1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Flirting, good or bad?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Wordplay, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Yes, I mean something like... (Guess which one is the male)

*wink*
    :Ohmm?:
    *Gives an approving gaze*
    *Smacks lips*
    *Rubs chin*
    *Brushes hair*
    *Slowly get´s back to job*
    *Slowly get´s back to job*

...What do you think? Is flirting a harmless way to spend time? Even if you were married or engaged?

2. Hephaestus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Flirting is stupid. I have a friend who is the king of flirts. It's common for him to show off for three or more girls at a time ,and more often than not, he makes an ass of himself.

[ February 19, 2003, 23:36: Message edited by: Hephaestus ]

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I wouldn't really say flirting is good. But I certainly would not say it was bad.

I'd say a guy (or a girl) that doesn't know how to deal with flirting is bad. Very bad.

People can become very jealous and envious. They can become very annoyed and hostile. And I find these two situations to be the normal, rather than the abnormal.

You can see this on any forum on the internet, any business that employs men and women (yep; the military is just another business).

It's the few (not very few, but less than the majority) who can deal with flirting in either a positive manner, or a neutral one.

4. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Well, I've been the target of it from quite a few girls lately. I've flirted with some of them.

It's not flirting with someone that is a problem. Any biologist could tell you that one of the strongest human (or any animal) drives possessed is that of sexual desire. By flirting, you're just showing that you have some interest in them. From a psychological and biological standpoint, nothing wrong with that.

There are some people that have a problem with others flirting with them. Honestly, I'd say they have the problem, not the person showing interest.

My verdict: It's a perfectly acceptable (and fun ;) ) way to spend time. Hephaestus, people like those you describe do tend to annoy me though. Don't flirt with many girls at once.

I find it to be just the opposite. It depends more on the guy. I tend to only flirt with girls that I'm already friends with, so they don't have a problem with it.

5. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Imo flirting is harmless, period. Even when you're in a relationship. As long as it doesn't get serious there's nothing to worry about.

6. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

[​IMG] Flirting is a pretty broad based term. If someone's advances are unwelcome, and the receptor indicates this, I not longer classify the action as flirting. At best, it is "annoying" and at worst, "harassment." If the flirting is mutual, then it's one of the best things in the world.

This assumes that both flirters are not involved. If a person is involved, and yet is flirting, well, that says something to me about the depth of the commitment. I know I'd be hurt if my wife flirted with other guys.

7. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

There are many different types of flirting. The most used one, in my experience at least, has nothing to do with trying to hit on another person. Obviously it's normal that there's always some very, very small amount of sexual tension between a man and a woman. Flirting is nothing more than playing jokes on this tension, so to speak. It lightens the atmosphere, brightens up the day and makes bearing the day easier.

I know many females who I casually flirt with from time to time. Yet most of them are dating someone else, and still they don't mind. Because we're in a mutual understanding in that there's nothing serious about that at all.

Flirting is in it's way the exact "opposite" of how guys play sports and talk guy stuff, and girls play with clothes and makeup, discussing gossip. Flirting is the middleground when members of opposite sex engage into the more social form of interaction.

Someone unable to take that flirt for the innocent and amusing thing it is, is truly a sad person. Then again, it's not always easy to tell this time-passing social flirt from the serious one. That's where you get problems.

8. Teensabre Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Flirting -

GOOD when it's you and that guy/girl you've got your eye on,

BAD when it's your boy/girlfriend and your best friend.

Believe me, I know from experience :(

9. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

For a moment you wish it to last forever...
    After ten seconds you hate it...

10. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Well, I suck at flirting, so for me it's definetely bad. :)

11. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I agree that it depends on teh kind of flirting. I like it if it's subtle. Some people put too much sexual overtones. Flirting, when you have someone, is fine as long as it ends there but don't EVER flirt in front of your significant other.

12. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31

Even simple eye contact can be considered flirting. You've just got to be a good judge of the situation. I thinkk flirting is great. I'm not all that good at it, but i have my moments.

Take for instance, you're in a club, you catch a girl's eye. You catch her looking back over a moment later, then looks away in a certain manor that is slightly seductive (i can't explain it in text). She's flirting, indicating that she might be interested.

It's great.

13. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

Believe me, flirting with someone while your girlfriend is looking is DEFINATLY not the ideal way to improve your relationship, it is however a good way to get single again...

14. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] When it's just a little fun not taken seriously by anyone ;)

:evil:

Or you fancy someone... :eek:

15. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

without sexual tension (which is impossible IMHO) it's not that bad. But in any other way I think it's bad. Especially if either you or the person your flirting with has a relationship. (oh my, puritans here I come :p )

16. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

A simple...eye-contact...can be considered...flirting? Wheeerl, if it´s something diry, maybe, but otherwise I don´t believe no one takes *that* as *flirting.*

17. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31

By flirting, i am saying that it's something that used early on can help progress the getting to know someone stage into a more intimate stage. Eye contact can help that. That's all i meant. Obviously it's got to be combined wioth other acts of flirting for it to be of any use.

18. scarampella Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Personally I believe flirting can be an incredibly healthy thing as long as no one is harmed in the process.
    Even if a person is well loved and appreciated by a partner we are all still individuals who would do well to feel attractive to another person without it meaning it has to go anywhere.
    The key is 'harmless' flirting...

19. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Flirting can be both good and bad. The worst part is you flirt more when your taken. I dont know, me and my friends got this thoery that: Guys are like artwork.. its wanted more when its not aviable. I been with my girlfriend for about 4 months now.. all is good, everything is great.
    but i noticed i been talking to and flirting with about 3 or 4 other girls. it didnt even hit me intill my coach said something. i dont think i did it on purpose, but when i think about it, im like do i want to try to start something with her. but thats when flirting becomes bad, i believe you can flirt but as long as you dont pursue a relationship or want to start something with them.

[ February 24, 2003, 05:28: Message edited by: Something Corporate ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.