1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Finnish Metal

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Telcontar, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Telcontar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Well i guess in every country you cant hear many metal bands on Tv/Radio... WHen it comes to holland, WT,After Forever, T.Gathering are really cool bands, i like them, but they are only dutch bands I know :) :)

Metal scene in Norway was much better several years ago ( but mostly it was black :D )...
    Oh yeas and did anyone heard Lordi - Devil is a looser.. great stuff :D

yes I forgot Apocalyptica...
    They shoud have come to Serbia last year, but cause of some idiotic people in organization, they canceled... :D

2. Thor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

As far as i can tell the only metal band broadcasted on tv relatively often is ecanescense (mostly crap) and Iron Maiden (great) Although you have all those occasional visits from several other. A few days ago i saw a video of Emperor. Black-metal indeed :D

Limp Bizkit and such are considered "new-metal," ergo, crap, and an insult to metal overall.

3. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Hey Faragon! Carnaval was cool :)

The dutch metal scene has nothing to do with Idols, since everybody who tries to score by entering that kind of contests sucks... That's no music.. that's easy money for some very smart men!

I love dutch metal especially After Forever and Moordpoppetjes they are so cool! Best finish band is Daniel Lioneye ;) Foillowed by Nightwish COB and ofcourse Apocalyptica But I said that before...

4. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

Love Finnish metal. HIM, Nightwish and Stratovarius are all very good bands, (Especially HIM, though.) Of the rest of them I've only heard about Finntroll, Children of Bodom and Sinergy. And I suspect I'll enjoy them too...

5. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Slip Knot and all are not rock, real rock is Led Zeppelin, Guns 'n' Roses, The Grateful Dead.

Any way, Nightwish is awesome.

6. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Gosh, I always thought Real Rock was by black artists in the 50's (sorry can't name any band or artist, I'm not that old :p )

7. Darhken Rahl Gems: 3/31

HIM is a very good band, i have a question though..is Dimmu Borgir german? i'm pretty sure they are, but figured this would be the topic to ask in.

8. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Dimmu Borgir are from Norway. Awesome sound, I like! The only German bands I know are cringe-inducing power metal bands.

Finnish metal is probably the most technical out of the Scandinavian countries.

Favourite Finnish band - Children of Bodom

Favourite Swedish bands - Opeth, Edge of Sanity

Favourite Norwegian bands - Dimmu Borgir, Immortal

9. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Isn't Meshuggah from Norway?

10. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Meshuggah are from Sweden. I quite like them, but their songs are a bit too similar despite the complicated drum arrangements and adjective defying solos.

11. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Sonata Arctica RULES! :hippy:

12. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Nightwish rule!

13. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

No, no, of course BARATHRUM rules!

14. Telcontar Gems: 3/31

Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, Helloween, Edguy, Avantasia, Grave Digger are from Germany...
    If anyone wants to know somthing about some band..

www.metal-archive.com

15. Proserpine Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Suomi Metal Rules!

Nightwish, HIM, 69 eyes, Daniel Lioneye, To Die For, Children of Bodom, Tarot, Tyrävyö, Apocalyptica, Turbonegro, Finntroll...

The Dutch metal is very good!

After Forever, Within Temptation, Epica, Auteum, Orphanage and many more... And don't forget "de moordpoppetjes", they rule...

16. Judas Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Wow - no one has mentioned Amorphis yet. They are pretty damned good. Not only are they Finnish, they use adaptations of Finnish folk lore for a lot of their lyrics.

17. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] I thought Amorphis was from sweden, that's why I didn't mention them... But Indeed they rule!

18. Telcontar Gems: 3/31

I tought i said amorphis...
    forgot it.. yes they are great :)

19. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

YES! Someone mentioned Tarot!

20. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Hey! I know Tarot...their I Rule is a real ego booster :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.