1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Worthless lives

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Zaragoth, Nov 13, 2001.

1. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG]

You people...ugh...

Thanking the Lord for living...

This makes me think of God as a dishrag you can wipe your hands on.

Whether or not you kiss His boots, you are still stupid little arrogant FOOLS taking a free ride at the expense of His earth.

I'll use Mormon fools for example. They go to sacrament and sit in a stuffy, loud room listening to idiots drone on about bean plants and annual rains and then eat the body of Jesus Christ in the form of the cheapest Wonder bread and unpurified water dealt out by sickly children.
    --This is all in thanks of Jesus and God and whoever the hell else there is in the bible, even though NOBODY READS IT ANYMORE.--

Yep, this is what God wants to see...

The building of hundreds of churches across the countryside, mostly depicting COMMUNITY and SOCIETY and CONFORMITY instead of a good, firm belief in God. No one cares about God. He can go stuff it, the old bag. We want elevators, trains, automobiles, good people in the community to do drugs with and to have sex with their children...

We're all good people, though, in God's eyes...aaaaaargh...

2. Arkados Blackmire Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Headbanger: If I had the power to make something out of clay, I would think I would be smart enough to know what they would do, what they would think. And I would be smart enough to know which of them would believe in me and which would not. For I would be the all knowing God. And when I want to get them and make something new, I would get the ones I want, and get rid of the ones I don't. I wouldn't poke them with twigs and see them squirm and see which ones still love me and bask in my glory.

3. Drunken Monk Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Hi all, I'm back after a looong break,

(To no one in particular)

Anyway, I'm not here to try and prove anyone who disagrees with me wrong, as it is highly unlikely that anyone will instantly change their well established beliefs any time soon.

I am here to express my, and many other people's beliefs regardless of their religion, race, culture etc.

What if there is no God? What have I got to loose? The hours I spend happily worshiping Him? The times that I would refuse a desirable sin in His name? I feel inner peace, and have a true aim in life, which goes beyond material wants. Can you say the same? Find an instant pleasure to distract yourself for now if you will, but sincerely ask yourself the question, where am I going? Is there a higher being that we call 'God'?
    OK you might say that I can believe what I like and to continue doing so on my own, which is true and I will continue to do so. The reason why I bother to write this is not to prove a point and boost my ego, but to tell everyone because I love you all, as I love the rest of humanity.
    If I am wrong, I shall close my eyes and pass on from this life peacefully (hopefully). But what if I am right and you are incorrect? There is no turning back from the eternity to come, regardless of the path taken, once one has died.
    Please, think on this for a while. Reply as you like with your well thought out responses or 'humorous' remarks, but I ask as a friend to take some time to reflect on what has been said.

Thats my two cents for ya,

Peace. :)

4. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Hi Drunken Monk

Peace for you too, friend :). I have some questions for you to reflect on too.
    Does your inner peace come from God or the way you live and think? A hard question.

So let us imagine you were forced to change the way you live. Going to live in a warzone somewhere on earth, no food no shelter. Friends and family shot in cold blood next to you when you sleep. It is peacefull to accept their destiny if you know they get a reward for their lives and go to heaven. Justice is God. If you thought they just died in cold blood, the end, you would be a lot more sad and out of balance. An act of injustice and unfairness. Now if God really exsisted, he did nothing to prevent the deaths.

So does your inner peace come from security and hopes in justice and rewards or from God himself? I would say the first, but I might be missing something.

To your question in general. I have aims beyond material gains. My friends' and family's health and happiness and our moments of joy together. But I do have lots of material aims too. Though they don't bring me out of balance, why should they? I am still determined and balanced. Perhaps even more because I know when I die, that is it. The end. Injustice or not I end the same way as the massmurderers on earth. I have my friends, family and own life, and I'll do anything in my power to make our stay on earth a wonderfull one, "sinning" or not.
    My inner peace is based from accepting our mortality and having to fight on from there. Not from the security of justice and the knowledge of an afterlife as a reward. I am just pointing out the difference, not trying to twarth any of the two ways of living. :)

So if I am right I shall close my eyes and pass on from life peacefully. If I am wrong and kindness, love and integrity don't give my family and friends the right to go somewhere pleasent in the afterlife, then the whole place is not worth it in my opinion anyway.

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited January 08, 2002).]

5. Jerlark386 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

okay, so I take it back

[This message has been edited by Jerlark386 (edited January 11, 2002).]

6. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] Jerlark, you contradicted yourself twice in that last statement. Must make it easier to say something ridiculous...?

7. Alienboy Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Do you tire of Mortal life so much that you seek to end it at the hands of Alienboy?

Anyone want to give me stuff in their will if they die? I'm open on Thursdays.

[This message has been edited by Alienboy (edited January 11, 2002).]

8. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] I exist for the good of others.
    Ha Ha Ha. Ok I'll stop while I'm still ahead.

I still am ahead right????????????

9. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31

I believe we'll discover the answer to that at approximately the same time that we perish. It's not for us to know. Feel free to place what faith you will in centuries' old works of fiction. I feel that I know better.

We've grown to be too clever for our own good, and it shall ultimately be our downfall.

But you know what? I don't know if I'll live to see the end of any given week, so why bother heavily indulging ones' self in the futily trivial?

10. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Nobleman... going to hell or not is not the gift... For we all will... and that is not God's fault but ours.... you have to look really negative.... we spoiled all and still God gives us an escape... Should you have done that? When you could make living creatures from clay but they all do what you don't want them to do, they say you don't exist and talk bad about you... then you destroy them and make something new of it.....

11. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    How come every existential topic turns into a religious topic? If one wants answers to life is religion the only thing that can give it? And why do you guys bash eachother for your beliefs or lack there of?

I belive in something but I do not belive in what the different churches tell us. Organised religion is on of the most evil things that we humans have created. I cant imagine that this is what Moses, Jesus, Mohammed, Siddharta Gautama and many others had in mind.
    The only one who can decide how a person should live is that person himself.

12. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

joacqin - that's a great question. It is almost like we all have a cross-shaped whole in our hearts ... so that when we delve into existentialism, we confront a need for God.

13. Ramses Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] So many feelings dwell in this thread.

note 1)
    Existentialsm IS religion or the lack thereoff, Joacqin and Mathetais.

Note 2)
    Don't wait for a final judgement it takes place everyday!

When you do you what you feel is right instead of cheating yourself, you have learned more than any book can teach and more than any voice can change.

14. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31

Simply put, Headbanger, you are saying that if one was to create an object, and that object expressed the free will you so openly gave it in a manner you did not like, you would destroy it, or manipulate it to your liking? Do you not see that this is both malicious and sadistic? Your god gave us not life, but a program. If we are his impudent slaves, should he beat us? If we are his stubborn mule, should he kick us? Are we but servants to his nobility?

I am no slave of his, nor his beast of burden. If he gave me the things I have, my life, and in return for those things I owe him my life, my pledge- what has he really given me? A chance to live in his caged realm and suffer- and then if I play by his rules, be rewarded? And if I choose the individualism that gives life substance, be punished? I'd rather return his gift to sender. Your god did not give you a gift he gave you a sentence. Like prisoners sent to quarry, you tarry to kneel before his benevolence without questioning 'Why?' Why is it not our place to understand the lives we are responsible for living? And to make decisions as we see fit, given our capacity to do so? Or do we have the capacity only to never use it? To me, this blind life is not worthy of the term 'life'.

I would rather see the world with my eyes than his. I would rather taste the beauty of nature with my senses than his. I would rather think with my mind, than his. For even if mine are inferior, by way of being mine, they are infinitely superior to me. I do not need god to speak for me, to think for me, to comfort me- if I am incapable of doing so on my own, then allow me my failures before you hand me a crutch. Call me stubborn-though i think it more a strong self-identity-but I would rather crawl with broken legs than fly on someone else's wings.

Amon-Ra

15. Ramses Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] You Amon-Ra, of All people, I would expect to understand that you cannot argue "common sense" with phenomenals which cannot be seen. What is hidden.

If you understand what I say, You are truly Amon-Ra or should I say Amen-Ra.

Note.
    Let be carried what needs a hand. And let walk what needs boots.

Edited of the mere reason that copying others may be taken as an offence.

[This message has been edited by Ramses (edited January 13, 2002).]

16. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I hate when this question turns up!
    It makes me think..
    And all the people who knows me also knows that Me+ Thinking= Disaster
    Listen to my proverb:
    "Never start to think!
    It may hurt you in many ways!"
    It might have a point but if all people would listen to it, we wouldn't sit here on our chairs today, eating snacks and drinking Joltcola. Thinking might be a good thing too, if you know how to do it!
    :D
    Anyway, you were brought to this world because of the Fate. Sometimes things just happens without a reason, for example my birth. Why was I given a life?
    What will I do to make a difference?
    Who really cares about me when it's year 3000?
    Who will remember me, this poor little thing, when the sun explodes?
    Life can be good if you do anything about it!
    Or it can be hell if you just let it walk away with you...
    What am I going to do with my life?
    Who cares if I end up like a beggar in 40 years?
    I wonder if life is so wonderful after all...
    How is death?
    Noone knows...
    Noone knows if it is worth to kill yourself just to take a look at what happens after life..
    *Now she has started to think! This is NOT good!)

17. Ramses Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] It would benefit yourself if you put some structure to your thinking. Not just amuse yourself with a load of more or less imaginatory questions.

Think about this instead;
    What is the best; To think superficially of your deep thoughts or deep of your superficial thoughts?

18. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Tarran's friend: Shouldn't it be more like, "Never start to think for yourself!"?

19. Arkados Blackmire Gems: 7/31

From what i know of God, and if he is so infinetely supreme and perfect and he created us all and everything else, i hardly think that we can understand him simply from the Bible. A little tiny puny book in a language no one can understand is supposed to teach us of God?

Man are not to know the ways of God.

I prefer, Man cannot in any way comprehend the ways of God. Not at all.

For he is too supreme a being for us to even begin fathoming his ways of thinking. The Bible is a piece of something some people wrote to comfort people that they can know God.

So, bringing back to the topic, on life. Just enjoy it. Whichever way you like. If saying your prayers and believing in God rocks your boat, go ahead. I wouldn't tell you to do otherwise.

20. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

Many of you say that this life is crafted by our perceptions, but if this is so, then wouldn't we be able to do anything that we decide to perceive? If that were possible, I would be a Playboy Multi-Billionaire.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.