1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Old Flames

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Urithrand, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Do you have stashed away somewhere an old character that you've played over and over again that always holds a soft spot for you? It's quite possible that I'm the only one, but I have a halfling thief named Arenon who's been around the block gawd knows how many times, then been brushed off and brought out of the box occasionally after his retirement. Then of course, I imported him into BG SoA and took him to whole new levels, but the old BG1 char file still holds a place in my heart...

2. Kammesennin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Yeah, I've got a human Fighter/Mage named Kammesennin who's "been around the block gawd knows how many times". Been using him since 1997, and no matter how many times I switch PC I keep using him one way or another.

3. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Humm not in BG, but in Pen and Paper my good olde
    Ugrrrh! The 5'' 90lbs wild/High elf Barbarian (a wild elf father with high elf mother) who got a pet flower named '' Marguerite '' Ahh cool character...
    Well I supose I could make use Tutu to make this fine elven barbarian

4. Drugar

Drugar And now... we wait! Veteran

Media:
    I've got an young human paladin by the name of Ivan the Great (don't laugh :p ) which was my first BG character. When I feel the need to seriously smite evil in the realms I call upon his shiny armor and trusted sword'to aid me in this. He does a great job at this. Although I have used him since '99 he hasn't aged a bit, I wonder why :p

5. Grumpi Gems: 1/31

6. Drugar

Drugar And now... we wait! Veteran

Media:
    Grumpi: no, I'm not kidding!

That truely is a coincidence. I think Ivan the Great is a populair name among fighters.

7. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I sold my computer and recently upload the BG series onto my wife's computer. I just started playing the series again and I have to say it is just as fun as it was when I first played it, especially since I can transfer my guy over to BG2 and have him level him up unlike BG1.

8. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I never mentioned my own character did I? He's a halfling Thief called Arenon, and he's been going since '98. I've completed all three games with him countless times, but I always seem to end up playing as him again. I guess it's hard to go back to 1st level again after being invincible...

9. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I have a character from P&P, an Elf ranger named Cewander. PLayed him for some good 5 years in P&P, later he has been my main character in almost all my games of BG1, Bg2, IWD1, IWD2, and ToEE :p usually combined with a few of the other characters i have played with in P&P and such. For some reason its only funnny to play characters i have made in P&P, non P&P characters grow so boring.

10. Niskers Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

An easily dislikeable antisocial arrogant Cleric named Kiven Tor. ever since I created him I find ways to bring him into other games.

11. Krentaris Gems: 1/31

Kind of. I have two; the first being Krentaris Alia'madar, my (originally half) elven Fighter/Mage multiclass, that I delight in taking through AD&D games of all descriptiong and depictions. Since erm... well, shortly after I got the game. 2000 maybe. His story is quite a long and complicated one, and part of it even filtered into my school work. The character relates in a strange, kind-of epic but very un-D&D like way to...

Seburulcos, the human sorcerer. The original was the character that swept through the Local Vault NWN PvP servers with little competition, the others worth my attention developing into friends on my MSN list. Noted for floating with no legs, this was a bit of a comedy touch :p Seb is usually my dedicated magic user these days, whereas Krent is either a warrior class (longswords/scythe) or some kind of spellsword.

I guess you could also count Borus Thunderhammer, my Dwarven... well, Fighter, originally, but F/C multi in AD&D. I don't consider him as close to me as Krent or Seb, though I do delight in romping through the wilderness (or the helpless bodies of his would-be challengers) with him.

Pity nobody plays D&D in my area, really, I have a little roleplayer in me screaming to get out. The powergamer and FPSer keep watch for the day.

12. Hard Blunt Stone of Fury Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Ahh I remember my awsome Male, Half-Elf Bard who was named Mark lots and lots of times, he save the realms sooooooo many times. Sarevok must be angry as I foil his same old plan like 1million times. Jon is angry at me cause I killed him god knows how many times and that weird lady you fight at the end of ToB is angry at me too. (he was the second character I made in BG1 after my computer crashed)

Then there is my Female, Elf Thief/Mage who's been killing the evil guys since 2003 (she was my first character I made in BG1 after my computer crashed).

For some reason I luv being a Elf and Half-Elf.

*EDIT* Whoops I forgot to tell you my Female's name. Her name was Setsuna

13. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I've got three characters at the moment who I'm planning (when I get more than five minutes :wall: ) to run through the entire saga, with Tutu so I can make the third one from the start as opposed to, well, later.

The first is the character I've always played, and my favorite: Trevelyn, M Neutral Good Elf Fighter/Mage, named for a name in the Irish song Fields of Athenry. He always wanted to be a librarian but keeps getting asked to save this and Throne of Blood that, so he does it grudgingly, and often is just looking to keep himself alive. (And Imoen. And Minsc and Boo.) He has very high strength, dexterity, and intelligence, and has weapons proficiencies spread across the board, to be versatile. (And he's allowed to be named Trevelyn even though it's not an elf name because he was raised by humans. :p )

The second is a kit I've been itching to try, in the form of Vidar, M Chaotic Evil Half-Orc Cleric/Thief, named after the Norse god of silence and revenge. (I love multiclasses.) He's an ugly, abrasive, anti-social bastard, though he has a soft spot for Imoen - I'll include her in the second game but not the first. I'm going to pull out all the stops with him and not worry about reputation. Like if I want to roleplay him and Xzar and Montaron taking on the entire population of the Friendly Arm Inn over a plate with a crack in the edge, I just will. ;)

The third is Genevieve, F Chaotic Neutral Human Skald, so named because it sounds good in both English and French. She's a dusky beauty with a dark, gloomy, Seeress Prophecies side to her personality, who's used to getting her way. She prefers to talk you into giving her what she wants, but she also has a halberd so you shouldn't mess with her.

14. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31

Well, my Gnomish Illusionist has been arounbd since i started. :D

15. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Growing up, does anyone remember those Moria, Hack, NetHack and Larn games?

Well those were my initial introductions to DnD (1st game, Rogue! I loved it! But Moria stole my heart!).

The player I had my most success with was a Paladin named Zad! Kicked major arse! Defeated the Balrog with him in Moria! Now, 2yrs ago, when my pops bought me BG2: SoA, I made my PC a paladin!

But since my intial time through BG2, I've since decided that I like playing a Bard much better (Blade kit).....Im currently playing as a Bard through BG1. Sure wish I could make him into a Blade/Bard though! Thats without a doubt my personal favourite of any possible character in all types of DnD!

16. raptor Gems: 16/31

Someone else will most likelly sugest this anyways, even though i am not much fan of the solution myself, you can use BG1TUTU to play baldurs gate 1 with the engine and stuff from BG2, wich means for example kits nd dual wielding etc.

Personally i recomend you strongly to play through the game (BG1) with the original BG1 engine at least once first.

17. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Thanx Raptor.

I'm gonna play through it normally, then perhaps in the future use BGTutu.

18. raptor Gems: 16/31

No sweat bud. :)

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I tend to make paladins named chevalier or a variety of my first name, who have mental stats almost twice higher than physical ones. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.