1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Cradle of Filth

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Ancalìmon, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Does anyone know this band? It's black metal, and I love them! Their songs are full of great solo's, lots of melody and emotion! Now I know most people will immediatly think 'eeeuw!' when looking at their rather aggressive name, but their music isn't that aggresive. And, what do you think of the metal genre overall?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 3 question(s). 23 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Cradle of Filth (23 votes.)

Do you know this band? (Choose 1)
    * yes - 70% (16)
    * no - 30% (7)

If so, do you like them? (Choose 1)
    * I already said I didn't know them!! - 26% (6)
    * They are awful! - 4% (1)
    * They're okay - 35% (8)
    * They're fantastic!! - 35% (8)

And what do you think of Metal music overall? (Choose 1)
    * Awful, awful, awful!!! - 13% (3)
    * It's okay . - 26% (6)
    * Great! Love it! - 61% (14)

2. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Pretty good when there is rhytm and sound to match the words -like in other genres. E.g. Nightwish.

3. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I have little doubt that very, very few people on SP know Cradle of Filth.

I am sure a good portion of them (including me) knows of them, though.

I like some metal, but I just can't see why I would want to listen to music by a band with the name "Cradle of Filth". Besides, I don't like the more direct, spooky, black-color metal (I'm thinking stuff like Slipknot or whatever here). I do like some of the more "emocore" bands, though. They are fairly heavy, with good screaming. Think Hopesfall, or ZAO if you know of them.

4. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

I like metal but not black/death metal. I can't stand the vocals but I have to admit that there are some black metal bands, like Bal Sagoth and Tiamat, who play great music. As for the Crandle of Filth, they are simply awful.

5. Kiranos Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I can't really stand the singers voice in Cradle of Filth.

And as I see it Metal is a very important genre as it is discussing and portaying important questions of this world, POP is just teenage angst or middle age angst about not being a teenager anymore *Kyle*

6. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

Well, I can understand you don't like the singer but their music is very emotional and strong, you should try and listen to one of their songs!

7. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I love the instrumentals in Cradle of Filth's stuff and it can come across as very powerful! As for Dani Filth ... well like most people, he has his good and bad songs

8. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

hmm, well COF have done a bit of a guns and roses, in the way that dani filth is the only original band member still there. to my mind this has diminished the quality of their material somewhat.

Also, in comparison to Dimmu Borgir their orchestral stuff is rather lacking as they don't tend to use an actual orchestra but use synthed stuff.

9. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

Hmm, possible. In my opinion, they still make great music, even without some band members.

10. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

I love that band, especially the cover song "Hallowed be thy name"! It rocks :D
    Yeah, the vocalist has kinda special voice, but you'll get used to it :D

11. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31

Spudsquisher: very few philharmonics (sp) are prepared to record / tour with a black metal band. As i recall, Dimmu Borgir had real problems getting an orchestra to record with them on Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia.

I really like COF. I sometimes have to be in the right mood to listen to them, but when i do, they are great. Dani can be a little git at times though, so i hear.

12. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

My sister got them as wallpaper on her computer. They look disgusting !!! And she's still angry at me, because of my insulting remarks. :D :D

Ahh, give me back my Brittney Spears fan-girl of sister. :D

[ June 10, 2003, 19:06: Message edited by: Yago ]

13. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

[​IMG] *BAH* listen to blues. :mad: :p

14. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I LOVE COF But I realy hate there latest album it just sucks! The worst song is that new single, I just don't get the clip! (So Glad for the madness, so what?).

Well There was one cool song on the new album called: Manequin.

I loved Midian, Dusk and Her Embrace, VEmpire and From the cradle to enslave... Dani Has a great voice and I hope the next album won't be such a big disapointment....

and by the way, Spudsquisher, Paul is an original member to :) Don't forget him!!!

Another thing: BOC, Tiamat is NOT black metal :) (But they rule!)

15. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] I don't like Black/Death Metal. Or Metal in general. The whole attitude/image that goes with it is beyond me too. Cradle of Filth however, are one of the exceptions. I don't have their albums, but I really don't mind when someone else puts them on.

Emo all the way :)

16. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

@SleepleSS

Maybe not any more but when they began, they were a black/death metal band.

17. Danj Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

How come everyone hates COF's new album?!?!?!? BLOODY HELL! Yes, they sold out but I reckon this is their best album ever! Well second best. Nothing can compare to "Midian". Being a very big fan of COF I am very outraged! FEEL THE ANGER! :flaming: :mad:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.