschool right?
    good i have experience there

first off ask one of her friends that you trust if she likes you( this is optional, i dont do it)

second start talking to her in class and stuff
    if she leaves the class check out her notebook if she likes you your name will be all over the inside of it

then after more talking etc. just ask her out

thats what i do most of the time and it works for me...or maybe its my 6-pack and the fact that i never wear a shirt, o well either way it works for me

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    It may be a cultural thing, but to the best of my knowledge this only works for total kids (below 12) or girls who have other good qualities than mental ones. Also, a fairly secretive one will avoid the mention of your name like of that of the devil. She will have some such material if she's infatuated with you, but not so readily apparent. I would just stick to any visibly unnatural behaviour other than concealing disgust (as rare as gentlemen, but ladies still exist).

And, for goodness's sake, don't use any friends as proxies to ask her anything.

17. Ahrontil Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] In general I agree, no proxies. The last thing that a girl (girl B) wants to see is her mate (girl A - aka the target) getting fixed up when she is still boyfriendless.

If gooseberryhood is imminent then said girl (girl B) will run 'interference' for her mate (making it appear to be in her mate's best interest, of course).

You would then definitely have to run the 'Gauntlet of Giggling Gertys'. It is a formidable challenge, and the only way through is to lap up all the attention. Many otherwise brave men will cut their losses and run at this point.

The target of your affections will also be punished with a severe ribbing, which will be ‘all your fault’. This will ensure that she remains within the coven (and thinks of you as a big-mouthed prat for going to her 'friend' instead of just talking to her).

If she is a friend-of-a-friend then proxies are a little less risky, but all is fair in love and war. Many a bloke has lost a potential (and sometimes actual) girlfriend to his so-called 'best friend'.

All potential risks should be minimised by running a few highly detailed computer generated simulations that deal with all possible factors affecting plausible outcomes. Detailed Simulations should also be run of methods of Rapid Extraction if the outcomes are unfavourable.

For example:

'Would you like to go out with me?'

Format = Answer: Rapid Extraction

‘Yes.’ : Either name a movie/date/time OR say 'I'll call you'
    then withdraw to extraction point immediately.

‘Maybe’ : Name a movie/date/time AND say 'I'll call you'
    then withdraw to extraction point immediately.

‘I don’t mind’ : This means yes. See above.

‘I don’t care’ : This means No (with a capital N, see below,
    but expect heavy losses).

‘No’ : If you can think of something to say within the
    next three seconds that isn’t crass, stupid or insulting,
    then you are a natural, and don’t need any help. If not,
    then get to work soldier, be prepared or be defeated.

Start by giving this Operation a name, and continuously perfect it until it can be executed at a moment’s notice. It may be necessary to change the ultimate target at the last minute, and the operation should be tactically robust enough to cope with this possibility.

An effective strategy should be able to be deployed against several targets (sometimes simultaneously) without undue injury being sustained by the operative.

Please submit all plans to HQ for final approval, and, in light of the dangers that you may face, I think it would be best if you go to the straight to the armoury right now. You should be packing personal protection at all times.

:borg: :borg: :borg: :borg:

18. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] There are a hundred things I'll never understand. They are all women. When you finally think you understood a part of 'feminal thinking', it once again turns out you're wrong. There simply is no 'feminal thinking', it seems. There's only feeling. Once you understand that, you're ready to hunt, or most probably already dead and burried. :D Keep that in mind when you found a girl.

Serious now,
    according to Spikey (Notting Hill) women love grey underwear. So get a nice colorless slip and show your muscles at the entrance of your home.

Really serious now,
    Keep looking at her eyes, not the ones between her shoulders, but the ones above her nose. Do you see sparklings? Then try to chat up and show interest in what she says. Most men love to talk about themselves and show little interest in the person who they're after. (Men are quite stupid, but at least I understand them.)
    Don't force yourself to do things, though. Don't make jokes if nothing funny comes to mind. They might laugh, simply because they like you, but get the impression you're quite stupid and dump you later.

Nothing really to add. Just being annoying, today. :o

19. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Bluin, according to my experience, every answer apart from "Yes" means "No". So, if she does not say "Yes", I'd advise to get out of there, lest you will get a serious psychological or even physical trauma.

Hell, I'm 26 and I still can't tell if a girl likes me or not.

20. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

[​IMG] that's because you haven't spanked them. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.