1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Nervous habits

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Rotku, Aug 5, 2003.

1. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

If I'm alone I start walking up and down.
    If I'm in company a just speak more than usual, and that means that I speak really A LOT. :p

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    As a seasoned #sorcerers veteran, I can only nod :D

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I tend to fidle with my rings... I do it when nevous, or when talking with people and being bored.... That, and playing with any other objects I hacve close at hand.

4. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

I chew on my tongue. odd huh.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  5. Ilona Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I play with items that are close to me, if none I'm looking around, moving my chair, tapping my feet... I'm very annoying when I'm nervous

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I usually end up damaging myself :hmm:
    I usually do strange things with my hands when I'm nervous, like bending my fingers backwards or dislocating my thumb. I usually sit hunched over. I sometimes chew plastic things as well. Usually I burn myself on things or hit myself or something though.

7. Gwenhwyfar Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

If I'm sitting, I swing my foot back and forth. If I'm standing, I bounce from foot to foot. And I bite my nails.

8. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I really don't get that nervous anymore. Ever since I started debating 4 years ago, all four years of which I've been third speaker (totally impromptu speaking), nervousness loses its novelty. Now I just get impatient and sometimes tap my foot. However, I do get an adrenaline rush and I can't stop my hands from shaking.

Otherwise, I just keep cool on the outside and wait. It helps.

9. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I yawn. Sometimes in exams I can barely see the page in front of me for all the yawning.

10. Danj Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I usually just crack my knuckles or any other part of my body but there are times when I'll fiddle with things or tap my fingers on any available surface.

11. Dreads Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I have a painful habit of clawing up my skin when I'm nervous.

12. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

how do you manage that dread?

my habits are chewing my nails, tapping my foot(not like an old woman, just like sitting down i keep moving my heel up an down) and finally cracking my knuckles

13. Troll Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I unconciously become manic, and appear to take nothing seriously. I bounce around the place like a circus clown on speed. If I was placed in front of a firing squad I would probably incessantly try to extract every ounce of dark humour out of the situation, right up until FIRE!

It is probably a self defence mechanism, and it is so effective that the only way that I am able to realise that I am nervous is if I see the adrenaline triggered tremors in my hands. They work a bit like the tremors that the Captain in Saving Private Ryan had, you aren't afraid, but your subconcious switches on all the 'fight or flight' engines anyway.

I don't mind, manic feels sooo good, but it is an annoying habit for those caught in the same boat as a lunatic that is suggesting that swimming with sharks can't be that much different from swimming with dolphins...

Edit: Hymn To The Fallen, the instrumental theme from Saving Private Ryan is on the radio, freaky.

[ August 18, 2003, 09:23: Message edited by: Gollem ]

14. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    When I'm impatient and nervous I get the habit of rapidly tipping with my foot on the ground, that's called "wibbeln" around here ... ;)

15. Silverwolf86 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I'm a little like Gollem when I get nervous except that I ususally also start talking and babbling nonstop. Like if say I was doing something "dangerous" (something to make me nervous) that was going to last several hours without really heigtening then I'd just be talking constantly and making jokes a lot even though I'm not that funny and I NEVER make jokes usually. But if it was something that was heigtening and not long term then I'd babble but I'd get faster and higher pitched the more nervous/upset I got until no one could understand me at all. Asjdlksajdkadjwldakjsk!!! Exactly. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.