1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fears

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by 8people, Jul 14, 2002.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I haven't seen this opic before and did a search for it.

But I was wondering - what are you really terrified of? I hat Injections and stuff like that, ok, the mention of it has made me feel funny,. ? m

Sorry i just fell over, so what are you afraid of?

2. I'm afraid of Dudette's mom.

3. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Snakes. Scare the sh*t out of me.

4. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Spiders, heights, and Padine the Paladin's punctuation.

5. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

[​IMG] Cockroaches - damn things should be eradicated!!

6. Methylviolet Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Christians.

I know that most of them are harmless, but I have some bad experiences that left lasting emotional scars.

Just saying it sent cold shivers down my back.

7. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

[​IMG] Insects in large numbers. 1, 2, 6, 50 bugs don't scare me but imagine a million ants enveloping the ground, chasing you. I imagine anybody would be scared.

8. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I'm with you on the cockroaches, Vukodlak. I also can't stand needles. I tried to disembowel the doctor that pierced my ears, and that was voluntary!

Okay, so I really need to learn how to check the spelling of people's usernames before hitting the Reply button.

[This message has been edited by Stefanina (edited July 15, 2002).]

9. Morkai Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My house

8 dogs...11 cats...20 fish... scary

well not the fish

but the dogs

try to sneak in late at night

you'll almost loose a foot

or an arm

10. Forashi Guest

I've lived 7 years out of my life in the woods (not just a damn park, in woods... -> 10km to nearest town). I've been in the Finnish army 9 months (a lot of it is spend in the woods). But I've always hated bugs. I can't eat if there's a damn bug flying around. Let alone get some sleep. That's the reason I love spiders, as long as they keep their webs small enough and don't roam around. They DO catch bugs quite well. My present apartment is in Finnish capital city 12 stories high. There are no bugs there.

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Don't you always find that being scared of something is for silly reasons - or the things you are afraid odf are silly?

It's like many are afraid of snakes and spiders, they are harmless and condem them on appearence, I personnally :love: Love:love: snakes and spiders and people think I'm wierd, though that may not be the only reason...

I am also afraid of losing things

12. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I'm scared of snakes a little. I will NOT touch one ever. I used to not even be able to see them in real life or tv. Now i just am a little scared.

But my major fear is going shoe shopping with my mother when I have no idea what shoes i want and being dragged round every shoe shop in my home town, and the next nearest town :cry: it was sheer hell :cry:

[edit] Oh and i also get scared when like it's dark and late at night and i hear a strange noise (normally an insect or something squeeking) and my imagination makes me dart round my house diving past every landing holding some heavy object, just in case. A burglar's going to really get it sometime :grin:

[This message has been edited by Lazy Bonzo (edited July 15, 2002).]

13. 8people

Media:
    I held a Royal Python when I was five, my Dad had to help me though because it was too big for me to hold on my own

14. Oblate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

spiders, i know it's stupid.

examination, i'm just a little pale.

concerts, when i have to play guitar my knees get weak, or when i play a false note on my violin my entire body shivers.

speech, when someone's holding a microphone under my nose and i'm not prepared.

15. Eze&Sharkie Guest

I have terrible fear of snails and bugs. OK, little flies,ants and bees are normal, but I am terrified of others. Once i saw a dream with very big snail in it and i was not able to sleep normally for next 2 days.

16. Aziraphale Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I'm afraid of getting all old and loosing my mind.
    Going demented or turning into a vegetable.

I think i'd rather be dead than like that.
    So really i'm afraid of dementia.
    Even if it wasn't me suffering from it, but a loved one, I would hate it.

17. Sirdan Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] growing up

18. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I'm very afraid of snakes, as a little kid I used to have nightmares about them. Oh, and fire, I'm scared that I might get burns (really bad ones)

19. Kill_Lexington Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Being a monk I tend to face that which I fear before it affects me but one thing that
    still scares the daylight out of me is the last words my grandfather say'd before he passed on.I still get nightmares about them 5 years later.

20. 8people

Media:
    Monk?!?!

Anyway, I am now officially scared of heights

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.