1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Matrix Reloaded!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Apeman, May 17, 2003.

1. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

[​IMG] Yesterday I went to a movietheater in Antwerp (bigger than the one in the netherlands, much much bigger) and finally saw the second part of one of the best movies ever made.

I was blown away, something like this you have never seen. This is one great movie if you can call it that, this is taking film making to a next level, I can tell you that.

I've never got so much information in two hours, especially at the end where some things get clearer and many many things get well unclear. Can't wait for number three.

Who else saw it yet and what did you think of it.

If you didn't go watch it ASAP!!

[ May 18, 2003, 11:05: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

[​IMG] I saw it tonight. Just got back in fact. It was a great movie, but no way near as good as number one. The battle sences weren't as good. The way he flew, that almost made me laugh. But hay its the matrix and the matrix is cool.
    Its worth seeing once or twice on a big screen.

3. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I watched it last night, it was great, but its not the kind of movie you'll want to watch twice. And Agent Simth is som much mor badass.

4. Shura Gems: 25/31

[​IMG] I would say it's far superior to the first movie.

Awesome fight scenes and an amazing car-chase scene that utterly blew me away.

Agents are still as sinister and Smith is a few hundred times the badass that he was in the first one. (Lame pun, yes.)

Great movie!

5. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Erebus what do you mean not watching it twice, I am seriously considering seeing it another time in cinema. This because I know I've missed at least hundreds of things.

6. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I sooooooooooooo want to seeeee this film! All the trailers are driving me crazy! Can anyone give me the UK release date?

7. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Better than the first one? No.

The first one was nearly perfect; every ambient effect (lighting, sound, camera angle, etc) contributed to the overall mood of the movie. It seemed as though the Wachowskis achieved precisely the vision they had of the movie. The "bullet-time" sequences were breathtaking, the fights were some of the best I've ever seen. The storyline was gripping, and they even have plenty of great quotables. :)

The second movie was not nearly so coherent. For instance, the cave scene! That whole section of the movie just didn't *fit*. It seemed odd and contrived.

The storyline leaves you asking plenty of questions. Maybe they'll be resolved in the third one, but I have the feeling that there'll still be some contradictions in the trilogy. I'm not too impressed by Neo, either. Sure he's combat wise unbeatable, but we're talking about a man who can remake the Matrix as he sees fit -- so why the heck doesn't he do it? Agent Smith's replication program is laughable compared to what Neo *could* do, and doesn't. Why?

Speaking of agents, it seems like everybody and their dog has better agents than the Matrix gatekeepers. OK, so it's only Agent Smith and Marovingi's agents, but still -- how does Marovingi get such powerful programs and the Matrix is still stuck with the old ones?

I did enjoy the movie. It just doesn't live up to the first one. The first is a must-own, but unless the third does a good job of explaining the second, the first may be the only one I own.

8. GabrielNYC Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] The action scenes are much better than the first but that's all. I didnt like the story. It seemed like psycho babble with some made up philosophy about nothingness and nihilism or something. It just didn't make me think. The first one had the better story I believe.

I thought Agent Smith dogpiling on Neo was priceless. Something out of a Tex Avery cartoon from the 50s.

If the human settlement was called Zion, why was no other reference to Rastafarianism made?

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

IMO it was brilliant. Completly and utterly brilliant.

10. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Just saw it....Freakin' Fantastic!!! I need to go see it again, because I think I missed a ton o' stuff!!!

11. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

That was an awesome movie! I loved it. It blew me away, I thought a lot about it and I reached the conclusion that I hypothesized months ago that there are many, many matrixes, and Neo has only escaped the first.

12. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] I do have one question though....There were like 3 or 4 short flims that came out over the last year that were Matrix related...Did you have to see them to understand some of the beginning set up?

I saw "Final flight of the Osirus" which was mentioned in the movie, but there were a couple of other sub-plots that didn't seem very fleshed out. Does anyone know if seeing these other shorts fill in the gaps?

*** One last thing: Monica Bellucci is a HOTTIE!!!! ***

[ May 19, 2003, 16:24: Message edited by: Sir Belisarius ]

13. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Apparently part of the story is told through the PS2 (and others at a guess) game.

UK release is Wednesday 21st. :( Why are we made to wait?

14. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

HELL YEAH!
    Goddamn movie!
    I went to cinema today and in the scene that Neo said "Upgrades" to first agents I told myself that this one was going to be a cool film.After the Zion dance part I nearly changed my mind but no...
    Perfect action scenes and very philosophical scenes are combined together.I personally didn't understand much of what the Architect told to Neo, subtitles were damn fast and "the choice" wa reflected upon the monitors, this was also really good.
    Damn I was supposed to say this first :( :
    MONICA BELLUCCI IS DAMN HOT!
    (personal Monica fan since 2000)
    EDIT: SPOILERS! Can anyone tell me how did Neo managed to destroy sentinels in real world?
    As far as I understood if Neo had taken the left door as the all 5 chosen ones before he did, Zion would be saved, Trinity would die, he would live in Zion and die as all the others did.Then the robots would make another Matrix.But Neo took the right to save Trinity and they still have a chance to save Zion do they? I think 5 ships were obliterated but not Zion.And even if they can save Zion, how the hell they can save everyone from Matrix?And even if they did where would 6b people live?I need to know everything from Neo's talk with the architect to the scene that he raises his hand and destroyes the sentinels.
    Damn this is all too confusing.

[ May 19, 2003, 21:48: Message edited by: Khelben ]

15. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] MAJOR SPOILER COMING SO DO NOT READ IF YOU DON"T WANT THE MOVIE SPOILED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My understanding from the ending of the movie was that Zion was completely destroyed by the Squiddies, and the only survivor was the guy lying next to Neo. From what the architect said, the choice was save Zion, and choose 23 people to go with him to re-populate Zion, or Save Trinity and the machines would place a different type of control on the humans they have enslaved....

I'm going to go see it again...Because you're right! It got confusing in the end!!!

16. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    SPOILERS - WARNING - SPOILERS

Yeah, that was confusing. But Zion wasn't destroyed. Remember how that dickhead commander guy insisted on having all the ships for that big battle with the Squiddies? That's what they meant, and that's what the 5 ships survived. The one captain even said that after the battle, "they resumed their digging" or something. So basically, if the Nebacadnezzar had been there, it would have been destroyed with all the rest.

But here's what I don't get! Dammit! :

Can anyone explain to me why the machines kept allowing Zion to create itself 5 different times, and why they keep allowing a "one" to rise up...that whole meeting with "the architect" was sort of confusing for me...

Anyway, I thought it was great, but I was only slightly disappointed. The one scene I HATED was the whole sweaty get-your-groove-on dance party in the cave near the beginning. There was NO point for this storywise. It was terrible. Plus, if these are 250,000 people struggling to survive, why did they all have the bodies of fitness models? That part just pissed me off. But luckily, that brief window of pure suckage didn't carry over to the rest of the movie.

And, yes....Monica Belucci is rather tasty. :thumb:

17. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] It gave me a headache. :sick:

First of all, before the film begins, two idiots in leather trenchcoat tried to do some kung-fu moves during an Armani commercial, one of them ended falling on his ass after he tried a jump-kick at the other one. I wonder if he got paid.

Then the film starts: action, action, action, pseudo-philosophical babble, babble, action, MTV Sisko shakedown kicks in, babble about machines, action,action,action (that scene on the motorway just never ends !) then prophecy babble, then action...

It's a shame, the action scenes were way too long and while humor is very present during the fights (Keanu Reeves flying, now that's funny! :D ) the fights themselves get repetitive. Swearing in French was funny but that neverending speech about causality was <insert swearing here> to say the least. Neo playing doctor Carter in the matrix and improvising Jedi moves in the real world, architect mumbling... oh well, I hope Matrix 3 is more like the first movie.

Oh, and Monica Bellucci was sexier in Astérix.

</rant>

18. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I also have the same understanding as Bel,
    Zion was wiped out... at least the inhabitants, and the only survivor was actually the guy that Agent Smith replicated.

@Death Rabbit, why the machines kept on creating humans for the 6th time, I think the architect had explained it. But it was too long and I can't remember much, I think he mentioned that there was a flaw (or something) in each creation, and there still was. That is why Zion and the humans are being destroyed.

@Oxymore, I think the girl in Asterix was Leatitia Casta.

Monica Belluci looked good, but I find her more attractive in the last Bruce Willis starrer "Tears of the Sun" (or was that "Tears in the Sun") and Mallena. ;)

And yeah, I heared a lot of people hate the rave scene. Personally, I didn't mind it. But I didn't find it amusing or exciting seeing Neo fly too many times. Saving Trinity while flying was great!!! The others, made me feel that they just run out of ideas.

19. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

No no no no, Neo told that "If we don't do something in 24 hours, Zion will be destroyed" and only moments pass between this conversation and destruction of Nebuchadnezzar.
    How the heck could Neo destryoed the sentinels? and why did the robots destroyed Zion everytime?
    Damn I must see that film again,it was too confusing.(That's how they earn millions of dollars :) )
    EDIT: Just a thought, is there a possiblility that Matrix is inside another Matrix?
    2ND EDIT:Where's our Matrix guru, Arabwel? I bet she watched it more than once and udnerstood, what we couldn't.

20. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

SPOILERS SPOILERS WARNING SPOILERS SPOILERS

Zion was definatly not destroyed, IIRC there were a few ships (5 I think) that were send to get behind the machines but they got destroyed with only one survivor. And that guy is the guy who cuts himself with a knife just before Neo went back into his ship somewhere during the movie. I think he is a traitor just like cypher in the first movie.

Second the architect is already wrong about something, because he said that trinity would die but she didn't cause neo had her ressurected (who'd he do that!)

Anyway I think I may agree with Khelben what if the matrix neo knows isn't the only matrix what if Zion is also in the matrix, why can Neo destroy machines in what supposed to be the real world. AAAAAAAAArrghhhh the questions drive me nuts (maybe I should try to 'know' the 'reason' ;) )

I'm still afraid that Neo at the end of movie three wakes up in his bed and it was all a dream.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.