1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Weirdest names ever?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Teensabre, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

****head?! Ouch.

I don't realy know anyone with a realy weird name, oh well

2. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    My last name is Byrne. Living in Canada. Nobody, without previous knowledge can pronounce it properly. I get calls in the middle of the day:

"Um, hi, is a mister Brine there?"
    "Yes, I'm looking for a Mrs. Bernie"

It's pronounced like the word burn.

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    In Poland some people have surnames in form of first names, sometimes guys have female names for surnames.

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Ah, names... how about the last name Spooner? That's my old English teacher. Or my Maths teacher... poor guy was doomed to teach maths, with a last name like Fiskaali (Fiscal), what ARE your choices?

But I have told you this before.

And why do notr people realize that MAri Elisa (My first two names... I have three first names, of which I use the third) ARE NOT MAri-Elisa or Marjaliisa or any other variation of it,... the official version is Mari! :mad:

(the one with the last name of a dead man she never met)

5. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Hey, at least we've got our own language :p ;)

You know what's also a mystery? Why people keep referring to me as faragoRn. ;)

And oh yeah, a celebrity covername: Dick Hurts (forgot who used it though)

6. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    My Last name is Forget... and it's french and it do not mean anything funny... (For-jay-t) At my mother's work their is a guy whom name was Fuc yu (he was chinesse... at least I think...)
    My mother Last Name is Quesnel... now try to pronounce it! (it's Scothis)

7. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

****head - Isn't there a whole clan of Native Americans under the name Shiite? or something like that...

8. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

No, those are Muslims. It's pronounced shy-ite.

9. Istari of Thay Banned

My real name is Ole Martin Gulbrandsen...

:grin: :grin:

I know... I know... :rolleyes:

In my defence;
    In Norway this is a pretty regular name...

10. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

As my first name is Mona, all people used to call me Mona Lisa. It PO's me definitely.

11. Istari of Thay Banned

Mona??

Weird name for a boy...
    Hmm?? Oh...

Sorry...

12. Veldrin

Veldrin We'll ride the spiral to the end Veteran

I had a friend who's name was Money Fortune. Money was just short for something, but it's what everyone called him.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.