1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Superpowers, abilities, items even. What would you have?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Foradasthar, Jan 24, 2003.

1. Ulicus Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

"Some sort of "communicate with animal kingdom" ability would be good as well."

That lost all credibility when Eddie Murphy started doing it.

I'd like the power of Groundhog day at will. I.e. I can try out every different possible combination of a day so that I get it right, then I can move on to the next day. It would have also saved me a hell of a lot of embarressment back in Year 10...

Course I think its funny now.

2. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

"Timestop" would be incredible, give me a chance to do homework without missing out on a day, or sleep.

3. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Yerril ... fragrancing??? You want the orcs to know how sweet you smell as you chop their arms off? :confused:

As for me ... this is a tough one. Part of my mind is thinking "What minor seeming power could I have that would actually turn out to be the biggest power of all???" Like Magneto ... who'd a thought the Master of Magnaitivity would be such a butt-kicker.

Being more myself, I think I'd want a power from the "Rhapsody" Trilogy from Elizabeth Haydon. Achmed has a path-finding ability. He can look down any road and see where it will end up. I'd like the ability to do that with choices. "If I decide to take this job / move to this house / eat this hot-fudge sunday" what will the results be. Then I could see various possible futures and groom my decisions to fit the future I think would be best.

There would be a few combat applications to this power also I guess, just so I can live long enough to enjoy the future I've seen (if I strike his leg, what will the counter-strike be ... seeing that instantly and being able to respond in combat would be a little advantage!)

4. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

heh, if living somewhere where sheep are abundant and chicks aren't, you would need daily use of a certain special ability - a spell of creepyness.

On casting, the caster is given:
    cloak of rain protection (a wax jacket, so as to look inconspicuous when out in a field);
    boots of grounding (wellington boots) and;
    racket of cursed tennis playing (a stringless racket).

Think about it, as i don't want to have to explain it in detail. I think i probably would get kicked if i did that.

5. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Time Stop,for everything from school exams to your girlfriend :D

6. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Just thought of another one, a great gift without which we would all have destroyed our game copies in sheer frustration...

The reload function. What bliss.

Kill ya teacher, then reload. Ask out a sex goddess, fail, reload. Fail your exams, reload!

[ January 27, 2003, 18:52: Message edited by: Sir Yerril of Morningmist ]

7. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Heh, that's probably the best one yet Yerril ;)

"That was fun, let's do it again!"

/reload.

:D

8. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Ever see the movie Ground Hog Day? You'd be living that.

Yerril ... that is much better than Fragrance!

9. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Not exactly, seeing how he'd be in control of the reload ability, unlike in "GroundhogDay" where the protagonist is subjected to it.

10. Mauricio Eiji Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

Invulnerability (and I mean the real stuff, not with any "kryptonite" or any other weakness). Or maybe teleport.
    Just Imagine how cool it would be, nothing can destroy you, you don't have to breathe, you don't have to eat, you can't die, you can be in the center of an atomic explosion and it doesn't even scratch you. You don't get sick. One bad thing is you don't get drunk, but that's ok.
    And teleport? How cool is that? "Oh, today I feel like having lunch in Paris" <<tzzzz>> "Here I am". Or maybe: "this class is boring I wanna go to club I wonder if the clubs in (anywhere) are good" <<tzzzz>>, really cool.

[ January 27, 2003, 22:08: Message edited by: Mauricio Eiji ]

11. Ulicus Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

"Kill ya teacher, then reload. Ask out a sex goddess, fail, reload. Fail your exams, reload!"

*Looks really rejected by forum and whines like baby*

I SED THAT ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME! 'Groundhog day at will' constitutes it pretty much I believe.

Lol, I'm not really that bitter... *Plots to overthrow and kill everything in retaliation*

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Hmm :hmm:

I would like to have psionic abilities, manipulating minds and energies would be so cool, telekenisis, divining, flaming, mind reading, levitaion. The works...

Failing that the ability to go borrowing. Bored one day? lie down in your bed and go into the minds of animals and people going round and doing what you'd like.

There isn't an English word for it, but I believe the proper word is - Kilmangri.The ability to shapeshift into a fictional character in your imagination. however it would only work if you knew sufficient amounts of knowledge about the person or you would be stuck between the two unable to change back.

Failing any of these I would simply like to create dimensional rifts nd able to go and rule Chirofen, as is my destiny :hippy:

13. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Imoen :)

14. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Either "Sleep" (mage level 1) or "Silence: 15' Radius" (priest level 2).

For those times when the downstairs neigbors won't shut the hell up at four in the morning - yes, I do actually try to sleep at night!

15. Mauricio Eiji Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

Oh, yeah. I just remembered another cool ability to have, Omniscience!
    Yeah! You know it all, every thing thing that has ever happened, is happening or will happen, you know it! Taking over the world is just easy when you already know all the things you gotta do to get there. Bwah-hah-hah-hah-hah!!! :evil:

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I want a crystal skull, they rule! Psionics sounds very nice too...

17. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Teleportation or the ability to read minds.

18. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Teleportation... common... go into a bank... rob it... and dissapear without ever getting caught...

19. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    [​IMG] Str 18/00 .... or controlling mind and that reload stuff! wonderfull!!!

Having the ability to: NO TO DO ALL YOUR IMPORTANT SCHOOL HOMEWORK AT THE VERY LAST MINUTE....

20. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] You mean... homework should be done Before the last minute? :eek:

I really want a tail :spin: (People alredy think I'm mad, this shouldn't stir up too much... i hope)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.