1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What D&D Alignment are you?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by New, Jul 25, 2003.

1. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Chaotic Good i enjoy helping others but i do have problems with authority :cool:

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    On all tests I have done I have come out evil one way or another. If I may say so myself I am Neutral Evil, leaning towards both LE and TN, atleast by D&D standards. This simply for the reason that I look out for myself and the people close to myself first and foremost and strangers need not bother trying to get my attention. I have no desire to inflich pain or suffering or anyone but neither have I any desire to lift from someone I do not know.

I am also of the opinion that most people who claim to be good by D&D standards in our world are not totally honest with themselves. I mean, come on, would you all risk your lives to help some stranger? The dark alley scenario? I know I wouldnt, if I had a phone I would call the police when I was out of hearing range but that is it.

Hmmm I am going to stop my rambling now, ummm, lets finish with this one :evil:

3. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Chaotic Good / Chaotic Neutral, depends on the point of view I guess.

4. Serpent Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I just made the test... it looks like I'm CN or NG but more likely CN because I'm not that good :evil:

5. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

According to the Alignment test I am either:

Lawful Good
    Lawful Neutral
    Neutral Good

Yes i have taken it multiple times :)

6. Ilona Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Chaotic good. I once played a lawfull neutral monk, but that just didn't work.

7. Dreads Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

@Chev, all what I meant with that was that real life TN-kind of people seldomly care about "balance", or opposing anything, doesn't matter if there are some goody-two-shoes in the Harpers or not. The first group that came into mind that are fanatical about upholding the balance were the Harpers. Not the best example, but it had to do for the time.

As for further pondering on TN, many old descriptions of True Neutral-behavior are a bit inaccurate. In many newer, and in my opinion, better descriptions, said alignment is after all labeled "Undecided".

@Joacqin: Valuing your own skin over all other things isn't necesarilly evil by itself, especially if caring about close ones too. I should know, I'm a self-absorbed bastard, but not all that evil.
    Being ready to hurt somebody to serve your own needs is another thing entirely.

Mmm, I love to rant about unimportant things.

[ August 11, 2003, 08:01: Message edited by: Dreadlocks ]

8. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hmm, I'd like to think that I'm Neutral Good, I always play Neutral Good chars, but then I really think about it, I'm probably more Chaotic Neutral then anything, but I usually don't just do things on a whim.

9. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Most probably I'm Chaotic Good. I'm only a recent convert to RPG gaming via Baldur's Gate 2 and have tried playing various alignments but I usually scrap that and go with CG. Are there any easy-to-find sites with such a test to find out? I tried selectsmart.com but "page cannot be displayed"

**I mean selesctsmart.com, I tried the above link in an above post**

10. Pyro Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Good-Evil: I'm probably good, I gladly help people if they need help, I don't take any pleasure in the suffering of others and I'm not *that* selfish.

Chaos-Law: I'm pretty sure I'll have to choose Lawfull, because I consider law to be something very important, and I never have any problems with authority. "Laws are meant to serve the people and should thus be obeyed" is pretty much what I believe, and because of that I guess I'll have to consider myself "Lawfull".

So this means I'm "Lawfull Good", which sounds kinda strange to because I'm not what in my mind an LG character is. I don't like send money to charity and stuff, but since I'm not evil or non-caring I'll have to be LG I s'pose.

11. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

nuetral evil :D i like to kill things

12. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] @Los_Drizzt4: That's the spirit! :D

Now...if you would just work on your spelling... :p

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Pyro:

There are also some non-evil neutrals who help people because they want to be helped back when something happens to them. If this becomes a habit, some of them might occasionally aid someone for no reason, acting on impulse. Also about everyone other than evil or chaotic neutral (dice, please :p ) will provide some assistance when asked to, so long as it doesn't delay or bother him too much. So you might chose LN, perhaps leaning LG. However, if you help people because simply because they need help, offer help when they don't specifically ask you for it, etc - then I'd rather stick to good alignment for you, as it just mean you're aligned with good, not that you're perfectly good.

As for charity, there's no more reason for a LG character to contribute than for a NG one, even contrary. When there's someone in need, NG will give generously while LG will, if possible, try to find him a job, a family - something stable, preferably permanent. This, however, does not imply that NG wouldn't seek long-term solutions or give money to more or less apparent contrivers or that LG wouldn't give genereously or would stop over every beggar and go find him an employer. It's just how those mindsets generally work.

You might wish to try Wizards' Online Alignment Test. They do realise that 26 questions don't define a man, but at least it's something more or less official - from the guys who write Player's and DM's Handbooks and other core books. It's based on core alignment specifications and rules, but it's by no means like 'you've broken the law, you're chaotic now' or 'you like money too much, welcome to LE world'. I'll PM you the link when my own test is finally placed online.

14. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Just done the above one and I'm a little confused.
    I keep coming out Neutral or Neutral Good!
    And here I thought I was more Chaotic Good.

15. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Neutral Good.
    I don't have much to do with traditions, but I'm not a rebel. And I care for people, not only my community and family, but for almost anybody who seems reliable, trustworthy or does his best.

16. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

whats wrong with my spelling, shura?

EDIT: oh now i see, i was in a hurry, my dad sliced his thumb open and we had to go to the emergency room so i just hit post reply and never checked it... not enough time

17. Silverwolf86 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] I'm a true Neutral Good all the way. I basically ignore laws and just follow my morals and if my morals coincide with the law, all well and good and if not, oh well.

And @ Joacquin I actually WOULD go help someone being mugged in an alley even if it was just me against several armed guys. (Though I would call 911 on my cell phone first if I thought there was more than one guy or if he had a gun -- I'm not quite that stupid) I'm just like that. If I was smart enough to invent superior technology and be able to do more than just TKD I seriously would move into the city (for me this would be Boston) and fight crime in the middle of the nights in the streets. And yet at the same time I wouldn't be a police officer and so I'd probably piss them all off. Which of course is where my being neutral comes into play, I don't give a damn if I'm breaking laws if I'm doing what's right but I'm not going to be completely chaotic and try to sabotage the government. Zorro is my role-model and hero. :D

18. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I don't know.

How are we able to measure our extent of how well we respect life and follow our rules, and then put it on a simple 3 x 3 grid? While things like Law, Chaos, Good, and Evil, may, by definition, exist in the real world, I'm sure we have one hell of a difficult time determining it. At least I do.

[ August 20, 2003, 04:49: Message edited by: Oaz ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.