1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #12

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Aug 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Faculty meetings all day today - how exciting is that, neh?

Oh yeah - I am FINALLY getting my Master's Thesis underway - after a long and stressful summer of deciding upon a thesis topic, it is finally done, and my committee is set up. Hooray for me - the end is in sight!

2. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] It's my birthday in 4 days wooooooooooop :D

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] That's not a nice thing to call your sister! :p

I'm lucky - Odessy is a laptop so I can bring him over when I'm on Esion.

gonna be playing PS:T - want to find ALL the quests! Yipee! last time I went through it too quickly. Going to have to play it religiously though, don't want to keep the game *too* long

4. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I'm not insane.

No, wait.
    Maybe I am.
    Well, I think I am... a little.
    To tell the truth, I'm insane. Yes, I'm insane, that's for sure.

I'm insane.
    I'm insane.
    I'm insane.
    I'm insane.

Am I insane doctor?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

5. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

It's about status, I think. You know, you get to be the number one spammer of a thread with 510 spam replies :D

6. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

So then I'm of greater status than you? :p

7. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

One more post to the next gem!

BTW, whcich is the next gem?

8. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

This touching song will simultaneously make you say

"Awww, how cute!"

and

"Ewww... nasty."

The Red Panda's love song.

Don't worry, it's not guts or butts or crap or dead bodies or ugly naked people. It's just very, very, VERY... odd.

9. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Alex the next gem is the 13th one :p
    I think it's red...
    *Checks the faqs*
    Drat!
    I was wrong
    It's the Ziose.

10. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

@Arabwel: Ara-my-love!!! I surely missed you!! Sorry I couldn't answer in the previous RB thread.
    /me hugs Arabwel

11. Rotku

O, I'm getting a new bow tomorrow!
    A Compound Bare Bow, 45 pound, with a draw lenght of...something.
    Why does everything have to be measured in that stupid imparial system :rolleyes:

12. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Spiritus quidem promptus est, sed caro infirma. I'll probably have to lay my body to rest, 1:30 am. Hmmm... I'm getting old. Apparently.

13. Silverwolf86 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Gone for 5 hours and look what happens!! They opened a new RB thread!! *panics and searches all previous messages for clues* Oh... nothing really happened. Ah well back to Baldur's Gate for me then.

14. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Stupid English Assignment. I have to do an in depth look into the Great Gatsby and write on what influenced the author to write on the money and social class. And how it was impacted upon by American Society in the 1920's. I dont even LIKE america, why do i need to write an essay on it.

Lazy, How old will you be?

15. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Hmph - sounds pretty easy to me... Have fun!

I'm not much of a Fitzgerald fan, but i do like The Great Gatsby - the man had a crazy life and a crazy wife!

Interesting Fitzgerald fact - Ol' Fitzy has more scholarly work (books & articles, etc.) done on him than any other American author.

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The spam is strong in this one...

17. Silverwolf86 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Oh hey! I just did a report on the Great Gatsby maybe 5 months ago!! I actually liked that book compared to many of the others I've been forced to gag on in the past *cough choke Catcher in the Rye gag* Now I'll have to go look up what I said in it... Oh right! I did it on how the entire book led up to the end where he has his epiphany and realizes that he can't stand the corruption and "carelessness" (as he called it, I would call them evil) of Tom and Daisy and all the others.

But I dunno, the paper doesn't sound too hard. Just write how there seems to be a whole tense atmosphere to everything. Like everyone wants to live it up because they're afraid and so there's this veil of deception and underneath is that corruption and fear. This is because (historically) they'd just gotten out of WW1, were all afraid of the possibility of WW2 and so were determined to kick it up and live life to its "fullest" (ie roaring 20s, constant meaningless parties, affairs etc) And I'd give you stuff on Fitzgerald but it's pretty easy to look up and draw conclusions.

Good luck with it!! (And here's to hoping you never have to read Catcher in the Rye)

Edit: I just got my new gem!! It's so pretty!!! :D

18. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Silverwolf, i loved that book. I had to read it for school, but i enjoyed it. i was surpised.

[ August 23, 2003, 07:04: Message edited by: SoCo ]

19. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31

@Silverwolf: Did you see the movie, "The Great Gatsby?" It's awesome! I mean, when I had to do a project on it, we read the book and saw the movie at the same time. And while some elements were missing from the conversion, it's simply amazing. Robert Redford was in it, when he was younger, of course, Mia Farrow plays Daisy, and she got her down so completely. And Sam Waterson is in it, you know, the Law and Order Assistant D.A. Wonderful movie.

20. SoCo Gems: 9/31

DG, i never knew they had a movie of it.
    I wonder if the people in the movie would look how i thought they would, from reading the book. Is it any different then the book? any changes? different ending?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.