1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Beregost Revisited

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Cúchulainn, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I just cleared the Nashkel mines, collected my reward from the mayor, then re-visited Beregost, but unfortunately Eliminister will not appear, nor Officer Val. I think I f'd this up by going from Beregost straight to Nashkel, without accepting the quest.

Any suggestions would be greatly apreciated.

2. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Did you kill Nimbul in Nashkel before going back to Beregost?

3. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Can you remind me who Nimbul is, because I don't recall anyone by that name.

I was just replaying BG1 after years of it gathering dust (never completed it first time), so I am unfamiliar with some of the characters.

4. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Nimbul is the assassin wielding an axe and throwing a lot of deadly magic missiles at you in front of the Inn in Nashkel. But I doubt you have to kill him to see Elminster. I have no idea why that happened though but story wise it shouldn't be a problem as long as Tranzig (the guy with the map to the bandit camp). And even then there is another way into the bandit camp.

5. Boo is god Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

HEy dude Go back into nashkel and read the scrolls in the chest. That will kick start the next chapter for you. The scrolls will be in the chest at the boss fight. I forget his name. The boss of the mines.

6. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Thanks for the suggestions, I shall do so when I get back from work. I really hate the though of starting over again...

7. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    His name is Mulahey. ;)

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I suppose you already talked with the Major of Nashkel? Maybe he will give you the quest, and the reward when you talk to him again?

(after you've read the scrolls in the mines of course)

9. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

There are two requirements to advance to Chapter 3 (which places Elminster, Officer Vai, Nimbul and the rest in their proper places):
    1. Mulahey must be dead
    2. The scroll that mentions Tranzig must be in your possession (just grab both to be safe)

Just killing Mulahey doesn't work. I've accidentally left the scrolls behind more times than I want to remember, so I can assure you with absolute certainty that you NEED to grab them. I've tried grabbing just one, but the only time that seems to work is if it's the one that mentions Tranzig.

I also once tried just grabbing the scrolls and running, without any interaction with Mulahey. (At the time I was trying to zip through the game doing as little as possible.) I waited forever (invisibly) for the story to "advance", but I finally got tired of it and used Ctrl-Y on him. The moment he died, I got the Chapter 3 text.

10. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Thanks for the advice everyone. Foolishly I forgot to take the scroll, and now I have to walk from HighHedge (just stocking up on some mage spells) back to Nashkel mines arrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

11. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Ah, the untold pleasures of travelling a known route... :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.