1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #12

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Aug 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I sense a great presence of force in you, but you are not a Jedi yet.

Coffee, coffee is the true medium of Force.

:coffee: :coffee:

Let the Schwartz be with you! I'm leaving soon... less than twelve hours from now, as indicated by respective topic in SS.

2. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Well, me is back in good ole Estonia. Been listening to Rammstein and Him. Both rock. Metallica too.

I suck so much and I miss Ara and Harkle. Oh well. 496 days to go.

3. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm going to the Red Room tonight for drinks! It's a posh, hipster, yuppie hangout in my town. I hear it's a good time....

I'm betting, however, that it's cliquey and pretentious...

4. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

WooHoo! Number 283, i am so fast... oh, wait, we aren't taking count anymore...

*Yawns**Stretch* Eh... it's too early for this (5:11 pm) Dailup sucks, can't wait to get back home from this 3-day weekend...

5. SoCo Gems: 9/31

dman, why would you want to be first? Remember, first is the worst, 2nd is the best?

6. dman18 Gems: 9/31

Third is the one with the hairy chest... which obviously ain't you, and yes, this is coming from a guy.

7. SoCo Gems: 9/31

Why whats wrong with this coming from a guy?

8. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

I'm sick. Ate too much chips.... :(

9. dman18 Gems: 9/31

Sorry, paranoia from my school, don't ask...

/me goes and rocks back and forth in a corner...

10. Gwenhwyfar Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Ugg. I hate school. I have 20 vocab words to define and use in sentences by Tuesday... Long words from the "I Have A Dream" speech we're reading in class, too. >.<

[ August 30, 2003, 00:55: Message edited by: Gwenhwyfar ]

11. dman18 Gems: 9/31

Ha, i feel sorry for you. Every Friday we have a quiz in L.A. over 20 new words from To Kill A Mockingbird, and we also have any words from the previous weeks on it too, its terrible. 20 words, good, 40 words, fine with it, 60 words, ok, 80 words, getting a little high, 100 words, cut us some slack, 120 WORDS... Brain... about... to... explode...

12. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I still remember lots of that stupid crap from my school times. Not long ago, anyway. Most of those are made solely to keep your hands from being idle, give the impression that your education is being taken care of, and insult your intelligence, the last probably not being intended. What about 100 freaking equations all almost identical only with one or two numbers or operators changed? Not that humanistic ones can't be boring. I remember switching the sequence of paragraphs in old assignments for 'new' assignments, too. At least you're native speakers and aren't expected to participate actively in elementary level English courses no matter what (e.g. you don't speak better than the teacher but still have to do 100 instances of Present Simple vs Present Continous for, like, the next day and you don't get lower marks for using words or expressions that 'have not been done yet' or aren't known to the teacher).

13. Silverwolf86 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

@ Chev, yes that would suck but at least you didn't have to do Wordly Wise... (Vocab notebooks) And I had this evil 8th grade English teacher (she hated my guts and told me that I was too descriptive in a description essay. . .) and she actually got the meaning of several words wrong so I had to go the dictionary like 9 times and show her what the words really meant... hmm that might be why she hated me. And Wordly Wise is wicked stupid because it has words like "beautiful" and "dolt" for 8th graders. I remember in 3rd grade when beautiful was one of our spelling words so I think we had to have already known the definition. :rolleyes: I never learned anything from those vocabulary exercises. I did have fun putting the words into sentences though. Things like, "Mrs. Grimley was so busy writing on the chalkboard that she didn't even notice when an avalanche swept into her room, burying her students and stopping only a few feet behind her." Hmm, yeah I guess I get why she didn't like me. Creativity is so underappreciated.

Wordly Wise, wordly wise, every week we must face you
    Thin blue books, with words like 'cooks' oh how we all hate you...
    Bunches of words every week we must face
    To our disgrace and humiliation.
    Wordly Wise, my demise. Oh how we despise you.
    ~My class wrote that up to the tune of Edelweiss from the Sound of Music. Good song that

14. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I got broadband! How good is that? I usually log on at my dad's work though, so not that much of an advantage. Still, broadband. What a novelty.

Gotta do some work later, but until then, im looking up crap on the net.

Have fun.

15. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Ive got a hangover.

Boo!

16. Gwenhwyfar Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Evilness.
    I have to rewrite my essay on what my dream is because I used examples like we were told to. Just becasue my examples are from the Wiccan Rede shouldn't mean I have to rewrite it... >.<

17. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    The only English classes I have ever liked or felt even partuially challenged were the obnes held by a former teacher (and crush) of mine, where you would never be bored or less-than-confused. His first class was the first English class since, well, ever that I didn't get full marks ion, but I must point out that he used a grading system differing from the official one so my "8" was supposedly the equivalent of a non-pre-IB "10"....

Damn, I miss that guy!

I am also quite happy that I got myself free of English classes for this year at school :D The firsty course I'll skip, the second I will just get the material and do the exam, no presence required.

What I dread are the SWEDISH classes...

18. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Oh yeah, we aren't learning any English in our school either. The class is too easy.

And yeah, swedish sucks major a$$. It does.

Why don't they teach Finnish in place of Russian? Would be useful atleast, even if I can grasp the language already.

19. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *hugs Eze*

There, there....

I wonder why they teach Sweden here as well... it's freaking compulsory! *shakes head*

20. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Sweden is the neighbour country of Finland, right? I think it happens in a lot of countries, that they teach languages of the neighbour countries in school. Here in Holland they teach German and French in high school (and English of course). France isn't really a neighbour country, but because Belgium doesn't have a real language of it's own, I think they just skipped them and went to see what other country is closest to Holland.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.