1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Poll: Best game soundtrack

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Xaelifer, Jul 21, 2002.

1. LittleJimmy Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

It's hard to choose a winner, but the best ones I've heard are Heroes of Might and Magic III and Transport Tycoon DeLuxe (best midi music ever :grin: ).

[This message has been edited by Mollusken (edited July 23, 2002).]

3. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

[​IMG] Easy. Final Fantasy VI. Actually, all of the Final Fantasies' soundtracks rule (including the old ones).

By the way, when you say Final Fantasy III, do you *mean* Final Fantasy III, or do you mean Final Fantasy VI? :hmm:

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

The Warcraft II music was really great. The cool thing was that you could listen the music by puting the WC2 game-cd in yor music-cd-player.

5. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

Deus Ex and Icewind Dale.

6. Slackertoast Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Red Alerts music rocked and Diablo 1 music was just creepy as hell at that time.

7. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

All of ya'll have mentioned really good soundtrack "individuals". As in "singles".

One song.

But the question concerned the entire soundtrack, as a whole.

Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries has some outstanding songes. I have about 4 or 5 of them on a cd which I use when I drive long distances. FF has some heart rendering vocals that the Japanese have been kind enough to record. Xcom, Red Alert 1, Tomb Raider 1-4, and even Legend of Zelda all have some really awesome tunez.

But IwD is the end-all, be-all of soundtracks. Every emotion that is defined has an essence in that soundtrack. Jermey Soule is a demi-god of music...

8. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

FF8, FF7, and FF6 in that order. Chrono Cross. There's a Wheel of Time game?

9. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I loved music in all FF when you entered that airship (diiferent name in every sequel but same thing). I would agree that Transport Tycoon Deluxe had one of the best midi songs. And i liked some theme songs from Planescape but that one on the end is the best (i prefer neutral ending specially!)

10. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] I really think the Ice Wind Dale soundtracks are pretty good, thats if you are into that kind of music.

But for more up tempo music i enjoy listening to Gran Tuarismo 1 for SP1.

11. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

There is indeed a Wheel of Time game.

http://www.wheeloftime.com/

Not a perfect game, but nice enough. And running around in the streets and bowels of Shadar Logoth is just plain creepy...

12. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] Yep there sure is a Wheel Of Time game! :)

I can't wait for the Lord Of The Rings game to come out! :eek:

13. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31

My favorite sound tracks are from the Final Fantasy games, mostly #7.

14. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Command & Conquer (original) and Warcraft II & III. That is just good stuff :)

15. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6/3, and Total Annihilation all have superb soundtracks.

Some songs in Earthbound and Baldur's Gate are nice.

16. Drunken Monk Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

IWD incl. HoW, Planescape: T, BG Series, Has everyone (who has heard) forgotten GTA3. It actually has 'real' music, many from actual famous singers. My favourites are Game FM station with Rap, Double Cleff FM with classical & Opera, (very much suits major carnage/action scenes - imagine explosions, gun shots, SWAT Teams and airborne cars while lsitening to classical). Also Tenchu 1 on PS1 is the best!

17. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] Yeah i agree!

GTA3 has real good music, infact it has radio stations which you can change while driving. The game is also quite good. :thumb:

18. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Legend of Zelda

System of a Down that is.

:coffee:

19. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] I agree! :thumb:

Diablo music was definetely frieky!

20. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Any racing or trick game like Tony Hawk and Shawn Palmer's Snowboarding.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.