1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Funny party

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Felinoid, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

I've got an idea for a party composed of the funniest and weirdest NPC's in Baldur's Gate, but I can't quite seem to finalize it. So far I'm thinking:

Xan
    Quayle
    Tiax
    Alora

It still needs a tank (maybe the PC?), and I'll have to hurry to Chapter 5 to pick up half the party, but the real problem is that I can't think of who to fill the sixth spot with. Before someone suggests that I leave it as is, let me say that I want a full six-member party in order to maximize banter.

Minsc is the obvious choice, but I'm hoping there's someone else that I forgot to think of.

2. Biffle Chump Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Xzar! Xzar! Xzar! You need the crazy mage!

3. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

If you want funny, make Khalid your tank.

Nothing funnier than seeing your tank run away when he loses half his HP. ;)

4. Felinoid

@Biffle Chump:
    I thought about using Xzar, but I've used him before and I've already got two arcane spellcasters (Xan and Quayle), neither of which I have used previously. Besides, the party doesn't have any front row strength, and another mage wouldn't exactly help in that department. :D

@Klorox:
    I hadn't thought of using Khalid (probably mostly because I'd have to kill Jaheira; I don't like loose ends :evil: ) but it might be a good idea. How does he get along with the others I picked?

5. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    You don't have too, you can put her in a house, close the door and then kick her out of the party, she will then not come to you until you get into that room and she will not initiate the dialog in which she leaves with Khalid.

6. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Or you can turn her in a nice little statue and leave her be, part of nature as she wanted!
    You definitively HAVE to get Minsc in this party.
    My favourite is Tiax what bothers me is that you can't get him soon enough... :(
    I'd dump Alora to make some space for Xzar (Biffle Chump is right) there is no fun without Xzar!
    You're not going to get half your party before completing cloakwood, you'd better pick up a Thief PC and sneak around (and come back to finish quests later on with your team).

7. Felinoid

@Morgoth:
    I know about that trick, but I never use it; as I said "I don't like loose ends." I always kill the one of the pair that I don't want to keep.

@Caradhas:
    Does turning her into a statue take her out of your party? I thought it just darkened her portrait, like a normal (non-chunking) death. :confused:

8. Caradhras

Media:
    Last time I tried (I was young) she wouldn't be in the group anymore and with a scroll it was easy to get her back (if the basilisks looked the other way of course).

9. Biffle Chump Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Why not have Safana, Xzar, Montaron, Khalid, and Xan for the first part. Then dump Safana for Alora, kill Montaron, and have Xzar and Quayle duke it out until one dies.

Natural selection!

Or, maybe you want Shar-Teel

10. Kammesennin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

u could always enable cheat keys and hit... (it's been a long time) either Alt Y, or Ctrl Y, whichever it genreally is for cheat keys... use that one and she will explode and nobody will give half a crap. However, i don't think this will remove her from the party, but u should b able to get rid of her regardless, especially when another NPC tries to join.

11. Felinoid

@Biffle:
    I'm not gonna have people in my party who soak up experience and then leave. I'd feel obligated to kill them too, just on principle. (None spite the Child of Bhaal and live! :grin: ) I'm not exactly scared of the solo part, as I frequently solo or semi-solo (PC & Imoen for thieving abilities only) the whole game. And Shar-Teel is only funny for the first minute or two.

@Kammesennin:
    Ctrl-Y will chunk the NPC, permanently removing them from both your party and the game. That would solve the problem rather quickly. :lol: Of course, it makes the hard parts quite a bit easier if you have an NPC who will sacrifice themselves, like when I have Xzar go hand-to-hand against Unshey's ogre. :D After they die, you can kick them out and it's the same as a chunking death. The other of the pair won't even say boo (unless it's Minsc, but that's a different story :rolleyes: ).

@Caradhas:
    I'm definitely going to have to try the statue thing. It's even good from an RP perspective!

@anyone:
    Does anybody know what Faldorn is like in-game? Is she funny, or annoying, or just a blander version of Jaheira?

12. Caradhras

Media:
    @Felinoid: once (I was young) I got every NPCs in the game turned into statues except for the ones I used in my party... It was funny.

About Faldorn: I used her once and not for long, her ability to summon Dire Wolves is nice but she is a single class Druid which isn't that great because as you mentioned your party already includes Jaheira (especially if you're fond of Druids), if it doesn't and you don't have any healer or Cleric you might want to take her with you... the problem is in the mines you meet Yeslick who is a better NPC (IMO).
    Once I used the book that gave extra Wisdom on Xzar and dual classed him into a Cleric, believe it or not it was great! You might consider this if you want a Cleric in your party before recruiting Quayle.

13. Felinoid

:confused: When? 'Cause I'm definitely not taking her for this one.
    I was asking about Faldorn's personality. Is she bitchy, or nice, or funny, or what? I'm mostly looking for a party that will make me laugh every time I load it, but an NPC tank might mean fewer reloads.

14. Caradhras

Media:
    @Felinoid: my mistake I misunderstood your question "blander version of Jaheira"...
    Frankly I don't believe Faldorn suits a funny party, she growls a lot though.

15. Felinoid

So I guess I'm stuck with Khalid or Minsc. :hmm: Maybe Viconia?

16. Caradhras

Media:
    Pick up Khalid (Klorox is right) you will die laughing ... erm your party will die period. :D

17. Kammesennin Gems: 1/31

I've never played the whole game.. hell i don't think i bothered to get as far as chapter 4 (due to finding multiplayer more fun... and the sessions just don't last). But, if memory serves me right, there is a circus, or a fair, or something of that nature with a woman that has been turned to stone already (forgot the name), and also if memory serves me right, she doesn't completely get along with the people in your party and should create a good amount of banter. I may be wrong though, because once again... I haven't played in some time. Hopefully I'm remembering this correctly, as vague as it is. And hopefully you know who I'm talking about.

18. Felinoid

@Kammesennin:
    Don't tell me you're suggesting Branwen. :rolleyes:

19. Kammesennin Gems: 1/31

I dunno, like I said, I don't entirely remember, it's been quite some time.

20. Felinoid

Branwen is the cleric who always yaks about Tempus. You find her in the Nashkel carnival (by the tents), you have to use a Stone to Flesh scroll on her to get her, and when you do get her she's down to 1 HP. There's also this opportunist nearby who tries to sell you a scroll for 500 gold.

I only took her once, and she didn't say much of anything. Of course, that was with a completely different party, so I don't know how she'd react to these other NPC's. :hmm:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.