1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best quotes

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by The Fat Egg, Jul 25, 2001.

1. Silverblade Guest

"Inter arma enim silent leges" (I believe it is from Ciciro, but I don't really remember)

AND

"It is a 106 miles to Chicago, we have a full tank of gass, half a pack of sigarettes, it's dark and we are wearing sunglasses" - Elwood Blues :D

[This message has been edited by Silverblade (edited August 01, 2001).]

2. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I knwo a few, but my fave is:

"if the human brain was simple enough to understand, we would be too simple to understand it" ~ Found on a graffiti covered wall in Glasgow....

3. shadow_thief Guest

Lol!
    "Once you've gone, never turn back, lest you ask for a shamed defeat." a twisted version of what Gandalf said.

4. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Some things to digest...Enjoy!

"Do or Do Not...There is no try." Yoda

"Fall Seven Times, Stand Up Eight." Chinese Proverb.

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains And we never even know we have the key" The Eagles, Already Gone

"If only we'd stop trying to be happy we could have a pretty good time." (Edith Newbold Wharton, 1862-1937)

"We can't all be heroes because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by."(Will Rogers, 1879-1935)

"Better a thousand times to die with glory than live without honor." (Louis VI of France, 1081-1137)

"Fortune sides with him who dares." (Virgil, 70-19 bc)

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." (Martin Luther King Jr., 1929-1968)

"If the truth hurts most of us so badly that we don't want it told, it hurts even more grievously those who dare to tell it. It is a two-edged sword, often deadly dangerous to the user." (Judge Ben Lindsey, 1869-1943)

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix, 1942-1970)

5. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

"I see" Said the blind man as he pissed in the wind "it all comes back to me now"

More of a joke but what the hey :D

6. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

For every battle honour, a thousand heroes dies, unsung and unremembered

7. Killer Dwarf Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] "I love it when a Plan Comes together." The A-Team :D

8. Ipp Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

"Everything that can be invented has been invented."
    --Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. Office of Patents, 1899.

For shame, that is an urban legend, always felt a bit sorry for that guy ;) http://www.urbanlegends.com/misc/patent_office_ul.html

more fun quotes,

"But what Bellini taught us that day by being crushed by a large rock was to find beauty in the banal, for it is everywhere."
    Kids in the hall

"go stick your head in a pig!"

"While you recently had your problems on the run, they've regrouped and are making another attack."

"There's hogsheads of sperm ahead, Mr. Stubb, and that's what ye came for. (Pull, my boys!) Sperm, sperm's the play!"
    Moby Dick

"Remember: KING KONG Died for your Sins..."

and..

"Blessed are they who hear the punchline and get the joke, for they shall laugh the Laugh of Salvation."

from principia discordia

9. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Always take the time to smell the roses...and sooner or later you'll
    inhale a bee.

If a motorist cuts you off, just turn the other cheek...nothing gets
    the message across like a good mooning.

If genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration, I must be sharing
    elevators with a lot of bright people.

It's always darkest before dawn...so if you're gonna steal the
    neighbors newspaper, that's the tme to do it.

It takes fewer muscles to smile than to frown...and fewer still to
    ignore someone completely.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked up into jet engines.

I believe no problem is so large or so difficult that it can't be
    blamed on someone else.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

My father always said laughter is the best medicine, which I guess is
    why several of us ended up dying of tuberculosis.

It takes a big man to cry...but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that
    man.

When I'm feeling down I like to whistle...it makes my neighbor's dog
    run to the end of his chain and gag himself.

10. GONMAR Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

"Don't ever speak to me, Don't ever speak to me again, understand, good"-kurgan

"What's the matter Garfield you cruisin' for a piece of A--"-Connor

11. Athalon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

"If I could live my life again, I'd be a plumber" - Albert Einstein

"You know the difference between you and me? I make this look good" - Agent J, MIB

"Get your hands off me you darn dirty ape!" - Charlton Heston
    Im not sure if I got it right. Somebody CORRECT ME!

"I, Ross Geller, take Rachel ... Emily, ohhh man..." -Ross Geller (David Schwimmer, Friends)

12. Slackertoast Gems: 5/31

Here are some of my favorites

'Gimme some sugar baby'-Ash

'First you want to kill me. Now you want to kiss me. Blow.'-Ash

'My Pressscccciousssss'-Gollum

'I'll be back'-Arnold

'You've got an over developed sense of revenge.'-Six fingered man

'Have fun storming the castle'-Miracle Max

'Go to bed with itchy butt, wake up with smelly finger'- Confucius

'I think, therefore I am wrong.'- Me :)

Corrections made where necessary. Sorry.

[This message has been edited by Slackertoast (edited August 04, 2001).]

13. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Dragons? Splendid things, lad - so long as ye look upon them on tapestries,
    or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off.....
    Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar

14. Athalon Gems: 5/31

Slackertoast, again you anger me! You forgot a few S's on precious :)
    • "You cut me deep, Shrek, you cut me deep" -Donkey
    • "Do I detect a hint of minty freshness" -Donkey
    • "Do you understand the words that are comin' outta my mouf" - Agent Carter, Chris Tucker
    • "My brains deadweight, I'm trying to get my head straight, and I can't figure out ..." -Eminem
    • "Friends are angels who lift you off your feet when you forget how to fly" -Anon
    • "They're watching you Neo" -Trinity

[This message has been edited by Athalon (edited August 07, 2001).]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2017
  15. shadow_thief Guest

Slacker, it is not "Golem"!!! It's Gollum! :mad:

-My Pressssciousssss

16. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

"Religion is like sausage; if it gives you pleasure, take care to never see it being made" (Source unknown)

The following 3 are all from Robert Heinlein:
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

"The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of loyalty and duty. Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute- get out of there fast! You may possibly save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed."

"A true lady takes off her dignity with her clothes and does her whorish best. At other times you can be as modest and dignified as your persona requires."

"There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal, kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do." - Terry Pratchett

"Quae dant, quaeque negant, gaudent tamen esse rogatae!" - Publius Ovidius Naso (Translation: Whether they give it to you or turn you down, girls are always pleased to have been asked! But it's much punchier in Latin.)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.