1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Calling all dog lovers

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Slappy, May 13, 2003.

1. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Just plugging a new message board that my sister has set up. If you like/love dogs, please pop in and say hello.

The site is here.

You could also post below and tell us about your favourite/current dog.

Not that I'm hoping to keep this topic current :)

EDIT - Doh, I thought I was in the whatnots folder when I posted this. Saying that I had followed the link about reading the rules to check I could make a plug first. Anyway, please feel free to move this to the correct forum, sorry about the mistake.

2. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Great forum ... I'll post later!

As to favorite dogs ... my #1 has to be the Chesapeake Bay Retriever. Mine was named "Chunk", and was great.

Currently we have a Standard Poodle. His name is Zedd (short for Zeddicus Zul Zorander... or however its spelled ... I always get it wrong).

The poodle is great. Not very manly, but he doesn't shed and is great with the baby!

3. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

My favorite dog would have to be the first cockapoo that my parents had. She was a great dog. Very friendly and well behaved. She almost never barked in an obnoxious manner and was extremely gentle and good tempered. She never bit anyone and only growled at someone once that I can remember (and that was after the person in question had pulled her fur and ears for the umpteenth time).

My parents recently adopted another cockapoo and she is quite different from the first. She barks and bites constantly. I rarely visit my parents without acquiring at least one new scratch and have already had to take one of my suits to the tailor to be mended after it had a large hole bitten into the leg. It isn't that the dog is mean it is just that she is much to excitable. Oh well, hopefully she will mellow a little with age (she is only five months old).

In terms of other people's dogs - I have found that it is foolish to assume that dogs of the same breed will be alike. My former neighbour has had numerous german sheppards and they have varied greatly in personality. My favorite of these was as nice and friendly a dog as you could imagine while the worst had me constantly worried that it was going to jump the fence and try to tear my throat out.

4. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I had a dachshund named Susie when I was a kid. She was lots of fun. She was toilet-trained and could catch mice too. :D I really felt bad when she died.

Oh, I hear having a pet is good for kids. It teaches them caring and responsibility.

5. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    As I posted on her board so do I love German shepherds. Without question the best breed of dog there is. Just the simple fact that they are one of the breeds that looks most like wolves is just a winner. :D

6. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Dogs smell. Where's the cat forum?

7. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

Why'd you post here then, Shell?

Anyway, my favorite dogs are my current dogs: Paco and Chui, a pair of Chihuahuas. The other two I have are a pointer mix and a border collie.

8. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

My first dog was stewed with a dozen herbs and spices that really brought out the strong flavor of dog mea... Oooops, just kidding. :D It's no secret that people here do eat dogs... but not anymore, there are laws to protect the dogs now. BTW, I've never eaten one yet. :)

My first dog was a... well a dog (a result of generations of crossbreeds). I named him Patch because of the black patch on his left eye, sort of like a one-eye pirate. But that was years ago. I have always wanted a Golden Retriever or a Cocker Spaniel or a Jack Russel but where I live now... it's not really convenient to have a pet. :(

9. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I've always loved Rotweilers. They are a great dog. From Germany, Rotviel, to be precise. I used to have one when I was about 8, but we put it down. The next one we had was an Australian Sheep Dog. Border Collie x Blue Heeler. Dumb dog, but great at jumping. Probably what caused it to be hit by a car. Our current one is a Rodegian Ridgeback x Mastiff. It's an ex-pigging dog, but its really well tempered. Infact, we don't need to chain him up or anything. Really smart, and protective too. We've had him in the city for about 3 years, he used to be a farm dog but we got him when the ex-owners moved from the country and couldn't look after him. He still can hunt though. Great animal, dogs.

10. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

If I ever had a dog, (can't really afford it over the kids. Besides they'd probably kill it...) I'd get a Husky. Why? They just seem so wolflike and very Canadian...(I like things Canadian for some reason.)

11. Woody Woodrow Banned

We have Comet, part lab, part husky
    Tiger hienze 57
    Nova hienze 57 except I'm sure she's a coyote.

When I move out and get established and married and so forth I'm going to get two labs and name them Putz and Spacehog.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.