1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Was This Year A Blast?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Nobleman, Dec 18, 2002.

1. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] I remember Last year, someone asked how amazing our year had been. This year we can actually make a poll.

So Are you proud of yourself? Are you Mad at yourself? Take it all out on yourself in this poll, where you can stay anomynous. You'll feel better afterwards. :1eye:

Was it a blast? Not a local Blast. I am talking big Death star Blast! Yiiiiihaaaaaaw. Quote Big Lando B :p

[ December 18, 2002, 23:38: Message edited by: Nobleman ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 31 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Was This Year A Blast? (31 votes.)

Was This Year A Blast? (Choose 1)
    * Great Year Kid. It was one in a million. - 19% (6)
    * Thank the Maker. This year is going to feel so good. - 19% (6)
    * I have made a lot of special modifications this year - 23% (7)
    * All right, I gave it a try. (Yoda will fry you on this one :alien: ) - 16% (5)
    * I have a bad feeling about this year. - 16% (5)
    * Oh boy, am I gonna get it. - 6% (2)

2. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

This has been a cool year for SP. Getting a lot of new faces - it's great. Not to mention the creation of a bunch of new forums for both gaming and non-gaming forums. As well as the adding of Polls and PM.

3. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Well, it's been an interesting past year for me anyway, but I got through it and will kick this years ass if it starts playing up like this one did. ;)

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Going to RopeCOn, getting new friends, hanging here in SP, getting rid of the GH... good things. But there has been way much bad things for me this year as well. It has been a blast.... that hit the moon, I think.

Ara
    (I like christmas tarts... yummy...)

5. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well, I managed to pass all my classes, I hope. Still waiting for final grades, Got addicted to Morrowind, am currently trying to get un-addicted, all in all, pretty darn good. :)

6. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Well my year go a lot brighter in september (moment I found the SP boards ;) )

Gamewise I found the year a bit dissapointing with only IWD2 a shining exception, damn what a big dissapointment can do for a year (NWN)

Socially seen it's been a good year until september again :rolleyes: :D

Hollandwise it's been a very bad year: politician getting killed, economically very poor, governments that fall.

So it's a so so year, SP covering a lot of damage :)

7. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Definitely was NOT a blast.

8. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Erm, Holland was the most welfaring country in the world.. it couldn´t be better

Gonna happen next year too..

Back to topic

I´m happy the way I did it this year, joined a lot of boards.. new hobby´s, new friends, schools been going good too..
    Hope next year will be going as good as this one
    :)

9. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Great year. Child on the way, new house, good year at work. Can't complain.

10. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

That's right, but if you compare it to a few years back it's not, and the uneployment is quite high this year again considering other years. People aren't spending a lot of money this year!

11. scarampella Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

My orchestra went bankrupt,
    My marriage ended
    I moved 3 times

but on the other hand,

I'm making twice what I used to make
    I love the music I have been making
    my daughter is still the light of my life
    I have a great apt.

What do you think?

12. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

congrats Jack Funk... when is it coming? hope it wasn't an accident... :nono:

for me it sucked pretty much... girlfriend broke up, stop talking with my mum... got arrested... kicked the **** out of a nazi in my class(but that was agood thing)... and i'm only 15 years old... well... it coulda been worse...

13. Herf Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

[​IMG] This year was pretty much the best of my life and I hope to remember it for as long as possible.

The year started well, I'd made new friends and I was finally settling into a comfortable lifestyle. I calmed down a lot in the new year, I was no longer in threat of being chucked out of school, my parents were happy with me and things were finally looking up. I also started gaming last January, proper PnP with a bunch of older gamers, it was an amazing experience.

Then a few months in I met the most amazing person of my life. I snatched her immediately and I'm still with her and still going strong.

The summer months were just amazing. Again, it was the best of my life. I've never had so much fun and I've never felt more comfortable with my life than now. I turned 16, with the new age came a lot of freedom but also at a lot of cost. Now when I want to go anywhere, I'm allowed. But public transport now costs double for me considering I'm 16... During the summer I also got a new tower. Upgraded from a PII 400 to a AMD Duron 1100. Quite a nice step :D

The new school year started and I was back with my friends and having fun. The only bad point to this year so far has been the mock exams which were quite stressfull... Everyone has been on edge and quite *****y lately. Thankfully, the holidays start tomorow and the exams are over... Yay!

Now its almost the end of the year. I'm still close to my friends, my computer is running perfectly with its new OS, I've been seeing Azir now for almost 9 months and I'm getting along with everyone just fine.

I don't want this year to end. The only thing I have to look forward to is a full year with my girlfriend.

14. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Sportswise 2002 sucked big time imo, for the rest it was okay, but could be better.

15. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Hmm, the poll is in future tense and the title is in past. What year do you want us to walk about?

This past year has been one of the best I've ever had, and next year should be better. I've got a new place going up in a great neighborhood, socially I'm better off now than in a long while, and I'm really beginning to get priorities straight. Getting a new car right after moving too. With that, comes the beginning of a new stage, so wish me luck.

16. scarampella Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

wow Herf,
    you are going through a great time in life! Glad to hear you are feeling grateful. Enjoy all your discoveries, they will be with you for the rest of your life!

17. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

This year was not a blast

18. Aziraphale Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

This your was a blast :)

This past yeah has been the best in my life to date. Although it has not been without one personal disastor and a few downers, but thats life!

Since turning 16 I have been given so much more freedom. Although my parents are worried about letting me stay out, they now appreciate that I can use my own judgement.
    I have a few select friends and generally get on well with most people. This is how I like it.
    Althought I have been stressing over exams, I now realise how much work is ahead so I can prepare!

The one disastor was my horse breaking its leg, after years of traning and preparing one of my best yet, he broke his blinking leg, after a waste of a year his leg has fully recovered and next year I am looking forward to retraining him and racing again :) However all my spare time with out him was not to be wasted ;)

Next year I am dreading my exams, but looking forward to the holidays and free time after, knowing they are over for another summer!
    I am looking forward to spending lots of time with that fantastical boyfriend of mine ;)

Oh and another great point about the year, I was introduced to this little commnity.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.