1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #3

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Nov 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teensabre Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Heeeeere's Alex again...

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Of course you are, we all tremble in fear at the might of Taluntain ;)

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Astin X:

I just went through some major computer whoas too. Finally got it working, but the onboard secondary IDE controller still doesn't work right. I'm thinking it a driver issue that's going to have to get hammered out, along with a bios update.

A cpu fan and a hard disk. Wow. I've never had a cpu fan go out, but I had a 40gig 75gxp die on me. IBM swapped it out with a 60gig 120gxp. It's my main system drive, right now.

Case cooling is important.

4. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I remember that once my two fans died at the same time, I came home from work and I smelled something weird.. my PII 450 melted, thats was so cool :D

to be sure I have now 4 fans, 2 in my PSU, 1 on my video and 1 on my CPU. vhhhhoooooooommmmmmmmmmm

[ December 28, 2002, 12:38: Message edited by: Morgoth ]

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hey Alex. There's nothing to be scared of if you play by our rules. ;)

6. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] I just want to get my hands on the equipment needed for my liquid nitrogen cooling system idea ;)
    That said though, when i upgraded my motherboard and processor, the way the mother board was laid out it was right under the PSU. And when my PSU blew I got a bigger one. Needless to say the safety measures implemented in the BIOS by me meant my computer shut down every 2 hours max. So a nice new case was bought, LOADS of room in it :D The bigger CPU fan I bpought at the same time, might have been a little overboard for just a 950 athlon, but it's damn cool ;)

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Astin X - have you tried talking to your PC? It helps a lot :thumb: I often have quite good conversations with mine.

The inevitable has happened.

Baldurs Gate 2 has officially died on me. I have had to uninstall it off of my computer never to be installed again. The sounds had been corrupted and displayed DBMs meaning I am unable to run the game at all. The CDs have been abducted by aliens apart from CD3 which took sanctuary at a friends while the ToB Cd hid in a blue CD case - the others were resting peacfully in their original pack before they were brutally stolen away from us. I hope for their safe return and hope that next time the kidnappers visit they take the mess away with them or at least tidy up before they leave :wail:

8. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I gave up on BG2 as well. Stupid discs, always they have to screw something up. Would have broken them, if had not any unneeded people in my apartment. (Mother and her husband and stupid half-brother) Whats the meaning of life anyway? Noone cares about me and I don't care about anything as well, except this comp and my writings.

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] We care Eze!

When the world gangs up on you stick your middle finger up and say "Ha!"

10. Astin X Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I made up with my pc since its behaving itself, but I've got a number for a catholic priest.
    My harddrive probably died because my cpu fan was not doing the work and my pc only rebooted about ten times a day.
    Overall for now, my pc seems to be a happy chappy.

11. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] My computer restarted the other day - the first reason being it's right in front of the radiator (smart idea :rolleyes: ) second we had a little argument over Elf Bowling3 :o

12. Eze Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] LOL. Sister and her bf coming to our place tomorrow. Yay. I hate holidays. I hate school. I hate bimbos. I hate life. I hate everything. Phäh.

2 smilies, what describe my feelings right now: :sick: :help:

13. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

[​IMG] Family. Can't live with them. It's illegal to kill them. A truer phrase has never graced my head. ;)

14. Eze Gems: 24/31

Its illegal to kill anyone. Not only your family.

15. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Wohoo! Off to London we are! For one helluva New Years celebration! Wish me luck and pray that I survive. I am going to need it ;)

16. Morgoth

Media:
    My brother, you can´t live with him, you can´t..... yeah you just can´t live with him I hate that idiot

17. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

[​IMG] hey are we related? i hate my brother too!

(Edit) Why can't Mortensen notice she needs to log me out and then sign herself in here? :doh: Ah well, in responce to the illegal to kill anybody thing, yep, but you always want to kill your family more. :p ;) :evil:

[ December 29, 2002, 13:37: Message edited by: Vermillion ]

18. Morgoth

Media:
    @Mortensen using Vermillion as proxy

Related, I don´t think so.. ey, waitaminute wasn´t that a slight insult in my direction? :confused:

19. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yeah.

It's illegal to kill your family members.

But if you're really sneaking, like in the shadows and stuff, you can sneak up behind them and throw a water balloon (filled with ice cold winter water) at the back of their head.

It's totally worth it one time...

20. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Hey Everyone!!

Long time no speak!(A year or so)

But i'm back.....well for now and i'm going to enjoy my time here.
    Gee the boards have changed since the last time was on here!

Well i'm just glad to be back :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.