1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: What You First Look For...

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ok, this is a two part poll to find out what males and females look at when they meet a new person. :rolling:

Poll Information
    This poll contains 2 question(s). 60 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: What You First Look For... (60 votes.)

Males: What You Look For...(Choose Top Two (Choose 2)
    * Breasts - 27% (16)
    * Butt - 18% (11)
    * Eyes - 40% (24)
    * Hair - 20% (12)
    * Personality - 48% (29)
    * I'm not a male/Other - 15% (9)

Females: What You Look For...(Choose Top Two) (Choose 2)
    * Muscles - 0% (0)
    * Butt - 3% (2)
    * Hair - 3% (2)
    * Eyes - 8% (5)
    * Personality - 12% (7)
    * I'm not a Female/Other - 85% (51)

2. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

When I was young, it was breasts and butts, but having dated a few morons, I grew up (but obviously not enough, because breasts still came in second.) :D

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yeah, I'm with Depaara.

I still look at her breasts. Even if they are not big; I sooner turn a girl down because her breasts were too large, than small. But personality is first criteria. I have to be able to stand being around her before I'll work on her body.

4. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    i guess im kinda weird, i like a girl to have a nice back, smooth without spots something which would be nice to slide your hands over.

but in this poll, eyes come first, i can find alot attractive in a girls eyes

5. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Hair, Face, Breasts, I already came ;)

6. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Intelligence first, then personality. No point hanging around someone who's annoying, less so for someone as smart as a box of hair. If you cannot carry on a conversation, you're wasting my time.

7. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

First if she's nice :) Then checks personality, and then breasts...

8. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

She's gotta have humor. And of course good looks. I don't want no funny ugly girl. :D

9. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

personality? how can you look for personality first time two people met? flipping between personalities is a very simple thing to do. frankly, you can only look into personality after a long long time of knowing each other, getting together, communication and such.

10. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] A pretty face. Not an option on your poll unfortunately!

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Eyes and personality. You can tell a lot by someones eyes :xx:

Not that I've had a boyfriend though :shake:

12. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sorry dudes, but you cant FIRST LOOK at someone's prsonality. You always see the looks of someone first. So there was no option 'personality' for me. Personality is second, or third.
    I first look at her eyes. They tell you something about her personality. Then her butt. It tells you something different... Then, when it turns out to be a [insert nasty unfriendly word here], I look at someone else.

For the people who first look at someone's personality, how do you do that? 'Boy! You're ugly! You must be very kind and funny...' (?)

13. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Great point MoN. I felt shallow in my answers, but you can't notice a personality on the bus or on the street. Personality can overcome bad looks, great looks very rarely can overcome a bad personality.

So, to answer the question, eyes & breats would be #1 & #2 ... but eyes & hair are also nice!

:good:

14. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I can look at someones personality :good:
    1) people usually approach me
    2) I often notice/see things people miss
    3) My social life is on a MUD :lol:

Anyway it's to look at when you meet a new person :p

If you were at a pub and you saw someone new would you look straight at their arse? :hahaerr:

15. scarampella Gems: 10/31

Not too many girls answering up yet

eyes
    personality

I think I can see a personality when I see a person. Body language is my specialty!

16. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Personality and a very good sense of humour are the most important things. Besides that, I like eyes and a nice smile. I also like fairly big guys (read: Tall and broad).

17. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I like the eyes and legs. I agree that personality is difficult to gauge. Perhaps before you answer the poll, imagine that there are ten guys/gals in a line. None of them are talking or moving about. Which would you want to meet first and why?

18. Farthy Gems: 10/31

Veteran

:lol: When I was reading off the body parts it was like I was ordering chicken! (breasts, buttocks, thighs, etc.)...

19. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Yep difficult to answer as it depends on how you interpret the question. What do you look 'for' or look 'at.' When you're sitting on a bus (to use Mat's example) a nice figure (whichever part or the whole) jump out at you :eek: . Making eye contact can be much harder and there is almost no chance of getting to know the personality. However, longer term, I hope most people are looking 'for' someone who's personality they like. Of course there are still lots of shallow people around who just want a decoration on their arm. :rolleyes:

Being honest though, looking into a pair of eyes that seem to sparkle especially if they are sitting above a warm smile, tend to make my libido convince the rest of my brain that she 'must' have a nice personality. :love:

On another tangent, consider the dilemma of the modern male. If we stand up and oggle physically desireable women we are lambasted with the 'men humph' response. On the other hand you should see the shocked and outraged response I get (from women) when I point out that I didn't find either of my previous two girlfriends attractive at first, but grew to do so. " :aaa: How can you say that, that's shocking, cruel," etc. Perhaps this is another example of women's creative and holistic thinking being unhindered by the barriers and constraints of logic. :doh:

20. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I totally agree,first of all i look to her eyes than breasts,if she's a moron,then sleep with her and than split up ( unfortunately i don't have that courage :D )
    But if she's not a moron than that means i'm gonna discover her personality more,than i wouldn't need to look for much :cool:

[ February 23, 2003, 14:50: Message edited by: Khelben ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.