1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Oldest appliances owned by posters?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Orkrist the Cleaver, Aug 10, 2001.

1. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Here is a ridiculous question...what is your oldest appliance that still works? I ask because I have a fridge from the 40s or 50s that still works great, plus it looks totally cool. I recently bought a new gasket for the door as the old one wore away and I had to order away for it and so forth. People at the store were like, you have a what? Its a Philco. The company isn't around anymore, but the appliances are!

2. Brega Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] I have a really cool toaster from the 60's.
    It looks really awsome!

3. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I have me from the sixties and I almost still work properly.

4. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I have a working BETA machine... One of those really old top loading ones.

5. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

i have an iron from the 70s, although by now its moldy and rusty.. heh

6. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I have an old vacume tube volt meter. Not shure when it was made but still woks perfectly.

7. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Ok not really an appliance but.. we went to fix our toilet last week and found out the bloody thing was made in 1933!!!

My god that is older then me and hubby combined!

8. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    The refrigerator in my basement is 60 years old!!!

9. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31

I have an old refridgerator too, but it's not in use...no idea if it works or not. We moved into my current residence several years ago, buying the house from an empty nest couple. They left for a smaller house and didn't bother moving half their stuff. :p

Their ancient relics include bright orange shag carpeting(3 inches deep...we pulled it up, then burned it), a speckled brown and orange shag carpeting(still in use...no hardwood floors beneath this one :mad: ), and a glorious archaic electric stove/oven. The oven portion opens vertically, with a spaceship-like hissing. :p

[This message has been edited by The Deviant Mage (edited August 10, 2001).]

10. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31

[​IMG] I have some elektric tools from my grandpa in the attic. A drill and a circular saw from the 50's are still moving when switched but working with them.. i think i better keep my fingers.

11. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

I feel I might get yelled at if I say "8-track player".

How about an iron from the 1840s. It's that kind where you have to set it on top of a wood stove in order to heat it. I don't use it.

Oh! Here we go! A TI series all in one computer! With four colors! And cool games like Pac-Man and Alien Invasion!

12. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31

50+ year old Jig saw. Still works I use it to make wood crafts.

13. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] The tv in my room its from the 60's my dad had it when he was a kid.

14. Llandon Gems: 13/31

Veteran

The oldest working appliance in my house is a Colt 1911A 45. cal. pistol

15. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Eeh my 5 year old tv.

[This message has been edited by Tasohan (edited August 13, 2001).]

16. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31

Back at my folks' house, we have a Maytag washer that's over 20 years old. Still works just fine.

17. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

There's a rifle hanging on the wall downstairs. Think it's over 100 years old. Doesn't work however :(.

Our washing machine is an AEG Turnamat. Think it's from the 60s or 70s. It works fine.

[This message has been edited by Mollusken (edited August 18, 2001).]

18. Brega Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Well, if we're talking guns here, i have my grandpa's mauser (with a bayonet of course)
    from WWII hanging on my wall.

19. Silverblade Guest

My tv is about 16, maybe 17 years old, I don't remember exactly. It is a Mitsubishiand, it has 16 channels and it is still working as well as it was completely new.

[This message has been edited by Silverblade (edited August 18, 2001).]

20. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Oh yeah, I forgot. I also have an old fan from the 40s. It still works, but only in one speed. It has large openings in the metal fan cover. I was moving it one day while it was on (its pretty small, but heavy) and it chopped into my thumb and left a scar! My cat poked his tail in it, too, and took a bit of a strike. I see why they don't make fans like that anymore...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.