1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

No Doubles

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jul 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Actually I think a good level draining would have been a nice reprocussion for all the folks that double posted in the past. Hmmm...I wonder if I ever did in my infancy? Glad I burned all that evidence. *slowly repeats to himself: the world must never know, the world must never know...*

Ok, off to try double posting...and back again reporting gleefully that I have failed. Good job Taluntain :cool:

[This message has been edited by Crawl (edited July 11, 2001).]

2. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

what happens, must try
    SPAM

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Tal, my problem (rare of course).

Sometimes I would like to revive (bring to top) an old thread - but last one posted there was me!

Because of this non-two posts hack I can't do it. What should I do?
    1. Register under lame new nick just for that?
    2. Ask someone in chatroom to make a post instead of me?
    3. Open a new thread and inside put a link to an older one?
    4. Something I'm not aware that can be done?

Tal, I'm asking this for serious reason - I'm not asking this to revive not important threads just to abuse the boards.
    I found something interesting - and I can't bring the thread back! :eek:

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Yea, I was aware that it would eventually come to this, but not very often. Lame double posts probably outweigh meaningful ones 1000 to 1 so it wasn't a hard decision. As for your query, don't register anew just for this. I could install a hack that would allow mods to bring a certain topic on top of the list, but that wouldn't help you much either, you'll have to mail or ask one of the mods in any case, so you might as well ask someone else to reply in it and bring it up...

5. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Now all you need is a hack to prevent spams. Heh.

6. Heyhey, all you happy members of the munchkin club!! I am proud to report that I have been named a munchkin once by the great ruler himself, however it was not through double posting, but making a joke out of Tal's double post. I only double posted once, because I'm lawful good!!

Haha! I'm lawful goooo-oood, I'm lawful goooo-oood! No double posting!

*Runs off singing "We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Amn..."*

7. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hmm, I have a theory that could allow double posts to occur, but in a more vandal-esque way.

8. herf Guest

the voices tell me i must eat blue fluff

/me eats blue fluff

9. DarkHunterz Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Is it just my computer that doesn't show /me or /me doesnt work on this forum? and if it doesn't work on this forum, why the heck do i see so many of them??

(just an anther Whatnot, stupid idiea i have stuck in my head, its bothering me too) :D (man my head hurts) (too much thinking i think)

Bam!!

(just the sound of me smashing my head against my table, to try to get out theese idieas out of my head and to try to make my head feel better) :D

(ouch, that hurt) :(

(man i have problems, that even you guys can't help) hehehe (i guess i they'll sent me back to padded white room agian.) :(

(o by the way it didn't work my head still hurts)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.