1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pick a Sigil.

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Faragon, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Probably just stick with my current one. A winged lion on a saint andrews cross.

2. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

A single rose floating in perfume in a man's hat.

3. Danj Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

A wolf head in a full moon surrounded by black. I've always loved wolves and that looks bloody cool!

4. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

A dragon wrapped around a sword with a blazing eye on the hilt. :)

5. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    A Shell

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Perhaps I'm boring, but I go with the real one, slightly modified. I posted in some thread started by Belly ages ago, so there's no need to repeat myself. For roleplaying purposes I use three white towers (or even trapezi) in a red shield and don't bother with blazoning - just sanguine, three towers argent. Otherwise it would look like sanguine, a pavilion argent caped ermine with cross on top sable, on helm facing closed argent a circle of jewelled gold, supporting three towers argent the middle tower highest, no cap - and let's hope that was correct. No freaking supporters, no cadency and no quartering (there's no such torture that would force me to blazon a circle made of a scarf with a loose tie in the shield and a baggy-robed girl with a similar scarf on her hair, holding on dear's horns), thanks be to heaven. Fortunately, there's no motto either. Probably terrible swearing was used instead ;)

[ August 12, 2003, 20:54: Message edited by: chevalier ]

7. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Doh, never finished my sigil :)

Grey and Blue background. (Diagonally split from upper left to lower right. Left side is grey, right side is blue.) A longsword is in the center, point down. Behind it is a red hart. (Suggesting the sword is protecting the hart, which symbolizes that I will do anything to protect my loved ones.)

8. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

A black silhouette of a dragon, without stretched wings, sort of like that shot on Dragonheart.
    In the background a golden diamond with a thick black boarder.

9. Valkyrie Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

A spread-winged eagle of deep emerald color on a gold field. Or a black oak tree on a red field. Or maybe a rampant gryphon, silver, on a blue field.... or a blazing red phoenix on a gold field..... Hmmm. Too many choices

10. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
  11. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    A silver Wolf's head on a green or purple field

something like that :)

12. Dyacea Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Depends on my mood.

~ A bow and arrow
    ~ A flame in the backdrop
    ~ A green eye and a blue eye entwined
    ~ A white cross
    ~ A green spear
    ~ A large, amber, anime-stlye eye
    ~ A cat's claw
    ~ A mage, Dorran, casting a spell. He's one of mine :D
    ~ A hornet

Whew! Either that or ten silhouettes of certain people. (My characters)

13. Yerril Gems: 22/31

A stylised shield filled with a huge collection of seemingly random things, including a shuriken/CD, a longsword, a guinea pig, a flaming green torch, an angel with a shattered halo, a pen dripping with blood, a broken mechanical heart shrouded in fog, a pair of eyes, one green and one blue, and unlocked shackles.

14. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Yerril, do you want to explain your choices? They're, intruiging to say the least ;)

15. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31

Veteran

Media:
    I'd have to agree with Yerril randomness rules.
    As for my thing going with more specific randomness: Hamster, guitar, Yellow submarine half painted greeen, a lilo, a cardboard box, a chicken named dave, an explicite flaming finger, my life story (short), and a black silloette of an arabian pig farmer all on a black background and surrounding a big pink sword with "Barbie 4eva!" enscribed on the blade... :p

16. Yerril Gems: 22/31

At Faragon's command...

CD/Shuriken - represents my stupid ability to see the coolness in everything. :p
    A longsword - my love of medium force. I don't like overkill, nor am I particulalry subtle.
    A guinea pig - BEST. ANIMAL. EVER.
    A flaming green torch - green being the colour of my soul ( :p :D ), this represents my thirst for knowledge and self-improvement, which, like a flame, is as dangerous as it is illuminating.
    An angel with a shattered halo - Despite my puritanical tendancies and positive attitude, I can no longer call myself a paladin.
    A broken mechanical heart shrouded in fog - my heart is almost certainly broken, and (like a machine) has only one purpose left - pumping blood. It is shrouded in fog, because I have often been told that I never share my true feelings.
    A pair of eyes, one green and one blue - firstly, my eyes are never any one colour, and seem to change colour every time I look at them. Also representative of my unpredictability - it is often hard to see how I will react to anything.
    Unlocked shackles - I have an enormous emotional attachment to a woman who never loved me. The shackles with which I am bound are not locked by shared affection, I could free myself at any time, but I cannot seem to manage it.

:)

17. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Very good Yerril, very good indeed. You really thought it out. The symbolism is beautifull. Especially the broken halo and unlocked shackles, thought out very well! Except the guinea pig. That's ... just ... no :grin:

And don't worry, you'll be able to toss away those shackles when you're ready for it. You will be one day. I threw away mine last tuesday. I hope you can do as well soon. :thumb:

18. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31

mine would be a huge two handed sword with a picture of a griffon and a dragon fighting, griffon winning

19. Silverwolf86 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] I actually have a sigil of a sort already. When I was in 3rd grade I read way too much (whenever people ask me about certain books I always seem to be saying -- Oh yeah! I read that in 3rd grade. . .) and so I was completely obsessed at the time with the 3 Investigators books. So I got some friends of mine together and we created a spy club, each with our own names and symbols. Mine was Silverwolf (I'd completely forgotten I first got that then) with a paw print for a sigil. And then for years after we fell apart (I was the only one who ever wanted to do any spying or investigating) I completely forgot about it except for the whole paw print symbol which became my trademark in a whole bunch of things. And then over the past two years I actually incorporated the paw print symbol into two of my books.

See the Kingdom of SP -- Characters thread to see where I converted characters from said books. http://www.sorcerers.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=000298;p=3

So even though my sigil is exceedingly simple in comparion to the rest of yours, it's got too much nostalgia attached to it. Besides that, I recently found this store that sold sealing wax and sigil rings -- and yes, they had the perfect paw print!! :D Too irrestible to pass up, even if I still haven't used it...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.